Dr. Bert Mandelbaum, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Music Entrepreneur show details Music Entrepreneur
by Daniel Indart on Jul 26th, 2016

Top orthopedic doctor in the world. Top professional medical team.

Great meniscus experience show details Great meniscus experience
by Gary Schechner on Jul 25th, 2016

Dr Mandelbaum and his team were exceptional from start to finish. I can't say enough good things about my overall experience.

UCLA Student show details UCLA Student
by Chloe S on Jun 20th, 2016

I would 150% recommend Dr. Mandelbaum to anyone with knee problems. He is a kind and personable man with only the best intentions for his patients. He listens to your goals and expectations and sets a very reasonable timeline for you to get back to normal. Making appointments was extremely easy and their office staff is very friendly. So happy Dr. M did my ACL reconstruction. My results thus far have been way better than expected.

Knee Surgery - Medial Meniscus Tear show details Knee Surgery - Medial Meniscus Tear
by Scott Johnson on Jun 15th, 2016

I received an excellent quality of care. Dr. Mandlebaum lives up to his well-deserved reputation. He commands complete confidence and delivers on it. Stephanie, the point person for check-ins and questions, responds promptly, clearly, and helpfully. She also commands confidence and earns that respect. The same goes for the other staff and fellows in his office that I interacted with. Everyone was pleasant, helpful, and very competent. I have already recommended Dr. Mandelbaum and his staff to several people I know with injuries similar to mine.

Jun 15th, 2016

Everything went perfectly.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by JR C. on Jun 8th, 2016

I loved the approach and ease with which Dr. Mandelbaum went about my procedure, it really calmed me and let me know that I was in good hands. Highly recommended.

Outstanding Orthopedic Suregeon show details Outstanding Orthopedic Suregeon
by John WIsialowski on Jun 8th, 2016

Dr. Bert Mandelbaum is outstanding. He is professional, knowledgeable, friendly and informative. I had to have articular reformation surgery along with the repair of two tears in my meniscus. From first appointment to surgery was two weeks. Dr. Mandelbaum and his staff were great. They kept me informed throughout the entire process and answered all of my questions. The surgery went off without a hitch and my recovery is progressing as planned. Nothing but a positive experience. Dr. Mandelbaum is a real pro!

Acl reconstruction show details Acl reconstruction
by Alisa Eichelberger on Jun 1st, 2016

Dr.Mandelbaum and his whole team went far and beyond my expectations. Not only in the quality of surgery and most up to date technology used, but in the incredibly positive manner in which the whole process was reached. I would highly recommend him for knee care and surgery!

Great Orthopedic Surgeon show details Great Orthopedic Surgeon
by John Wiz on May 31st, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Mandelbaum by my PCP. Within 2 1/2 weeks had my first appointment, MRI & surgery. Dr. Mandelbaum was professional, informative and friendly. He explained my issues and answered all of my questions. At my post op appt he explained the surgery and covered all of my upcoming rehab requirement. The entire experience was excellent.

Arthroscopic knee surgery show details Arthroscopic knee surgery
by Steve S. on May 23rd, 2016

Everything went so smoothly. I have had no pain from the surgery, even without any painkillers. The follow up system on HealthLoop was amazing. Thank you Dr. Mandelbaum.

Knee surgery show details Knee surgery
by Janet P on May 23rd, 2016

Dr Mandelbaum and his staff have been great. The office visits, surgery and follow up have been top notch. Best of all my knee is getting better and I didn't have any pain!

Best in the business.. show details Best in the business..
by AmyK on May 16th, 2016

This is my second ACL/Meniscus surgery. I wouldn't use any other doctor, but Mandelbaum. I had much greater confidence in this process knowing that he was my surgeon. His office and staff are fantastic. They have the process down and make sure you are informed every step of the way. Any long wait times for an appointment or in the waiting area is all well worth it.

