Dr. B Herron MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 7 reviews

September 29th, 2015
A wonderful Doctor and a very kind human being

April 4th, 2015
Great Doctor
Wonderful, one of a kind psychiatrist and psychotherapist. I have seen him for many years and can attest that he is knowledgeable, kind, empathetic and caring.

May 3rd, 2014
Excellent in all respects
I am so happy to have found Dr. Herron. I went to him seeking medication for what I'd thought was a physical problem after all tests had found nothing wrong. He was reluctant to prescribe anything as he didn't yet know anything about me. I found this cautious approach to be both appropriate and reassuring. I am starting to feel better, having started on a low dose of medication. Dr. Herron is very kind and has a great deal of insight. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

March 21st, 2014
Great Psychiatrist
Hello, Dr. Herron is patient and understanding. He will take the time to listen to you . More importantly, he always offers you the best advice and treatments.

July 31st, 2013
He's about 30 years past his prime.
I went to see Dr. Herron due to symptoms of depression and anxiety. I was surprised when I walked in to greet a man who seemed to be in his mid 80's , who was hard of hearing and had a very soft voice. During our initial meeting he asked me a lot about my background, mostly general questions about my life and why I was there to see him. Throughout which he took notes, but did not give a response to. After I had finished each question he sat there quietly, as if he expected me to lead the conversation. Shortly after he decided that a heavy dose of an anti depressant would solve my issues. Flash forward 2 weeks and I see him again, now while we had an hour scheduled, each meeting with him after the initial never went over 15 minutes. Each time I saw him (about 6 total) he asked how I was feeling, if my mood had changed and decided it was time to up the dose. At no point did he ask about sideeffects from the medication until I asked him about them, nor did he ask about how I was doing aside from feeling the affects of the medicine. I would not recommend Dr. Herron to friends or family unless you want a doctor who seems to be years behind the average doctor of today, and someone who will write prescriptions to fix a problem without first diagnosing it.

March 31st, 2013
kind, patient, helpful. very positive experience with this dr.

June 29th, 2008
excellent
There isn't more decent and responsive psychiatrist around.