Dr. Bernard Kumetat MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 9th, 2016
very kind,caring good listener

May 8th, 2015
Calls personally in the evening if there are concerns.

March 25th, 2014
Nice man but not helpful
Dr. Kumetat is one of the kindest doctor that I have met but he is unable to give me (the parent) any instructions or advice that I could help my child with. Every psychiatrist that I have been to in the past have been ready to see me within 5 minutes of the appointment and have a specific amount of time for the appointment. One time I have waited over an hour and a half another time fifty eight minutes and the shortest wait time to be seen by Dr. Kumetat was thirty five minutes. Some appointments lasted twenty minutes, some lasted thirty five minutes and one time eleven minutes (and still paid a full payment). It really pains me to write a less than flattering review but I think it's important to know what to expect if you choose Dr. Kumetat as your child or adolescent's psychiatrist.

January 9th, 2014
Parent of children who struggle
If you live anywhere near Pittsford, NY you would be lucky if your child or children could be treated by Dr. Bernie Kumetat. Both of my children had the opportunity to see him over a period of 10 years. To this day I remember the comment that was made to us regarding our pending first appointment with him, you'll love him or hate him (we met with two others before meeting with him)..........I can't imagine anyone not loving him! He is someone who truly cares about the kids he sees. Over the years, we have seen 8+ child psychiatrists, due to hospitalizations, and moves. He is the one we always go back to, even thought we no longer live in the area. He gets it, and goes above and beyond to help children in need. The love and care he provides his patients is truly heartwarming. I will always consider him a part of of extended family.

December 28th, 2013
The mom of two kids that have used Bernie's services
Our experience with Bernie has been excellent! He helped my sixteen old daughter with anxiety and depression! Without him I do not think she would have been properly diagnosed properly! She could not sleep, attend school, or even hang out with friends! While we were seeing him my son had seen several therapists as a child and as an adult had already been through two Dwi convictions came in for a family appointment and decided he needed to see Bernie too! Bernie has helped my son with medicine and with understanding his mental health concerns and has gotten him on medicine that helps him contribute positively to his life and society! I don't know where our family would be without him! Sometimes you have to except waiting or being put on hold to receive excellent care! Thanks Bernie for being a doctor of excellence!

April 17th, 2013
Amazing
The people on here who have criticized Dr Kumetat are clearly bitter and submitted reviews that are far from accurate. I agree that the receptionists that work there are not the greatest, and obtaining an appointment is difficult at times (due to high demand for his services) but as a person he is phenomenal. He knows what he is talking about and truly cares about people, he welcomes his patients with a smile and upbeat tone and offers you hot chocolate/coffee/water every time. This may seem small but it is the little things like this that Bernie does that shows he cares and wants you to feel welcome and at ease. I am 24 now and have sen bernie since i was in 7th grade. Although i now see him strictly for medication maintenance, from time to time I make appointments to meet with him and discuss stressors, academic advice, etc and he is always very helpful.

March 21st, 2012
He's the best for teenagers!
Dr. Kumetat has been a life-saver for our family. He has worked with my daughter for years. She is now a confident college student!

February 28th, 2012
Great Doctor, Horrible Staff
Dr. Kumetat is a caring and competent psychiatrist. Unfortunately, his office staff is so incompetent that it hurts his practice. They are slow, mix-up records, and are often rude and even annoyed with patients. Waiting on hold for a long time is standard. I have waited on hold for over 45 minutes to speak with the office staff. Another time, the staff neglected to tell the doctor that we were there for our appointment and we ended up waiting over an hour to be seen. As the office staff are the gatekeepers to access to Dr. Kumetat, they effect his practice in such a negative way that I am actively looking for another provider. It is a shame to have a great doctor hampered by such a terrible staff. But, because his area of expertise is with children who depend on his care, patients should not be at the whim of a substandard staff.

April 8th, 2010
Bernie has become like a part of our family. He is excellent with diagnosis and medications. My children look forward to seeing him.

January 15th, 2010
The Best
He's the Best!

September 6th, 2009
The Best!
Dr Kumetat is an excellent doctor. My life is in a better place because of his expertise and willingness to work with me. He was knowledgeable, patient, respectful, supportive, and kind.

April 20th, 2008
A excellent physician and wonderful person. Promotes an open, accepting, and warm atmosphere for sharing complicated & personal life experiences.