Dr. Bernard Lau Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bernard Lau?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Bernard Lau?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 19th, 2016

WORST DOCTOR EVER

This doctor was very rude, he has horrible bedside manner, he does not know how to deal with human beings. During my visit he was rude to me, his office staff, and other patients. He seemed very disinterested in what I was saying as a patient, was more interested to get in and get out of the room as soon as possible.

August 23rd, 2016

Wonderful and caring

I always have a wonderful experience when seeing Dr. Lau. It is obvious that he loves children and his advice is always helpful.

February 24th, 2016

WORST PEDIATRICIAN EVER

Waited over 2 hours to see this doctor. Saw him leave the room next to ours then go to the doctor lounge. Heard him talk for 20 plus minutes to another doctor about CARS. I went to the front desk twice to let them know I could hear him and that our appointment was 2 hours ago. He was VERY RUDE and HAD A BAD ATTITUDE. Then we he finally decided to see us he said we needed to see a specialist. I thought he was a doctor. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I would give zero starts if I could.

February 18th, 2016

I happen to think Dr. Lau is one of the best pediatricians I have taken my daughter to. He has a quirky sense of humor which I thoroughly enjoy because I feel like I am talking to a regular person, not a Dr. who feels or acts like they are "holier-than-thou". He has always spent a decent amount of time with us at appointments and never made us feel rushed even though I know a pediatrics office can get crazy - especially a large one like Stony Brook.

December 19th, 2015

Ok so his bedside manner is terrible he speaks down to parents and actually made me feel like i was an idiot. He misdiagnosed my son and sent us home. my motherly instincts kicked in and i went to er and we were admitted for 3 days!! He gives long winded answers to questions not giving a straight answer!

March 19th, 2014

Amazing Doctor

Dr. Lau is an amazing doctor. He spends a lot of time with me whenever I am there with either of my children. He doesn't rush me out, and never makes me feel like I've asked a silly question. He teaches me how to take care of my sick child, and explains the logic behind all the advice he gives. I've learned so much over the years that I've been bringing my children to see him, like how to minimize the chances of my sick child getting worse, and when antibiotics are not needed, and he even explains possible side effects and how to avoid them! I give him an A++++++

August 29th, 2013

Thanks to the parents who expressed their negative experiences with this Dr. I thought it was just me.... I've experienced some of the same condescending and demeaning attitudes. Some of the comments he made to me were out right rude. I would say to myself, "Did he just really say that to me?" I've had a few good visits, thus giving him several opportunities, but overall...his personality, arrogant comments, lack of concern for my childs needs has made me realize that I should switch pediatricians.

August 20th, 2013

Horrible and arrogant

He may be a good doctor but you would never know because his arrogant attitude gets in the way. Don't know what dr Thomas was thinking bringing him in but have to switch pediatricians because I do not want my children to be seen by him. Makes you and your children feel horrible and needs to work on his people skills. Those that have given him good reviews must have met him on a good day as he has never been anything but rude and condescending to me and my husband and several other patients I have talked to. Please dr Thomas find a new doctor to be a part of your practice.

August 6th, 2012

He saved my son

Dr. Lau is one of the most thorough doctors we've encountered. When he does and exam, he really does one! My son had a condition that likely has been present for a long time. No other doctors found it, but Dr. Lau did! Just an awesome doc!

June 16th, 2012

Arrogant nasty and horrible

January 31st, 2012

Great surprise!

Saw Dr. Lau with my daughter who has had a really bad rash. He treated her right and the rash got better when others couldn't fix it. He even personally called for follow up! What a great surprise to get this kind of care!

April 19th, 2011

Amazing! Highly personalized service. Spends lots of time explaining in plain english!