A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bernard Doft:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bernard Doft is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bernard Doft, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Low Vision
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Doft graduated from New York University. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Doft has 27 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Horizon
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Doft accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Bernard H. Doft practice?
Dr. Bernard Doft practices Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Johnstown, PA and Altoona, PA.
See Pittsburgh Internists, Pittsburgh Ophthalmologists, and Pittsburgh Surgeons.