Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Total Hip replacement, Anterior approach.  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

Last May, 2012, Doctor Bernardo gave me a new hip using anterior approach. I can't thank him enough as I'm very happy with my new hip. I was able to walk with a walker on the next day; I graduated to a cane 3 days after the operation. At that time I stopped taking pain medications and started to drive. A week after the operation I walked with no cane and went back to work. At the beginning, I was limping and I was sure that one leg was longer than the other but this was not the case as within 3 more weeks I started to walk 100% normal. Doctor Ferrari not only did a fantastic job, but also was good in taking his time to explain the procedure, his experience, and risk vs. success rate of this operation. He also has wonderful teams that helps him with administrations and follow up visits. El Camino Hospital is a 5 star accommodation with excellent and very supportive nurses and staff. I highly recommend Doctor Ferrari and the El Camino Hospital for such an operation. Finally, this operation was a very big deal for me. I was going back and forth for over 9 months before I decided to do it. Im very happy that I did it as it improved significantly the quality of my life. If you are in the same situation and believe that talking with me will help you in making the decision, than feel free to contact me, David Avny, via LinkedIn.

|  Very positive experience  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

Overall a very positive and excellent experience. I had brought in my mom (Age 72) for her knee replacement surgery and we visited/consulted few doctors. Mom was very comfortable and liked Dr Ferrari. He was very helpful in explaining the details about the condition, the options available (very limited other than surgery due to my mom's advance arthritis in knee). Dr Ferrari spent quality time and answered all our questions which along with other research equipped us with information to make the decision for surgery.Dr Ferrari outlined the risks of total knee replacement surgery and also answered our questions on how many knee replacement surgery the hospital does and how many he does and the success rate and the type of procedures for knee replacement and the type/brand of prosthetics used. He was honest to disclose that he was on board or consultant to the prosthetic company. We did research on the company and found great reviews on their products. In all, Dr Ferrari responded to all our questions and made us aware of the benefits, side affects, time for recovery, etc. We went through the class to understand further on what the surgery would entail and finally went for the surgery after my mom had done the autologous blood donation which Dr Ferrari had recommend. The surgery started 1-1.5 hr late due to longer time in the previous surgery. My mom's surgery took about 3.5 hours and Dr Ferrari came out and explained that everything went well and as planned. Mom was in the recovery for another 2.5 hours before being brought to her room. It took her a while before she could wake up from the aneshesia and other pain drugs. The Hospital staff at El Camino was exceptional and every shift and every staff treated us like part of family with genuine care and sincerity that is so rare and it made the recovery such a positive experience. Overall very happy with the doctor in his prompt response, treatment, spending quality time, showing and taking interest in my mom and listening to her and treating her with respect.

|  Hip Replacement  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

I have had two hip replacements with Dr. Ferrari. They were two years apart. They both went amazingly well - absolutely no problems. He uses the Anterior approach which reduces the recovery time significantly. I was walking on my own in a few days and driving in 10 days. I would recommend him to everyone!

|  Bedside Manner Zero  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

As I have mentioned above Bedside Manner is Zero, he was treating me like an animal. I had sprained my joint, was difficult to walk even for few mins. He is soooo rude and rough...This is my first review I am writing on any doctor.

|  EXCELLENT SURGEON  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

He doesn't try to push surgery on you. He tries all alternatives and as a last resort will suggest surgery. His assistant Nick is very knowledgable and probably one you would get to know also. They make a great team. They have the most updated techniques that get you back on your feet quicker. I reccommend him for your hip replacement.

|  Superb Surgeon  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2010

His skills as a surgeon along with the help of computer guided technology, you can't ask for anything more. Make sure you donate your own blood and give therapy your all and you will have a quick recovery. Go to Ferrari for less invasive surgery. His assistant is very wonderful the the two make a great team.

Aug 26th, 2010

Best ortho surgeon in the bay area. Fast recovery times.

Aug 2nd, 2010

- very long wait for scheduled appointment (30-40 minutes)- see interns instead of the doctor himself- 4 months wait to schedule an appointment- staff does not return calls on time- no follow up - you are left on your own after the surgery

|  Superb Orthopedic Surgeon  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2010

This doctor knows his stuff. Not as good at bedside manner but his P.A. makes up for that. Nick Perrotto is just a doll. They make a wonderful team. Dr. Ferrari is a very skilled surgeon and you may go to him with confidence of getting the best. He should be more available than 2 days a week for clinic patients.

Jun 4th, 2010

Dr. Ferrari replaced my hip in 2005 and my knee in 2006. I was hiking 3 weeks after the hip replacement and 5 after the knee.

Aug 14th, 2009

The best surgeon I have ever experienced. His techniques allowed a faster recovery than most people experience. This surgeon was recommended to me from another surgeon in Georgia who told me Dr. Ferrari is one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the Bay Area.