Nephrologist (kidney), Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeon

8551 W Lake Mead Blvd
Ste 251
Las Vegas, NV 89128
702-796-7979
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Kudzu.
 |  Knee Replacement baby  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2013

I have had bi-lateral knee problems since a teenager, Ran and worked out at a gym constantly. After numerous Knee surgeries' (5) , throughout the years(40 years) it was finally time to get a replacement. From severe pain when I moved my right leg, I am now able to walk painfree. This is due to Dr. Ong! He did not push me to have a replacement. He did not try to persuade me to have surgery. He let me decide on when I was ready. He remained available to me during tis time, never being rude or dismissive. I choose the surgery after 6months. One and half years later I am pain free. It's hard work recovering. Therapy is horrible. But that is not Dr. Ong's fault. He was encouraging when I thought I was failing. God Bless this man.

|  I can't even call him a doctor. What a f**ken a**hole  |  show details
by Steve on Feb 7th, 2013

So i went into his office for pain in my wrist, which i have been having problems with for FOUR YEARS. I havn't been able to be treated in that time frame because of financial situations, but anyways.. I go in to get my wrist treated, and i specifically told them it's not a bone issue, i need an mri, but they x-ray it, nothing wrong. The x-ray was just to rob me. ( I already KNEW for a fact it wasn't a bone issue to begin with cause i'm currently studying in physical therapy- i knew it was a tendon or ligament issue. I KNEW That. I ONLY went in to get it diagnosed and treated; surgury). So ong came in to "diagnose" the problem, in which he did tests to see the stability of it. I specifically told him what positioning of my wrist causes extreme pain, but guess what? He COMPLETELY ignored my remark! He was doing this very simple test, of which i've done to myself cause like i said i have a fair amount of education with evaluating, treating, diagnosing injuries (ONLY licensed doctors can diagnose, thats why i came in). I told him how i initially injured it, etc. , I BASICALLY EVALUATED MY OWN INJURY TO HIM. And he told me, well quit what you're doing ( i'm a professional fighter ). At that point, i couldn't believe what he said. This is my career, and hobby yes, but THIS IS my profession. I can't say the same for him, cause he has no professional manner what so ever. His "diagnosis" lasted LITERALLY 2 minutes at most, and before i could even ask him ONE question, he just walked out. He didn't tell me to ice it, no cya later, NOTHING. Please avoid this office if you need help from an orthopedic. Very unprofessional doctor and staff.

|  NOT Helpful  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Ong was not helpful, he didn't even take time to listen to my questions or hear me out. It was a short visit and not enough time was spent diagnosing me. It was my first visit and he walked in my room with a nasty attitude. He has no manners whatsoever. I definitely did not expect that. Made me feel like I just came to him just because I had some free time on my hands but in actuality I was really in pain. He did not accept it when I told him I was in pain. He acted as if he knew how I was feeling. If he did so then why am I taking an MRI?. I am very disappointed. I just wanted to know what was going on with my body. I am definitely not coming back. I hope he will change his ways and be more kind and helpful to his patients.

|  great doc  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

very friendly did wonders with my right shoulder now getting ready to fix my left shoulder. i would highly recommend. if you want a caring professional doctor see dr ong

|  More interested on the money  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2012

Long wait for post operative visits, no charge for 3 months, suddenly a charge for a post op visit without any warning, $129 for a 2 minute visit. They charge for everything even filing disability forms.

|  Caveat Emptor  |  show details
May 6th, 2012

Today I received an invoice from Bernard Ongs office. I went to see him for a knee problem, which he treated with a shot of cortisone. I was in and out of the exam and treatment in less than 20 minutes, of which he spent about 4 minutes on a cell phone call he received during my exam. The total bill for this service was $537. The invoice contained three line items, only one of which I understood the office visit, which was $335. I assumed one of the other items was the cortisone shot, but was baffled by a third item. I called Bernard Ongs office trying to gain an understanding of the invoice. I was correct; one item was the cortisone, which was $30. The remaining $172 was a fee for administering the cortisone! I asked Julia, the billing clerk, why the administration of the shot was not included in the office visit fee and her response was, This is a completely appropriate fee and billing practice. I told her that this billing practice is greedy and that I have never had a physician charge me a fee for administering a shot. She went on to tell me that all orthopedic doctors structure their fees in this manner. I respectfully requested that this added fee be removed from my bill and the response from Julia was, Its not my fault that your deductible is so high. Imagine my shock. This conversation had nothing to do with my deductible let alone my insurance. As a patient, I was trying to understand an exorbitant fee that I dont believe is warranted. I told Julia that I wont pay this fee as I believe it to be greedy and her response was to inform me that they have a collection agency to handle such matters and then she hung up the phone on me. I asked several friends and family members if they have ever been charged additional fees for a doctor to administer a shot and of course not one person has ever heard of this. Its bad enough that the office visit fees are so high, which I knew about because I have been a patient of Bernard Ong, but to pillage patients like this is outrageous. If this is the direction of the medical community as Ms. Julia so unprofessionally informed me, I think patients at least deserve notice of the pillaging. Had I known, I would have gone back to my family doctor and asked him to administer the injection. This is pure and simply highway robbery, which I will question my insurance company about. I dont know why they agree to such expenses. They should demand that the 60-second injection time be included in the office visit fee. I also asked Ms. Julia if I could have a discount due to my exam interfering with Mr. Ongs telephone calls and I was curtly told, Only doctors have Dr. Ongs telephone number and its appropriate for him to answer his phone in the midst of an exam. Never again! Caveat emptor!