Dr. Mandelbaum show details Dr. Mandelbaum
May 16th, 2016

I have had two major surgeries with Dr. Mandelbaum and I have been very pleased both times. He and his staff are fantastic and the outcomes have been great both times.

Great surgeon and staff show details Great surgeon and staff
May 11th, 2016

Dr. Mandelbaum and his staff are wonderful. They are easy to get in touch with, are prompt with their appointments, take the time to answer questions, and are friendly and helpful. All are very skilled at what they do and make going through the surgery process as easy as it can be.

PATIENT show details PATIENT
May 9th, 2016

GREAT DOCTOR, no nonsense, I liked that he made me work out prior to surgery to be stronger on the recovery side. I have one complaint with one of the staff members. All the other PA & Assistants were exceptional, polite, kind, caring.This staff member was exceptionally rude, uninformed and seemed to continually be rude on phone calls after my first encounter with him.

World Class show details World Class
by Mark Mitchell Holden on Mar 29th, 2016

Dr. Mandelbaum a wonderful doctor, world renowned, yet he has some of the best bed side manner I have ever experienced. He is in high demand and extremely busy, yet he took time with me and treated me with kindness and respect. His staff is extremely attentive. Stephanie was excellent.

Stuntman show details Stuntman
by William Leong on Mar 23rd, 2016

There are many things I appreciated from dr. Mandelbaum's office. Going into a situation such as this, I'm naturally nervous and scared, everyone from his office had the best manners and calmed me down. Although not everyone of my visits was able to see the Dr himself, but was definitely able to see his assistants.

Mar 15th, 2016

I had a double knee surgery with Dr. Mandelbaum and had a great experience! Would highly recommend!

ACL show details ACL
by N. R on Feb 24th, 2016

I saw 2 other doctors before Maneelbaum and I'm so glad I chose him. Very nice and extremely thorough. I did not get any of this treatment with the others and the other doctors are very reputable.

Patient of many years show details Patient of many years
by Susanne Kahle Keene on Feb 3rd, 2016

It was explained that my surgery would be fairly easy, and it really was true! I'm healing quickly and have followed all the advice of nurses and doctor. So happy with results.

Excellent and efficient show details Excellent and efficient
by Rebecca on Feb 1st, 2016

Very efficient office; never had to wait more than a few minutes at most. Attentive and knowledgeable staff. Highly recommend.

by Nancy Abell on Jan 18th, 2016

Dr. Mandelbaum and his team are wonderful. Great surgeon and exceptionally responsive and helpful team. I also recommend the ice machine you can buy on amazon.com.

Patient show details Patient
by Korosh Levian on Jan 8th, 2016

Dr. Mandelbaum and his staff are experts in the reconstruction and mending of my knee. Any questions and concerns that I had regarding the procedure and pain were quickly responded to with intelligible responses. Thank you.

by Eric T on Dec 30th, 2015

Dr. Mandelbaum and his staff were very professional and very personable from the very first appointment up to the post operative appointments. I would most definitely refer him to anyone who has had the same injuries.

Excellent care show details Excellent care
by Greg P. on Dec 28th, 2015

Just had my 2nd arthroscopy with Dr. Mandelbaum. Left knee done almost 7 years ago still feels like new. Right knee just done is healing faster than expected. Very pleased with both procedures and the care and concern I received from Dr. Mandelbaum, his staff, and the surgical center nurses.

Dec 23rd, 2015

The best experience,.

Best Orthopedist in LA show details Best Orthopedist in LA
by Adriana S. Nichols on Dec 23rd, 2015

Dr. Bert Mandelbaum is a national treasure. His unparalleled skill, which makes him the go to doctor of athletes, and his quest to give each patient the very best of care makes him beyond special. I tore my ACL, in my right knee 9 years ago, and was able to return to a rigorous performing schedule within 8 months. I tore the other side six weeks ago and have had the same outstanding care. His team is also outstanding offering the best of care, availability for questions, and a genuine upbeat positive attitude. I have recommended 3 friends and family members to Dr. Mandelbaum and they are all thrilled with the success of their surgeries and their experience at SMO. I could not be more grateful for all Dr. M has done to help me continue to be the active person I am and live a life free from physical restrictions.

