Overall Review

3.1

November 18th, 2016
extremely condescending.

May 19th, 2016
After waiting over two months to get in to see this supposedly "top notch" doctor concerning midlife issues and to get an annual exam which was long overdue, "top notch" is definitely NOT a term that I would use to describe this doctor. I had caught the flu 3 weeks prior to my appointment, was good for a week and then had caught a cold the week before my appointment so I was clearly more depressed and anxious between feeling lousy from being sick in addition to horrible (and I mean horrible) symptoms of menopause. I knew that I needed hormone therapy and went to this place and particularly this doctor because they were supposed to be the best. We went in to a consultation room, she looked at my papers that I had filled out and spoke with me for a little bit. (Thank God that my mother came in with me because she never would have believed this if she didn't witness it first hand.) She said "BEFORE we can do anything with you, you are CLEARLY suffering from depression and your medication isn't working for you, I am recommending that you get a psych consult with such and such doctor." I left that place more bewildered than I was before I got there and to top it off, she did not even perform the physical examination that I had waited over two months for or even as much as a simple blood test to see where my hormone levels were at. I came home and pondered the encounter and wrote an e-mail to this doctor. She felt it necessary to call me after she had read the e-mail. She basically said to me "I am an expert in this field, have been doing it for years and give speeches about mid-life. You tell me exactly what you think that I should have done before addressing your depression?" My response "You could at least have run some tests because being an expert, you should know that these symptoms would be caused by hormonal imbalances. " When I explained to her that I had been sick for basically 3 out of the last 4 weeks, I asked her "Who wouldn't be depressed after that in and of itself?" Her response "A LOT of people would not be depressed by that." That was basically the end of my conversation with this woman. Thankfully, I have been able to see a GOOD doctor who was able to squeeze me in within less than a week's wait, took one look at me and immediately ordered tests. As it stands right now, I am in either stage 2 or stage 3 of adrenal insufficiency, completely lacking in estrogen and progesterone and slowly working towards recovery. I would NOT recommend that any woman having menopausal symptoms see this doctor. She will dismiss you and refer you to a psychiatrist who will more than likely medicate you with drugs that you probably do not need. I dread to think what she would add to whatever cocktail that psychiatrist would have recommended. Please find a doctor who will actually listen to your symptoms rather than dismiss you with her so-called expertise.

April 16th, 2016
Great gynecologist!
We were so impressed that Dr Prairie called us herself to follow up. She took all the time we needed for us to understand what was happening.

January 21st, 2016
I agree wIth several of the other reviews.This doctor was very arrogant and condescending and also made me extremely uncomfortable before and during the exam. I worked in the medical field for 33 years and I knew very early on that I would never allow this doctor to humiliate me again and I would never return. She should actually read her reviews and change her attitude, especially if you are coming to the office worried about the possibility of cancer. Maybe Allegheny Health System has a class on how to smile and treat patients, she should enroll.

December 8th, 2015
I'm a size 14 and she told me I should consider bariatric surgery, concentrated on my weight but never addressed my pain. Awful

November 2nd, 2015
Wish I would have read reviews sooner
Like other reviewers, I also found this physician very condescending. She made me feel very self conscious, even before any actual exam. I would not recommend her as a physician.

August 24th, 2015
Wish I had found her sooner!

March 18th, 2014
Thorough, really cared about me. Took time to explain everything.

April 10th, 2013
I would not recommend this doctor, she made me feel uncomfortable with the questions she asked. On my form, I didn't have anything written for family medical history as my parents are in good health, and she questioned why it was blank, asking if I was adopted?! I was shocked by this and felt it was unprofessional and unwarrented. Overall her bedside manner was poor at best.

April 3rd, 2013
Made me feel uncomfortable
I went for my yearly pap in the fall unaware that they now recommend you get a pap every 3 years. I have a history of cancer so I thought she would have done one anyway but she did not. She also asked me if I wanted to be checked for certain STD's and out of safety I said yes. I have been faithfully married for 3 years. She told me typically married patients do not get those test but it is my business not hers, implying I may not be faithful to my husband. I will not be going back

January 22nd, 2013
The dr was rude and condesending