Dr. Bernard Chang MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine New York, NY

February 6th, 2017
I had been bleeding when going to the bathroom for some time and I thought had a kidney stone. I was visiting new york out of town so went to the ER because it was getting worse. It was unfortunately worse than that. I was found to have a mass on my kidney.It was so hectic in the emergency room and I know he had many other patients, some yelling at him for attention, but Dr. Chang walked with me to a quiet area in the ER and told me the findings. He let me take it all in slowly and then talked about next steps. He then shook my hand and gave me a hug and wished me all the best and said he would be thinking of me and hoping for a speedy recovery. Thank you Dr Chang. I don't know how to reach you from the ER but I hope you read this. It meant the world to me. I'm in the midst of fighting this but thank you for correctly diagnosing me and getting me down the path I needed to go.

February 29th, 2016
This doctor was awesome. I have a history of throwing my shoulder out and it often takes general anesthesia to get it back in. I don't know what move he exactly did but he just seemed to pull on my arm and twist it to the outside and it went back in! No needle needed. He needs to make a YouTube video showing other doctors how to do this.

October 25th, 2015
I am a nurse manager and my mother who is over 80 became extremely ill and came to the ER at the Allen-Columbia Hospital. Dr. Chang saw her quickly and with his timely and detailed care saved her life. i live out of state and he took the time to call me and keep me updated even though i know how hectic it is in the emergency room. great doctor

June 6th, 2015
We were visiting out of town from California when my son began having bad abdominal pain so we brought him to the emegency room where it was something out of a horror movie with row upon row of patients all jammed together, it was horrifying. Dr Chang was our doctor and when he saw us he told us he was worried about my sons appendix. His initial hunch was correct after the testing but what we were so grateful was despite the place being so crazy and us having no nurse see us for so long, Dr Chang put in the Plastic IV in my sons arm, did all his bloodworm himself and even pushed him to the radiology department for his studies. I wish never to go back to an emergency room again but if I do I hope he is there. God bless you Dr Chang for your help.

May 28th, 2015
diagnosed me with the right condition after 3 other people missed it. thank you so much. so lucky to meet in the ER