Neurologists

371 E Brown St
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
570-424-1864
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
Jan 15th, 2014

Great Doc.

Dec 4th, 2013

Great Doc, that is all I have to say. Something seems fishy about the last comments.

|  Poor Judgement....  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2013

I had made an appointment to see Dr Cohen. After asking around in the medical community I received many negative responses. I was told Dr Cohen herself is not a well woman, she often looks as if she is high on something. Former employess can attest to unethical practices, the office is run very unprofessionally, difficulty getting refills, and the dropping of patients who for any reason, could not keep their appointments. The fact that her husand is a registered sex offender made me question her sense of judgement. Needless to say, I cancelled my appointment and now seeing Dr. Chhabbria. Wonderful doctor. Him....I would definetly recommend.

|  Exceptional Physician  |  show details
by Stephen Carullo on Nov 6th, 2013

Dr Cohen Is an exceptional physician. In my opinion with expertise that is superior to most physicians in her field. She specifically always prepared herself to explained and ensure that she had the up-to-date information to properly diagnose my condition. Dr. Cohen thoroughly investigated my health conditions prior to providing any recommendation for me to make real life decisions with my health condition. Her support and guidance in an array of multiple medical disciplines ensures me that not only can she stay within her chosen field but has the ability to use transferrable skill sets to combine and link possible conditions that may have an impact my condition. Dr. Cohen goes the extra mile where many physicians just treat you by the book she makes a real effort to provide care in a professional matter but on a personal level. I would recommend her to anyone. I have seen some negative reviews from other people on this site and did not have the same experience which they have had with Dr. Cohen. I do realize some other patients had scheduling issues where Dr. Cohen had some staffing issues which possibly could have affected her overall rating. However, I believe most of those concerns have been addressed today. Her performance and ability as a physician would outweigh any minor concern that Dr. Cohen professional expertise is flawed. In fact, you missed a real opportunity to be treated by a physician that could have helped you in your goal to maintain your health.

|  Pleasant experience  |  show details
by WD on Jul 22nd, 2013

The wait for appointment was a little long but worth the wait, staff was pleasant, mature staff not kids which I liked. Her nurse was very through with her questions made me feel at ease. Dr Cohen is very a nice and extremely caring doctors someone who actually listens and seem to care. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen.

|  my visit to dr. cohen  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2013

I recently had my sixth office visit with dr. cohen. As always when I checked in at the front desk I was greeted warmly and made to feel comfortable right away. Also I am usually very nervous when I visit a doctor but there it was not like that at all. I saw dr cohen within ten minutes. Again, the way I was spoken to by dr. cohen made me feel very relaxed so I was able to tell her how I had been feeling. She did a very through exam. Then spent 15 to 20 minutes explaining how she planned to treat my condition. She then asked me if I had any questions and spent alot of time answering them, When I left I felt that she really understood what was wrong with me and what steps I had to take next in order to get well. Her plan included physical therapy and pool therapy. I would recomend dr. cohen and already have recomended dr. cohen to many of my family and friends.

|  DR.BETH A. COHEN  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2013

DR BETH A. COHEN HAS BEEN MY NEUROLOGIST FOR MANY YEARS. SHE HAS ALWAYS TAKEN HER TIME WITH ME AND WENT INTO LENGTHLY DETAIL WITH WHAT HER PLANS WERE AND HOW SHE WANTED TO PROCEED WITH THE TREATMENT. DR BETH COHEN IS VERY EASY TO TALK WITH AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY ATTENTIVE TO MY ISSUES. SHE IS A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CARING PHYSICIAN. IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS A CAPABLE DOCTOR SHE IS THE ONE TO SEEK OUT..YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW ATTENTIVE AND SENSITIVE AND A GREAT LISTNER SHE IS TO ALL OF YOUR CONCERNS...THE CARE YOU WILL GET FROM DR. BETH A, COHEN WILL BE THE HEALTH CARE YOU DESERVE, IT IS WHAT SETS HER APART FROM OTHER DOCTOR'S..I PERSONALLY RARELY ENCOUNTER THIS CARING TREATMENT FROM OTHER PHYSICIANS. DR. BETH COHEN'S STAFF IS ALSO VERY ATTENTIVE AND HELPFUL AND READY TO ASSIST YOU IN A PROFESSIONAL A ATMOSPHERE. HER STAFF IS ALWAYS READY TO HELP YOU AND TO MAKE SURE YOUR VISIT WITH DR. COHEN IS OF THE SAME HIGH STANDARD THAT DR. BETH COHEN DEMANDS...MY EXPIERENCES WITH DR. COHEN OVER THE YEARS HAS BEEN VERY POSITIVE. OUR COMMUNITY IS VERY FORTURNATE TO HAVE HER SERVE OUR HEALTH NEEDS IN SUCH A CARING AND EFFECTIVE WAY..AGAIN, IF YOU NEED A GREAT DOCTOR, DR BETH COHEN AND HER STAFF WILL ASSIST YOU IN THE MOST PROFESSIONAL AND CARING WAY.