|  Very unprofessional  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2012

In the midst of my examination, Dr. Ong's cell phone rang, which he had in his pocket. He actually took the phone out of his pocket, looked at the screen on the phone and excused himself, saying he had to take the call! To say that I was shocked and insulted would be an understatement. About four minutes later, he came to complete my exam and treatment. I have never had a doctor do this and not only have a cell phone turned on, but to actually answer the phone on my time. Dr. Ong suggested that I might need surgery. I can tell you, if I do, he won't be the one to perform it. I shudder to think about his cell hone ringing in the operating room.

|  Great Doctor.  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Had a Total Knee Replacement on one leg and scoped on the other within a two month period. Scoped knee on a thursday and i felt good enough to return to work by Monday. I was able to return to work within 3 weeks part time after total knee replacement.(Office work)Check wounds himself and even did changed dressings himself. Personaly called to check on me at home after realese. He cares about his patients.

|  No Way!  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

If my body parts were broken in pieces and he was the last Orthopedic Doctor on the planet I would find someone else, a dentist or eye doctor even - anyone but him. He strikes me as in it for the money and glory but not patient welfare.

|  I wouldn`t trust him  |  show details
by Angie 005 at Citysearch on Jun 27th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I saw him on another website insider pages dot com where he pretended to be a patient raving about himself. It was total BS faking a knee injury and saying how he can play sports again thanks to Dr. Ong.How its obviously Dr. Ong making up a story to lie to the public is because he didn`t know his Facebook page as a Reviewer would attach - it`s the same photo he uses on his medical pages. CAUGHT ! FRAUD! What kind of doctor makes up pretend reviews about himself Not very good ones!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  I wouldn`t trust him  |  show details
by Angie 005 at Citysearch on Jun 27th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I saw him on another website insider pages dot com where he pretended to be a patient raving about himself. It was total BS faking a knee injury and saying how he can play sports again thanks to Dr. Ong. How its obviously Dr. Ong making up a story to lie to the public is because he didn`t know his Facebook page as a Reviewer would attach - it`s the same photo he uses on his medical pages. CAUGHT ! FRAUD! What kind of doctor makes up pretend reviews about himself Not very good ones!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Good ratings not accurate  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

The reason that there are high ratings for this doctor is because they all come from within his office. After you have had an experience with his bedside manner and intolerance for patients' questions, you'll see why he has to keep giving himself high ratings to bring his score up. Bedside manner and care for patients is terrible!

|  Questions Not Allowed  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

Dr. Ong does not like to be questioned. He simply wants you to follow what he says and withhold any questions you may have about your injury, treatment, test results, etc. If you are the type of patient that wants to understand what is going on and have a doctor that communicates that to you kindly and professionally, then Dr. Ong is not for you. Questions make him angry.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

Dr. Ong was quick to diagnose but he obviously hated being asked questions about treatment options. Not very forthcoming with information nor helpful.

|  show details
Jan 29th, 2011

my 1st visit, clean and comfortable office. Very professional, diagnosed problem and asked for follow up tests (MRI) for more accurate diagnoses. Will be seeing him again.

|  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

He listened to me and his treatment was outstanding.

|  Best Ever  |  show details
by carefree1945 on Aug 14th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I entered the wrong dr. in my previous review. Dr. Ong is a great dr. and his staff is very courteous. Sorry for the mixup. I do recommend Dr. Ong.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  The Best  |  show details
by honusgg on Feb 28th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Ong is the best. He replaced my ACL and repaired a torn meniscus. He's tough and wants the patient to get into therapy asap. He was genuinely interested in my progress.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com