Dr. Bernard Cavazos Jr Is this you?

7 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Bernard Cavazos Jr?

What a jerk!

Posted on September 8th, 2009

I made an appt and was scheduled almost immediately. Found an issue on my pap and did more tests ASAP--so far so good. At surgical consult he was so busy telling me about his various seats on boards and how great he was and how he could deal with anything I could not get a word in edgewise. Went home, looked him up, and he IS great--just has an attitude--so I proceeded. Went in to sign presurgical paperwork with an assistant and pointed out some flaws in it (prescribed meds I am allergic to for presurgery, surgery was scheduled for afternoon and I am insulin dependant diabetic so can not go from midnight til 6pm without food or meds to regulate my sugars, etc) The assistant told me I HAD to take those meds and the surgery could NOT be rescheduled. I asked them to see the doc to get a different script and to book on a different day so I could be first and not impact my diabetes. They wanted to schedule me for another presurgical consult and charge me again! Told them no way--just had one last week--nothing had changed, and if the doc wanted to actually listen to me this time it was on his dime--the appt would be free. They grumbled but booked it. They called me 2 hours before the appt and said the doc was called to the hospital, so I said ok and to reschedule. They said the doc had told them it did not make any difference if I rescheduled or not, because I was "non-compliant!" I told them he was running a cookie cutter operation and I was not a cookie and it was just too bad if I was not a standard patient. In 2 days I got a letter stating that as I had not followed their recommendations that I should seek another GYN within 30 days. I went to get my records and they charged me $25 for them--when I obviously needed them and it was at their request! I got a second opinion and the surgery was coordinated with my endocrinologist and pulmonoligist and I am great now. I do not think that taking a medication I am allergic to is "non-compliant" and I am in the process of turning him in to every agency I can think of. My new GYN even gave me a list of agencies to contact! If you want to have a reaction to meds you are allergic to, or want a pre existing condition to be thrown off--he is your guy. If you want someone to treat the patient as a whole and not done with a rubber stamp go ANYWHERE else first!

Posted on April 12th, 2016