Confidence show details Confidence
by Lucie Harris on Dec 5th, 2015

Sending your child to the operating room is very scary, but Dr Mandelbaum was so confident and reassuring, Everything went so smoothly. Dr Mandelbaum and his staff were so professional and kind.

Best experience from someone with experience show details Best experience from someone with experience
by Joe K. on Dec 3rd, 2015

I've had multiple knee surgeries, back surgery and other sports injuries. Basically, I'm being held together with duct tape and chewing gum, but only one surgeon, of the many whom I've worked with, actually met me on Saturday to go over a plan for surgery. Dr. Mandelbaum was there for me when I needed him, and really made me feel like my case was a serious as any professional trying to get back on the court. I'm a teacher, and being in the classroom and coaching is very important to me. Dr. M got me back doing my job quickly and efficiently. For that, I thank him and recommend anyone who is in need to go see the best Doctor I've ever had, and I've met too many of them.

Dec 2nd, 2015

Dr. Mandelbaum seems so confident and experienced that I felt secure that I was getting the very best care. He is efficient, but takes time to explain and answer questions and I like the security of having the daily emails, in case a question comes up. I'm very pleased that I chose Dr. Mandelbaum and his team.

R knee show details R knee
by Scott h. on Nov 16th, 2015

Dr. Mandelbaum gave me the confidence that he would do a good job fixing my knee in the way he talked to me while we reviewed my MRI.I also liked that he had worked on a lot of soccer players.I highly recommend him.

Nov 7th, 2015

MMA Trainer and Coach show details MMA Trainer and Coach
by C Wm Palmer on Nov 4th, 2015

Dr. Bert is "the Rembrant of knees". You cannot find a better orthopedist. He performed the same procedure on my other knee eight years ago. The only drawback is that Dr. Bert is so busy, and with the addition of Cedars Sinai in the loop, all the authorizations took a much longer time than previously. But that is a small price to pay to regain my abilities to walk without pain, run up and down stairs, and continue with my life like nothing ever went wrong with my knees.

Recommend show details Recommend
by Dave S. on Oct 22nd, 2015

Very pleased with Dr. Mandelbaum and staff. A doctor of his caliber could get away with poor bedside manner, long waits, etc. But he doesn't.

The Best in the Business show details The Best in the Business
by Beth Carmichael on Oct 19th, 2015

This is my daughters 2nd ACL surgery in 2-1/2 years. We chose Dr. Mandelbaum because he's the best!! When it comes to the body you go to the best. Karisma came back stronger than ever and she will continue to do the same its this one as well. Thank you Dr. Mandelbaum! You truly are the best.

Very good experience with Dr. Mandelbaum show details Very good experience with Dr. Mandelbaum
by Sylvia on Oct 12th, 2015

I had an ACL graft revision with Dr. Mandelba in two weeks ago. So far, everything has gone very well. Dr. Mandelbaum emphasizes patient education, and communicates daily. Always know what to expect. His protocol has worked very well for me this far.

by Julia L. Arujo on Oct 7th, 2015

understood that i need to get back to the same level of training pre-injury

patient show details patient
by Chris Lara on Oct 5th, 2015

I would recommend Dr Mandelbaum highly to all my friends and relatives. He is an expert and gets to the root of the issue with efficiency and patience.

