Dr. Bernard Giserman MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics New London, CT

May 4th, 2016
Excellent practice. I've had 5 children and a grandchild go to this practice over the last 29 years and never had one complaint. They are the best at getting to the bottom of any issue and following through till the end.

March 11th, 2013
Simply the Best
I must respectfully disagree with the previous negative post. I have two sons, and we are new to this practice (2 years). My youngest child was born with two very tricky conditions, he had a heart condition that required two cardiac medications, and a GI issue, which had 2 different meds, that eventually required surgery at Yale, and to top it off, he was very sensitive to the medications which meant he was in & out of Yale ICU for the first four months until after his GI surgery. It was very tricky navigating Yale cardiologists with my local pediatrician, his case was not typical for the average pediatrician. Dr Giserman was on call the weekend before my son had surgery and was 100% INSTRUMENTAL in getting the RIGHT Yale specialist to call me back, immediately. Luckily everything went great for my son since, and he is now a sprightly 10 year old. Having had extensive experience in a hospital setting, with severely sick children, and as the mother of a teen and preteen, I can empathize with the "my child will need an antibiotic" mantra repeated by many parents. Yes, the child may need them, but maybe not today. We live in a world of superbugs, and it is inconvenient but sometimes the kids DO fight it off. Please be patient. Personally I APPLAUD a doctor who will not blindly prescribe what the parent determines a child needs. Believe me, when you really need good sound medical attention, Dr Giserman is 100% there and will tirelessly advocate for your child.

February 4th, 2013
Do not go here
Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this place. They are too big for their own good and do not care about you as an individual. My son came down with a respiratory infection so we brought him in. The Doctor said that rest would take care of it. I explained that my son had a history of getting infections and that he needed antibiotics. The doctor refused to give him anything. She said that if the problem persisted to call back and she would prescribe something. Against my better judgement left and waited a week. He got worse so we called back and asked for a prescription. We were told that they would prescribe cough medicine. This was not going to fix the problem. We explained that we are parents of three children and we know when our kids are sick and that we needed antibiotics. We were told to come in again for another paid office visit. I was so mad that we went to a local walk in clinic where we were informed that he had an upper respiratory infection and that he needed antibiotics. Imagine that. On top of that the doctor asked why we waited so long to bring him in since it was so bad they thought he might have Pneumonia. We had to pay for an x-ray to be sure it wasn t. I called Pediatric Associates back and told them what we did and that I did not feel we should be charged for our previous visit since the doctor did nothing. We were told that if we did not pay they would send us to collections. Save yourself the aggravation and do not go here.