Dr. Bernard Raxlen MD Patient Reviews

• Infectious Disease New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 11th, 2016
Thank goodness for Dr.Raxlen! In the early 90's I became very ill with a severe fatigue and many other medical problems. I visited my own personal physician as well as several other top infectious disease docs in the Norwalk/Stamford and New Haven areas of CT. ALL of them denied that I could have Lyme as my tests were equivocal or negative. No one pursued my illness. I lost my career and home and was turned away by my family who would not help me. Through my own searching I found Dr.Raxlen and HE INVESTIGATED MY COMPLAINTS...TESTED ME...AND I DID TEST POSITIVE FOR LYME AND OTHER TICK BORN INFECTIONS ! Through Dr.Raxlen's care and treatment and monitoring I gradually became well enough to continue with my life. Thank you Dr. Raxlen.

July 11th, 2015
He saved my son's life.

June 25th, 2014
Dr. Raxlen is very knowledgeable about Lyme and its co-infections, and if you have been infected with any of the above he is one of the best doctors around for treatment. The downside, as can be read in many of these reviews, is his office. They rarely return phone calls (actually, they rarely answer the phone so you'll most likely reach only the answering service or a recording). He's got to get it together and hire a better staff.

March 13th, 2014
Saved our lives!
My daughters and I were sick with flu like symptoms in the early 1990's...after Yale doctors, Boston Childrens Hospital and numerous doctors in CT, Mass. & New York were baffled we for 6 years continued to to grow worse. There were over thirty people in our neighborhood with the very same symptoms.!!! Finally 2 of the neighbors were diagnosed with Lyme Disease. I was amazed at the recovery of these 2 people and sought the same help they received. It was a very difficult time for me and my daughter who had lost their health, their activities, their childhood basically! Dr. Bernard Raxlen was nothing but kind, considerate and thorough. We were tested blood (WESTERN BLOT), urine(ANTIGEN) etc etc. LYME DISEASE ALL THE WAY! Before my 2 neighbors diagnosis never heard of this dreadful disease! It was a rough road and if not for Dr. Raxlen we would not venture to guess what fate had in store for us! I will always be grateful to this man. I am angered that many jealous doctors who dropped the ball had the nerve to scorn this man when what he did for us they now do! A combo of IV & Oral antibiotic, He prescribed plus nutrients, herbals and supports he recommended along with our Naturopath....Again We are grateful for this wonderful human being with the intelligence unlike any other! Thank you Dr. Raxlen!

March 4th, 2014
Terribly run office, no follow up
Honestly, Dr. Raxlen helped get me better and I like his personality. But he has no follow up, never tested liver or kidney after months of heavy meds, and his office is incredibly unreliable. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is the office. When you do have a problem, even if it is urgent, it can take days for the doctor to phone back. His office is run horribly, his staff does not care. Tests results are put in the wrong place, it can take weeks to get a refill sent, messages lost, and on. Good luck with an emergency - I had a bad reaction to my meds and I didn't get a call back for two days! I just went off of them and waited. The office made me feel as though I don't have support or backup. That's not good when you're on 3 antibiotics and a handful of other meds.

February 11th, 2014
Patient

August 16th, 2012
TERRIBLE DR. VERY RUDE AND DISTRACTED
He was distracted the whole time and told me that my lyme test was a false positive. I am now sick and in a wheelchair. He could have helped me but instead gave me antidepressants.

February 11th, 2012
Billiant & by far THE sharpest knife on the scalpel tray!!!
Dr. Raxlen is the most brilliant, caring and comprehensive doctor around. He has an amazing, cutting edge knowledge of medicine and takes the time to explain whatever is needed to better understand. He is very impressive working with other practitioners as well. My other practitioners that he worked with were relieved of some unknowns that were out of their area and actually were happy to have him on board for me. Dr. Raxlen and his staff have pulled me out of some intensely serious medical problems and I couldn't be more thankful. Even in the worst of my illness (touch and go with my life) he could make me smile and I knew I was in the best hands possible! Thank you God for this doctor.

September 3rd, 2011
Dr.Raxlen is second to none!
He is the smartest Doctor I have ever seen. He is patient, caring, attentive, open minded and has gotten every diagnosis right-the first time! You will never find a better doctor. Very very smart.Make an appointment-you will never regret it!

June 28th, 2011
Without Dr Raxlen and Carolyn Welcome, I don't think I'd be here today to write this. I got the typical response to Lyme disease in NH, if ELISA isn't positive you don't have Lyme (even though Western Blot was Positive) My hands were so swollen they looked like a catchers mitt and my doctor at the time said there were no physical symptoms, gave me prozac and sent me on my way. Dr Raxlen and Carolyn Welcome were dedicated to treating my complex case of Lyme Disease and after almost 12 months, I'm a different person, it was definitely a rough road to get here but well worth it. Dr Raxlen and staff are great at reminding me that I would get worse before I got better and helped me through the times when other medical providers disagreed with my diagnosis. Dr. Raxlen is extremely impressive with his knowledge of tick born diseases, has the ability to put people at ease while at the same time maintaining a professional demeanor. He truly is one of a kind and we need more doctors like him in the medical community!

June 9th, 2011
the worst dr i have ever seen
this dr is a charlatan. i saw him for chronic lyme for a year. he put me in thyroid storm through improper medication management, and he is stunningly ignorant when it comest to truly trating lyme. his office was shabbily run, he made you feel rushed and he is very harmful in his practice. i cannot emphasise emough how awful this man is. he sickened me-literally.

April 26th, 2011
One of a kind
I am so grateful to Dr. Raxlen. He saved my life. I was losing hope after being on and off oral antibiocs for over year. I became suicidal and wanted to die. I couldn't take it anymore. My vision was failing and I was having heart problems. I couldn't sleep, eat, walk and i was losing my mind. I met with two infectious desease drs before I found Dr. Raxlen. He has been my dr. for 7 months now. I am convinced I met him just in time. There isn't a doubt in my mind I wouldn't be here if he wasn't treating me. Caroline is just as wonderful. My husband and my children love Dr. Raxlen and Caroline just as much as I do. His office visits aren't cheap, but its a small price to pay to get your life back!! I continue to get better every day!!