Acl reconstruction show details Acl reconstruction
by Lindsey otousa on Sep 16th, 2015

Most memorable was how nice and comforting Dr. Mandelbaum was. I would choose to go to him for surgery 100 times over. I'm really happy I went to him.

by Libby D on Sep 15th, 2015

What an easy & pleasant experience.... words I never thought I would use when describing surgery! The staff was friendly & thorough. The procedure went flawlessly. He specializes in Knees - so why go anywhere else? The recovery process is much easier when you have a PRO like Dr. Mandlebaum . Couldn't be more pleased with the results & the entire experience. Not that I would recommend surgery to anyone - but if you need it I certainly recommend Dr. Mandelbaum if you want it done right the first time and be back in your game.

Sep 13th, 2015

Great doctor. excellent service

Too Busy to Care show details Too Busy to Care
Oct 18th, 2012

Was referred by another patient. Told I could not see the doctor until I had an MRI of my knee and completed a lengthly questionnaire. Did both and scheduled an appointment with the doctor. Waited over an hour and was seen by one of his chief residents who told me my knee was perfect and I could run again. Pain never subsided. Six months later I consulted with a new physician who asked why, based on my symptoms, there had been no MRI of my hip. The MRI showed I need a hip replacement. Dr. Mandelbaum's staff also lied to me as there were people waiting to see him filling out the questionnaire. If the MRI of the knee had shown I needed surgery, I believe I would have seen Mandelbaum, not a resident.

great doc, books every 10 minutes show details great doc, books every 10 minutes
Feb 6th, 2012

So, if you want to be his patient, expect to wait from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Top Notch Doc! show details Top Notch Doc!
Nov 15th, 2011

In 2004 I tore my ACL in half during training to become a firefighter. Dr Mandelbaum came highly recommended and was able to see me on short notice. He spent time with me and told me my options but recommended replacing my ACL with a cadaver ligament. I had the operation approx one month after the accident, and after AGGRESSIVE physical therapy I was back at the fire academy just three and a half months after the surgery! My knee has held up extremely well and it is thanks to Dr Mandelbaum. Thank you Dr Mandelbaum; it is because of you I am a firefighter and can do the things I love (ski, run, and compete in triathlons). Only con is the time spent in the waiting room; but it was WAY worth it!

Mr. Orthovisc and surgery show details Mr. Orthovisc and surgery
Jul 13th, 2011

If you have heard great things about Dr. Mandelbaum and in awe of seeing him, here is something you need to know. He recommends needless surgery at the drop of a hat. Thats what drives up his revenue. Never let him cut you up until you have a second opinion. The other thing he will stick you with is OrthoVisc injections. Even if you have a headache he will prescribe orthovisc. His clinic is driven by greed to maximize revenue and does not care about your well being. I found out after a year that he performed the wrong, needless procedure on my knee. and the underlying problem still persists. So be careful before you let him cut you up. Always ask for a second opinion and don't be in awe!

Dr. Mandelbaum/ACL Surgery show details Dr. Mandelbaum/ACL Surgery
Jan 19th, 2011

I had to go through a series of appointments before I could meet my surgeon, who was Dr. Bert Mandelbaum. I saw him at my pre-op appt. He was friendly, but the visit was quick. He did answer my questions. The surgery went well, and he did a great job. I never got to see him after that, though. I would have liked to thank him but I think that because of his popularity and expertise, demands on his time prevent him from being able to have closer contact with his patients. Overall, I am glad he was the one who did my surgery. I will be sending him a thank you note. Dr. Berry saw me for the post surgery visits, and he was gentle and caring.

Jan 4th, 2011

Dr Mamdelbaum did my knee surgery in 2009. I'm already having trouble with it. I called to make an appointment for him to look at it and the soonest is 3 weeks from now and a warning that it is STANDARD for the patient to wait 2 hours. I asked why and his receptionist said "because he's a well known doctor". Give me a break! There are many doctors out there who are wonderful surgeons that haven't become this arrogant. I guess us little people are expected to take that much time out of our work day to wait for the wizard to come from behind the curtain.Needless to say, I will be using another doctor. You lost my business Dr M and hopefully this review will stop other people from coming there too!

Dec 27th, 2008