Dr. P Bertil Smith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. P Bertil Smith?

October 18th, 2012

Superb Doctor

I am a surgeon myself. I am extremely picky and ocd about my medical care. This surgeon far surpassed all my expectations in bedside manner, medical knowledge, and surgical skill. I recommend him without any reservation.

September 19th, 2012

The best

I had foot surgery about year and half ago. It was kind of complicated operation. Dr Smith was my surgeon and he was great. Beside going to his office for follow up, he gave me his email and any question that I had was responded less than 2minutes. The result of my foot surgery was very good. My experience with him was great, not only he was a knowledgable physician, he was a great human being and I am so happy that he was my doctor. Thank you.

September 8th, 2011

Definitely NOT impressed!

Here's a physician with loads of top training whose written articles on a subject he is supposed to rank very high in... Treatment and surgery of the ankle.HOWEVER, without a doubt this was the worst experience I have encountered with an Ortho specialist. He was dismissive to the point of my repeatedly re-injuring an already severely injured ankle. Repeatedly sending me to PT because he wanted to be "conservative" as he put it. After injuring the ankle further (while in a soft brace he said would be fine for ankle stability) AND, now doing severe damage to the knee on the opposite side he announced he was leaving his current position (at UCSD) for another area hospital...leaving ALL his patients who were already scheduled for surgery with cancelled dates for their surgeries. He did, however, manage to hand some patients the names of other physicians that he felt could continue their "care". As for me... I called one of those named physicians and he was absolutely a thousand times better in treating my ankle injury than Dr(?) Smith. This doctor was amazed that I was standing on my ankle, let alone, had been walking on it for three months under Dr Smiths "care". I was told, by the replacement Ortho doc that he'd never seen an ankle as bad as mine. I am 3 months out of reconstructive surgery on the ankle and into PT. The new Ortho doc's name?... That would be Dr Franz Kopp. If you want the best I HIGHLY recommend him. DO NOT waste your toE with Dr Smith. Oh, because of Dr Smith's lack of getting the ankle stabilized when he should have, I'm now having to undergo lengthy treatment on the badly knee injured in a fall (when I twisted my ankle a 4th time) while waiting for the ankle to be surgically stabilized. Just want to say... "Thank you" Dr Smith for failing to help me quickly so I, now, have to deal with my screwed up knee. -Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

August 7th, 2016