Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesiologist (pain control), Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Best Pain Management Specialist in the SF Bay Area !!! show details Best Pain Management Specialist in the SF Bay Area !!!
Jun 2nd, 2015

Among other things, I have chronic pain due to major nerve damage and disease. I've been to many, many physicians who have determined that surgery and other treatments are of no use and that medication therapy is the only thing that can help reduce my pain. I've been to several "top" Pain Management specialists in Marin, S.F., and San Mateo counties and was ultimately fortunate enough to find Dr. Wilcosky. He's the most knowledgeable, talented, and caring partner-in-care I could have wished for. Someone wrote a Yelp review berating Dr. Wilcosky for giving him a morphine-based custom-compounded drug when this person was trying to quit his long-term use of OxyContin. This patient couldn't understand why the doctor would give him an opiate (i.e. morphine-based drug) under the circumstances, which indicates that he clearly doesn't understand that ceasing the long-term use of a medication such as OxyContin must be done with extreme care and over a long period of time; this is surely why the doctor prescribed the compounded medication as a starting point. The doctor referred the patient to a nearby compounding pharmacy, which very few pharmacies are (and certainly not the large ones), that does a lot of work for his patients. Because it was a small, independent pharmacy the patient calls it a "hole in the wall" in his review, when nothing could be further from the truth. Please disregard this person's criticisms of Dr. Wilcosky as they're clearly due to the fact that the doctor was trying to do exactly what the patient asked of him but that the patient was ignorant of the proper method that Dr. Wilcosky was using to do so.

Amazing Doctor who is compassionate and understands pain show details Amazing Doctor who is compassionate and understands pain
Jun 5th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Wilcosky's since 1998 off and on and he is amazing. He understands what a pain patient goes thru, is willing to try new techniques and doesn't make you think the pain is in your head. Most doctors stay away from patients with chronic pain thinking we are all drug seeking and that can't be further from the truth. I just want somewhat of a decent quality of life where I can be a wife, mother, and productive person of society and Dr. Wilcosky has helped me do that to the best of both of our abilities with this limited healthcare system that we have. Unfortunately, the drug companies and health care system isn't for people with chronic diseases and if you are independently wealthy, you can't afford the proper treatments and medication that could work better.

Left hip papain show details Left hip papain
May 8th, 2012

He is the best around and if you.read the story about the gentleman who walked into "Dr. Wilcosky's his wood paneled office and his arrogance obviously that patient has some type of mental issue, first his office hs no wood paneling in his office and his charges are definitely fair for the amount of time that he gives. my first visit was one hour and my referring physician received a 10 page letter that he dictated. That letter alone would have taken at least 30-45 minutes. every follow up visit I receive 30-45 minutes and he listens to all my pain problems

Scale of 1 to 10, he gets a 15 show details Scale of 1 to 10, he gets a 15
Apr 3rd, 2011

Dr. Wilcosky is the best. He has found the perfect way of talking to patients, not treating you like a 2 year old but also not talking over the patient's head.Fifteen years ago he diagnosed me during the first month of treatment of a disease that I've read frequently takes over a year to pin down. He has always been available to me for questions and emergency situations. Although a standard appointment needs to be made well in advance, the office has also made room for me on a moment's notice when it was urgent. He and his office staff have always been pleasant as well as efficient. I would recommend Dr. Wilcosky to one of my own sons. If you're a parent you understand that is the highest praise that can be given.

Jan 31st, 2011

Excellent physician after looking for someone to help me he has changed my life and I can exercise and work again

Dr Wilcosky is wonderful! show details Dr Wilcosky is wonderful!
Mar 14th, 2010

I have suffered from extreme migraines for28 years. I have been to many pain specialists. Dr. Wilcosky and his staff are so wonderful. He really listens to what you say and does not judge you. He is the first Doctor I have had full trust with.