Dr. Bert Mandelbaum, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  great doc, books every 10 minutes  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

So, if you want to be his patient, expect to wait from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

|  Top Notch Doc!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

In 2004 I tore my ACL in half during training to become a firefighter. Dr Mandelbaum came highly recommended and was able to see me on short notice. He spent time with me and told me my options but recommended replacing my ACL with a cadaver ligament. I had the operation approx one month after the accident, and after AGGRESSIVE physical therapy I was back at the fire academy just three and a half months after the surgery! My knee has held up extremely well and it is thanks to Dr Mandelbaum. Thank you Dr Mandelbaum; it is because of you I am a firefighter and can do the things I love (ski, run, and compete in triathlons). Only con is the time spent in the waiting room; but it was WAY worth it!

|  Mr. Orthovisc and surgery  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

If you have heard great things about Dr. Mandelbaum and in awe of seeing him, here is something you need to know. He recommends needless surgery at the drop of a hat. Thats what drives up his revenue. Never let him cut you up until you have a second opinion. The other thing he will stick you with is OrthoVisc injections. Even if you have a headache he will prescribe orthovisc. His clinic is driven by greed to maximize revenue and does not care about your well being. I found out after a year that he performed the wrong, needless procedure on my knee. and the underlying problem still persists. So be careful before you let him cut you up. Always ask for a second opinion and don't be in awe!

|  Dr. Mandelbaum/ACL Surgery  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

I had to go through a series of appointments before I could meet my surgeon, who was Dr. Bert Mandelbaum. I saw him at my pre-op appt. He was friendly, but the visit was quick. He did answer my questions. The surgery went well, and he did a great job. I never got to see him after that, though. I would have liked to thank him but I think that because of his popularity and expertise, demands on his time prevent him from being able to have closer contact with his patients. Overall, I am glad he was the one who did my surgery. I will be sending him a thank you note. Dr. Berry saw me for the post surgery visits, and he was gentle and caring.

|  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Dr Mamdelbaum did my knee surgery in 2009. I'm already having trouble with it. I called to make an appointment for him to look at it and the soonest is 3 weeks from now and a warning that it is STANDARD for the patient to wait 2 hours. I asked why and his receptionist said "because he's a well known doctor". Give me a break! There are many doctors out there who are wonderful surgeons that haven't become this arrogant. I guess us little people are expected to take that much time out of our work day to wait for the wizard to come from behind the curtain.Needless to say, I will be using another doctor. You lost my business Dr M and hopefully this review will stop other people from coming there too!

|  show details