A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bernd Barthel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bernd Barthel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bernd Barthel, MBBS, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Organ Transplantation
- Stem Cell Transplant
Education & Awards
Dr. Barthel graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Barthel has 7 hospital affiliations:
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barthel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 21 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Bernd G. Barthel practice?
Dr. Bernd Barthel practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: West Bloomfield, MI and Novi, MI.
See Detroit Internists, Detroit Hematologists, and Detroit Oncologists.