Dr. Bernard Ong MD Patient Reviews

• 15 reviews

August 26th, 2016
Great Surgeon
Dr. Ong performed a rotator cuff repair for me in May. I had very little pain afterward, which I believe is an indicator of his still and the fact that he's gentle with tissues, and the results are really excellent. It's only been just over 3 months, and I can do things that I haven't been able to do in a very long time. His staff members are always courteous and professional.

May 12th, 2016
No one better
Dr. Ong has replaced both my knees, and did a rotator cuff repair on my shoulder. He is the only Ortho I would use. He cares about his patients, and takes time to make sure the care you are given after the surgery is top notch.

September 9th, 2015
Best Ortho in Las Vegas
Dr, Ong replaced both my knees and a rotator cuff repair in in 2014. I could not ask for a better doctor. If I lived out of state, I would return to Vegas for Dr. Ong to treatment. I have a tiny scar on both knees, which is excellent...

February 4th, 2015
I am very please with the care I got from Dr. Ong and his staff, I have been walking in pain for over 40 years, and now I am pain free with my new knee replacement, what a great guy very friendly and honest about his diagnosis of my knee, praise god and Dr. Ong..

December 19th, 2014
Very competent

August 2nd, 2014
Great Doctor
Being seeing Doctor Ong for years, for bilateral knee problems due to arthritis and shoulder pain. He is patient and takes time to answer your questions and always is polite. He never pushes any surgery, offers suggestions and gives you all his findings through x-rays and takes the time to examine you thoroughly. I needed knee replacement done over five years ago, but have dealt with the pain and suffering due to my stubbornness and fear. Not once has Dr. Ong pushed the surgery on me, he waited for me to come to him. He said I'll know when I'm ready. And he was right, when I couldn't walk any more without going grocery shopping for a few minutes and have to quit or look for a place to sit. When standing wasn't a option. And sleeping in pain was keeping me up all night long. That was when I had enough pain in my life to say enough is enough! Dr. Ong is one smart man, and I never experience a Dr. who waits for you to come to him for surgery and not push it on you. I love him.

December 11th, 2013
Knee Replacement baby
I have had bi-lateral knee problems since a teenager, Ran and worked out at a gym constantly. After numerous Knee surgeries' (5) , throughout the years(40 years) it was finally time to get a replacement. From severe pain when I moved my right leg, I am now able to walk painfree. This is due to Dr. Ong! He did not push me to have a replacement. He did not try to persuade me to have surgery. He let me decide on when I was ready. He remained available to me during tis time, never being rude or dismissive. I choose the surgery after 6months. One and half years later I am pain free. It's hard work recovering. Therapy is horrible. But that is not Dr. Ong's fault. He was encouraging when I thought I was failing. God Bless this man.

March 18th, 2012
Very unprofessional
In the midst of my examination, Dr. Ong's cell phone rang, which he had in his pocket. He actually took the phone out of his pocket, looked at the screen on the phone and excused himself, saying he had to take the call! To say that I was shocked and insulted would be an understatement. About four minutes later, he came to complete my exam and treatment. I have never had a doctor do this and not only have a cell phone turned on, but to actually answer the phone on my time. Dr. Ong suggested that I might need surgery. I can tell you, if I do, he won't be the one to perform it. I shudder to think about his cell hone ringing in the operating room.

January 23rd, 2012
Great Doctor.
Had a Total Knee Replacement on one leg and scoped on the other within a two month period. Scoped knee on a thursday and i felt good enough to return to work by Monday. I was able to return to work within 3 weeks part time after total knee replacement.(Office work)Check wounds himself and even did changed dressings himself. Personaly called to check on me at home after realese. He cares about his patients.

July 20th, 2011
No Way!
If my body parts were broken in pieces and he was the last Orthopedic Doctor on the planet I would find someone else, a dentist or eye doctor even - anyone but him. He strikes me as in it for the money and glory but not patient welfare.

June 25th, 2011
Good ratings not accurate
The reason that there are high ratings for this doctor is because they all come from within his office. After you have had an experience with his bedside manner and intolerance for patients' questions, you'll see why he has to keep giving himself high ratings to bring his score up. Bedside manner and care for patients is terrible!

June 4th, 2011
Questions Not Allowed
Dr. Ong does not like to be questioned. He simply wants you to follow what he says and withhold any questions you may have about your injury, treatment, test results, etc. If you are the type of patient that wants to understand what is going on and have a doctor that communicates that to you kindly and professionally, then Dr. Ong is not for you. Questions make him angry.