by JM on May 14th, 2013

I believe Dr. Cohen is the most intelligent, professional, and caring doctor I have ever been to. I had seen her for years and not only felt confident in her abilities, I admire her as a professional and a person. With that said, I'm not sure what happened, but suddenly I had three appointments cancelled...in a row. Two of which I drover nearly an hour each way. Previous to that, I had THREE separate appointments that, when I arrived, I was advised that "I was there on the wrong day." I showed the appointment card to the receptionist, showing the date, in her own writing, and all she said was "My bad... I guess." I called the office for almost two months with no return phone calls. I couldn't even get med refills. I understand that things happen in life that are beyond our control, but not to have a covering doctor, or a way to get med refills is, in my opinion, inexcusable. I actually like Dr. Cohen and sincerely hope that whatever is happening in her life has a positive outcome. She'll be in my thoughts, and prayers, but not in my appointment book.

|  Just Me  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

According to her staff she is having personal problems and that is why no one had been able to do their jobs. No return phone calls to refill meds. Had appt office was to call in prescription took a week to get done. Couldnt even get a call back. Then answering service was not working and now they say they dont use one. I had to tell her about whats going on in the medical community. Ok she cant know everything but left the room for quite awhile to look up side effects of a med she put me on over 6months ago. Kinda backwards as far as technology and knowledge. After being in hospital had follow up they called to reschedule I called for 2weeks to get in with no answer left msgs they said phone system broke then I finally go in entirely new office staff that knows nothing. After appt set up 2nd follow up for a month. Get home to msg need to reschedule. Ok once again cant get in touch to reschedule. Getting new Dr that is "present".

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

Dr. Beth Cohen is an amazingly intelligent, competent, and wonderful doctor. I wish I could say the same for her staff. They're (for the most part) a group of unfriendly, uncaring, and even proven themselves to be incompetent individuals. They have been nasty to my wife and me. One staff member actually got quite nasty with my wife. I had called asking for a document be faxed to another doctor. After being advised (six days later) the document hadn't arrived, I called back and politely asked it be fax "as soon as 'they' had a free minute." I was met with an attitude. SEVEN days later, and the day before my other appointment, my wife phoned and asked if they could fax it "today" explaining another doctor had requested it. The girl actually YELLED at her stating "Nice to give us such short notice!" My wife explained that we had previously requested the report and had not received it. She then threatened to charge to send the fax.

|  caring and professional  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

She listens carefully to your problems I believe she orders the proper tests and treats each patient based on thier individual symptoms personally I would reccomend her highly

|  Amazing Doc  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

I have nothing but good to say. She is a caring and very patient doctor. I had been to so many other doctors and could not find one that would take the time to listen and help me and was so very frustrated until Dr. Cohen from my first visit I had felt more at ease and understood more then all te other doctors I had previously seen in the past and now its been over two years and I feel blessed to have her as my doctor. She is what the term Doctor is all about all doctors take oaths when they become a dr. and she has lived up to hers were others make you feel like your just another dollar in there pocket . She actually listens and I would recomend her and her amazing staff to anyone. I thank G D I found her!

Oct 8th, 2010

Physician and her staff are approachable and accessible. Would vrerccomend this dr

|  Nice lady, but...  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2010

I saw Dr. Cohen several years ago and have since switched neurologist. Yes, she's friendly, easy to talk to and will make you feel comfortable. There are a few things that I find questionable. For one thing, her office is pretty "bare bones" for a neurologist. I also looked her up on the Pocono Medical Center webite and saw that she only has adjunct status. These are "physicians granted privileges to consult with Pocono Medical Center physicians regarding a patient's treatment. They cannot admit a patient nor request diagnostic tests, procedures or medication." Be aware.

Dec 5th, 2006 on yahoo.com

answer to my prayers: i was sent to see dr cohen on nov 14,2006 it was my first visit with her, at first i was very spetical, i have seen seen so many doctors and i felt like i was just being passed around from one doctor to another and no one had any ans

Read Full Review at yahoo.com