Dr. Bernardo Olaya MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

June 4th, 2013
friendly staff, great doctor
It's a daunting task finding a new gyno in a new city, especially if your last one was amazing and you've only seen female gyno before. However, I really lucked out with dr.Olaya in Wichita Falls. Dr. Olaya and his friendly staff run a great practice and my experience couldn't have been better. He's a friendly doc that will listen to your concerns and takes his time with you! He will go above and beyond to address anything you bring up with him and, trust me, not all doctors would do that! :-) Now, his staff.. they are very accommodating and will do their best to make you feel comfortable every step of your visit. Since my last visit, I have moved and really miss everyone at dr. olaya's office! They are the best!

July 10th, 2012
Smart Doctor With a Great Staff
Dr. Olaya has delivered two of my children and will be delivering my third in November. He had been very honest about me gaining weight during my pregnancies. My son was a HUGE newborn. He weighed over ten pounds. He has also shook my hand every single time I have seen him. I have read the other comments about his concern over weight gain, but I believe it's o because he cares enough to be honest. I went to the Women's Clinic at the beginning of my second pregnancy and immediately switched back to Dr. Olaya. Unlike the doctors at this clinic and others I've been to in the past, he maintains a clear and accurate medical history and remembers your name. I have come to appreciate and understand his honesty and couldn't ask for a better doctor.

February 14th, 2012
Will Always Be Thankful
Dr. Olaya was my OB 16 yr's ago. He was always professional while making you feel comfortable. He delivered my 5 wk premature daughter, making sure the neo natal team and peditrcian were in the room ready to care for her. 6 wks later my pap smear came back with abnormal cells, (stage 2 cervical cancer)Dr. Olaya wasted no time setting up my biopsy and removing the cancer. And then 2 mo. later I was pregnant again, and he had to delivery my now 15 yr old daughter by emergency C-section, she went into fetal distress, he and the hospital staff wasted no time, it still seems like everything happened with a 45 min period, from the time I heard she was in distress to I was in recovery and She was in the Nursery doing Wonderfully! Ladies if you are needing a Doctor I urge you to see this one, wether it is for pregnancy or other female issue's, I personaly consider him the best!!

September 21st, 2011
Wonderful!
We had just moved to town and I was already 33 weeks pregnant. He was the only one that was able to see me in the next week. We had a great experience and since I had to have a c-section I must say he did an awesome job on it. I would recommend him to anyone:)

August 22nd, 2011
GREAT DOCTOR AND WONDERFUL STAFF!!
I am sure everyone has had an uncomfortable experience with a physician at one time or another, and as a nurse I know doctors can be difficult to deal with. This is only because they care about their patients. Dr. Olaya is passionate about the care his patients receive. He is direct in his approach and that is what I respect about him! We don't need doctors tip-toeing around not wanting to hurt our feelings, we need them to be honest and upfront about our diagnosis and care. Dr. Olaya is best OB/GYN in this town. His staff is always friendly and helpful! I would recommend him to any of my family and friends!

August 4th, 2011
WONDERFUL!

April 24th, 2011
Very Experienced - Very Professional - Great Doctor!
I read the comments above and felt compelled to share my experience regarding Dr. Olaya. The first comment complained because he informed her she was over weight which put her in a high risk for complications. Guess that's the type of world we are living in now a days. It's the physicians obligation to give a straight forward unbiased medical opinion to their patients and this I know I'll always get from Dr. Olaya. I've been seeing him for over two decades and he's delivered my two children. There were several times when potential complications arose and he provided our family with a sense of calm with his experience. It gives me comfort knowing he takes his profession seriously and I've always felt comfort in that. It seems like every physician is now a part of some huge hospital system or clinic and I find it very refreshing Dr. Olaya has managed to maintain a solo practice. This fact alone speaks volume for his high level of care. Highly recommended!