Overall Review

2.9

May 5th, 2016
I came to discuss bioidentical hormones which I have been taking for 14 years. Awful! I walked out. Seemed all about money. I had questions. I brought recent blood tests. I was trying to get a second opinion and look to change doctors. Dr. Freedland would not talk to me at all until I paid $500 for some kit to saluva test my hormones. I have extensive knowledge about BHRT as I have been on them for longer than she's practicing. I was never treated so poorly. Purely a business. Again, I walked out! Horrible experience.

July 28th, 2014
Patient
When my insurance changed I had to find a new OBGYN after 15 years of being with the same doctor. I picked Dr. Freedland from my provider list based on her location. Never in my life did I think I would find such a wonderful doctor. My past mammograms have always showed dense breast tissue. She sent my for my first breast ultrasound and a mass was discovered. Luckily for my the biopsy was negative. If she hadn't been so thorough this would of gone undiscovered and things may of ended up differently. I like the way she takes time to explain things and answer all my questions. Never once did I feel "rushed". Her staff is very courteous and professional. My appointments are on time, I do not sit in the waiting room forever waiting to see her. My last experience, a Nova Sure procedure 2 weeks ago went so well I was back to work the next day with no discomfort at all. I HIGHLY recommend her to all woman and will be bringing my teen age girls to her for the yearly exams!

June 23rd, 2014
I have been a patient of Dr. Freedland for over 4 years. She has helped me over the hump of menopause with bio-identical hormones. I feel very comfortable discussing any health issues with her, knowing my questions will be answered. I have never felt rushed during an appointment. Her staff is courteous and friendly and I seldom wait more than 10 minutes.

June 23rd, 2014
Wonderful Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Freedland's for over five years. She has always been very kind, gentle and patient. I have had two children with her as my doctor and both pregnancies and deliveries were perfect. I had a lot of unusual medical complications that came up during both of my pregnancies and she was very thorough and careful in all decisions regarding my health and my unborn babies health. She recently moved offices and her new office is off of Palmetto Park Road. The staff is great and the office is very nice. I would gladly recommend her to any friends.

May 27th, 2014
OB patient
Very friendly and helpful staff, gives her cell # when nearing delivery- made me feel better and not like a number! Personalized experience!

December 28th, 2013
I still don't know what happened . . .
I went to Dr. Freedland for bioidentical hormones. All I can say is NIGHTMARE! After them confusing 2 of my appointments which I took time off of work to go to I finally got to the bioidentical appointment. Here is the thing, they accept my insurance but said that wasn't covered because I need a saliva test so the first appointment would be $250. Well she used my blood work test to prescribe the hormones and I was never given a saliva test kit. Then I was told I would apply the BHRT in the morning and just progesterone at night. When I picked up my RX it was for the BHRT 2x day. I had some side effects and when Dr. F called me back she changed it to what she originally said. The pharmacy called me a couple of days later and it was then changed to an oral time released progesterone pill which was strange because she told me during my 20 minute consultation (was told it was an hour consult originally) that she only suggests the creams or troches. So I called and left her a detailed message and the assistant said that Dr F would call me back after her patient leaves or the assistant said she would call me back herself - that was 2 weeks ago. She also told me in my one appointment that my D3 was at 25 and I needed to increase it and in the next appointment told me that my level was 45 and that I was doing great with the D3, I went home and looked at my results and it was 25! I believe I wasted time and money. And I almost left the office a few times - you better have patience if you go there because you will be waiting a long time.

March 9th, 2013
Avoid
Friendly staff, but not always competent and flakey. Staff member called me to remind me of appointment and then called me again to state she did not have my contact number on file. I had to point out that SHE called ME, therefore they obviously had my phone number (duh). Expect to remind staff of reason for visit, expect to request test results that were never mailed, expect to call in to remind staff to fill prescriptions that were never called in to the pharmacy after the appointment, etc. Did not find Dr. Freedland to be very professional. Not very presentable and seems to be very lethargic, leaning on counter tops during each visit. Has to constantly be reminded of personal details discussed in prior visits which should be documented in the records. Brought male student into room to examine me without asking permission or introducing him, which was uncomfortable and I had to request that it never happen again. Never greeted spouse and children when they accompanied me on visits. Failed to disclose she had no way to conduct ultrasounds in her office when I interviewed her and pressured me to have them done at perinatal center that I already mentioned I did not like visiting. Claimed to have trained with midwives and preferred less medical intervention. However, made multiple negative comments about my "advanced maternal age" (at the ripe old age of 36!) and mild gestational diabetes status as reasons requiring induction. Though my GD was diet controlled and I had a very healthy pregnancy, Dr. Freedland constantly pressured me to choose a date for induction or c-section. This was my 3rd pregnancy and 2nd pregnancy with mild GB and I was certain I'd have another healthy birth. At 37 weeks the baby was breech according to the ultrasound and I was told I needed a c-section. I declined to return to the perinatal center for weekly non-stress tests. I knew it was still early enough for the baby to turn (which it did 2 days later) and it was silly to start talking about a c-section. I got a call from Dr. Freedland the same day demanding I schedule a c-section and was told (yet again) that if I did not agree to the NST my baby would die. I'd had enough of her "dead baby" threats and terminated her services requesting a refund of the pre-paid delivery. She refused to provide the refund until I sent a certified letter threatening legal action. I spent the next few weeks relaxing, walking, getting prenatal massages, visiting my chiropractor and getting acupuncture treatments. I went into spontaneous labor with my 3rd vaginal birth (sans epidural), had my baby in 5 hours and was released from the hospital the next day. The baby is gorgeous and healthy. Expect heavy medical intervention if you choose Dr. Freedland, she is pro induction and c-section, does not know how to deliver breech, does not know how to manually turn babies and uses scare tactics with mothers over the age of 35.

