Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner, Hospice & Palliative Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  LACK OF HELP  |  show details
by PATRICIA HAITHCOCK on Jul 1st, 2014

I WAS THERE FOR MY BOWELS,AND GOT BAD ADVICE,THEY NEVER CALLED ME BACK BOUT XRAYS,DIDNT EVEN GET TO SEE DR JUST A PA,RECEPTION PERSON WAS RUDE,DIDNT GET THE HELP I REALLY NEEDED,STOMACH STILL HURTING.

|  Doctor is ok, staff is horrible.  |  show details
by Asheboro Patient on Nov 13th, 2013

Dr Beth is not the worst doctor in the world. It is frustrating that she makes you come back for multiple appointments for one single problem. They really like making you come back for follow ups to finish treating something that could have been treated during the initial visit. I have to pay for my co-pays and it adds up quickly. But I still like her bedside manor, even if it seems rushed, she is still friendly. Her staff, on the other hand, nurses and receptionists and billing.. are AWFUL. They are unprofessional, outright rude, and incompetent. My bloodwork was messed up and the nurse who did it literally laughed about it and didn't give me any solid answers. They don't return your calls very well. I had a billing question that is still unanswered. The receptionists when you first go in seem angry at the world and like you are bothering them tremendously, this has happened with more than one. When you're finished you go get your insurance card from a younger girl that seems annoyed that you're bothering her for something. They don't tell you what prescriptions to expect at the drugstore, just that they will fax them over - leaving you to go to the pharmacy without a clue. Twice I've gone to the pharmacy with either nothing there, or one prescription was ready then the next day I get a call saying another is ready and I have to make another trip. If they would tell you at Dr Hodges office WHAT they were calling in and prepare you for what to expect at the pharmacy, it would be very helpful. I've asked when I'm leaving and they act like I just asked them to do the most difficult task of their life.

|  Lyme Disease illiterate  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

I visited Dr. Beth Hodges after removing 5 ticks and becoming very ill. Dr. Hodges informed me that I could not have Lyme disease if I'd not traveled north of Maryland. I was sent to specialist after specialist, spent thousands of dollars with no answers. As I started to lose the ability to walk, lost about every dime in my savings I moved on to search for appropriate care. 6 months later I was diagnosed with Lyme disease, remnants of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and other co-infections. PLEASE, PLEASE search for another doctor if you suspect tick borne illness, do not visit Hodges Family Practice for care.

|  FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR/PRACTICE QUICKLY!!!!!  |  show details
by Disgruntled Former Patient on Jan 24th, 2013

The staff is beyond rude and incompetent. I have worked in a medical office setting for over 13 years and have never come across such rude individuals from the front desk staff to the billng and management. Working in the medical community you have to wonder what kind of care are you getting from the physicians if they are hiring and putting up with such unprofessional behavior. I really recommend you find another practice or doctor and one that puts the patient first and actually does billing everyday and has a dedicated person that works in billing because otherwise you are left to fend for yourself.

|  show details
Aug 14th, 2010

I love Dr. Hodges but her staff is either very overworked or incredibly incompetent. There have been at least 3 instances just this year where they failed to send paperwork to another doctor or facility, despite calls upon calls to the office to get it done. I had to dog them for a solid month to get test results faxed to a surgeon who was waiting for them. Recently, it took a week of my calling every single day to get a copy of test results that HAD to get to my daughters school by a deadline. After a week of excuses about fax machines that "didn't work" and the paperwork not being reviewed (that was AFTER the fax excuse), I ended up sitting at the office and waiting to have to have it handed to me to make the deadline. If it weren't for the fact that I actually like Dr. Beth, I would take my checkbook and insurance card somewhere else in a heartbeat.

|  Nonexistent followup  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2009

I am a longtime patient, but Dr. Hodges prescribed an in-office treatment for me in January and the office staff has yet to schedule it - it is now June. I have called several times and they do not return my calls promptly and won't pass messages on to the doctor.