September 23rd, 2012
A zebra doesnt change its stripes
Women/Ladies/Mommies Beware:This woman is the absoulte WORST OBGYN I have ever had the experience to deal with. DO NOT TAKE THE RISK IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD OBGYN. My personal experience with her was during my labor at a hospital a few years ago. (I had never met her at the OB office I went to in Coral Springs- she just happened to be the on-call DR) My labor was progressing slowly- I guess not fast enough in Dr. Freedland's opinion. Because, as soon as she made her appearance and did an examination on me, she administered pitocin. Shocking to me because I has progressed from 3 to 5 cm and the baby was not showing any signs of stress that needed to quicken my delivery. Pitocin is fine--- for someone who has an EPIDURAL or some type of strong long-lasting pain meds. In my case, I DID NOT have either and the rest of my labor was completely unbearable and a horrifying experience. I remember her staring at me blankly and coldly as I cried and begged for a c-section as I was in so much pain. There were no expressions of warmth or compassion from the DR; for the added extra pain she had induced into me... looking at me blankly, not giving me any direction, any support, any comfort, reassurance or guidance. I say a zebra doesnt change its stripes, because my son is now 5+, and I was curious to see other reviews of Freedland... and to no surprise, they reflect similar unhappy experiences with this DR and her lack of personality, warmth or compassion. Beware

July 23rd, 2012
Would Never Recommend Her!
Dr. Freedland was highly recommended by a local business owner and since I was just starting to go through menopause, I decided to meet her and start some hormone level testing and see what she recommended. The front staff is horrible. The receptionist sat there pulling a piece of string cheese with her teeth in front of me while I was trying to schedule an appointment! Dr. Freedland has ZERO bedside manner. Doesn't smile, borderline rude/unfriendly and dresses completely unprofessional with her flip flops! Instead of making me feel more relaxed she complained and complained on how difficult it was getting my uterus to relax so she could take a biopsy. She prescribed bio-identical hormone cream for me, had me pick it up from a local compounding pharmacy (which was also awful) and no instructions and it has been a month and I never even heard from her with any follow up to see how I was doing and if what she prescribed was helping! I'm back at my old OBGYN and will never look back! She is the LAST doctor I would ever recommend!

April 26th, 2012
Highly Recommended!!
Dr.Freedland is very professional. Her staff is nice and her office is very clean.

August 4th, 2011
1st I asked to use the bathroom and the vaginal speculums are in a bucket, in the public restroom for anyone to tamper with....grosss.... Dr. Freedland told me she was sending me for one test, yet wrote the prescription out for something different which resulted in a $800.00 medical bill that my insurance did not cover. Had the prescription been for what she told me, I had called my insurance company and verified I was covered for this test that she told me she was sending me for (which was not what she wrote on script) I called to try to work things out and her staff members actually yelled at me telling me I should know my insurance company's policy and I could have went anywhere (yet I was only handed a pamphlet with 1 place to go) and no one would return phone calls. She makes you wait in office for 35 minutes. Then calls you into a room and makes you wait 5-10 minutes before she comes and talks to you, then you undress and she leaves for another 5-10 minutes does the exam and walks out for another 5-10 minutes for you to get dressed then you have to wait at check out another 5-10 minutes to get the prescription that was totally different than she told me, and because I am not familiar with medical billing codes I was not aware of any of this until I got an $800.00 bill. Worst doctor and staff ever.... she has not even tried to resolve this problem with me at all.

June 22nd, 2011
Rude and plan on making a half a day there.
The people in her office are the rudest people and should not even have a job where they have to deal with the public. She makes you wait 30 minutes in waiting room, then another 10 once you get called into a room before she even sees you, then you get your robe and ANOTHER 10-15 minutes before she examines you, then you have to wait up front for another 10-15 minutes for a prescription for the procedures she wants, and then they only gave me 1 (I was supposed to have 2) so had to wait another 10 minutes. Rude. horrible bedside manner, and rushed when you finally do get to see her. OFFICE PERSONNEL ARE THE WORST .