Dr. Beth Rackow Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Beth Rackow?

Awful

Posted on June 14th, 2016

Dr. Rackow has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have been to in my entire life. She is rude, aims to spend 2 minutes or less with each patient, and scolds you when you ask a question. She has absolutely no interest in her patients. Being treated for fertility issues is already stressful without having to deal with a doctor whose disdain for her patients is palpable. It's too bad because the other doctors at Columbia are great.

Posted on February 11th, 2016

Dr. Rackow was generous with her time, thorough in explaining options and outcomes, and I trusted and appreciated her caution on a few problems I was having. She made me feel comfortable, informed and in control. I'd thoroughly recommend her to anyone.

Rude, impatient, callous

Posted on September 16th, 2015

Rackow's objective seems to be to move through patients as quickly as possible, without consideration for our questions or concerns. She was impatient and irritable as we tried to get answers about our ivf cycle. She was in and out of the room in about 3 minutes, which she seemed to think was too long.

Poor bedside manner

Posted on July 8th, 2015

I recently moved to the area and decided to try Dr. Rackow for continuing treatment for my PCOS, a condition I've been dealing with for 5 years now. Overall, I felt that she was quite knowledgeable and was justified with many of the tests and questions she asked about the treatment I've tried and my medical history. However, she was very abrasive and pushy. She didn't seem to understand that treatment is as much of a emotional process as well and wasn't receptive to my comments. Instead, she simply wanted to control the situation and practically scolded me when I explained to her that for religious reasons I wouldn't try certain treatments. If you're looking for an understanding and caring physician, look elsewhere.

Posted on July 7th, 2015

This doctor has a good reputation clinically but her beside manner is atrocious. She is rude, high-handed and scolds patients.

Posted on May 24th, 2015

Dr. Rackow is first and foremost knowledgeable and professional, but she is also a real person. She has a wonderful bedside manner, listens and thoroughly explains diagnoses and procedures. I felt extremely comfortable that I was in not only very competent, but also caring hands.

Posted on April 10th, 2015

Dr. Beth Rackow is an outstanding doctor!

Great doctor

Posted on February 4th, 2014

I am extremely happy that I found Dr. Rackow. I had a uterine septum and before I met her I went through a nightmare just to find a doctor that would accept to remove my septum without considering it an infertility issue. I have never had infertility issues so far, and a uterine septum is a Mullerian anomaly and a congenital malformation. It can lead to infertility but not necessarily, and in most of Drs offices they would just refuse to give me an appointment unless they would charge me as an infertility patient. She was the first doctor (and believe me, I contacted a lot) that actually accepted to see me and listen to my story before judging what kind of patient I was. And she agreed that I was NOT an infertility patient. Still, I needed surgery to remove my septum, and she did that. Her diagnosis was accurate and she performed all the tests necessary to make sure about that. I have seen here that several people complained about her bedside manners... I had a great experience with her, though. I had read a lot about my condition by the time I went to see her so I had plenty of questions. She was patient with me and she answered all of them. The day of the surgery she was super nice and caring and I really appreciated that because I was obviously nervous. She was actually much nicer than the rest of the staff. She called me the day after the surgery to check on me and again, she was very nice. A few weeks later I needed some follow-up tests to ensure that the surgery worked and the septum was fully removed and she was also extremely nice and helpful, double checking everything twice for me. So, all I can say of her is that she always was great with me and I am extremely grateful that she treated and helped me when so many others before didn't even listen to me. I would absolutely recommend her as a RE doctor.

Poor Bedside Manner

Posted on January 28th, 2014

I just went to Dr. Rackow for my first visit to deal with a lack of cycling that has lead to difficulties getting pregnant. While I'm sure she's a capable physician, her bedside manner left a lot to be desired. She didn't seem interested in me, and wouldn't let me fully explain things without interjecting with her opinion (without seeing any of my test results yet). When I explained some of what my GYN told me, she dismissed it. This is my very first appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist, and it was daunting. She showed no concern for the situation. Instead, she was only interested in ordering every possible test and procedure available on the list of possible options (I declined several, because at this stage, they are premature). She wanted to rush into running a bunch of tests, but wouldn't listen when I told her that my doctor had already ordered those tests and we had gotten the results. She wanted to retest, because she was too impatient to wait for my GYN office to fax them over. Not looking forward to going back.

treatment for endometriosis

Posted on January 9th, 2014

Dr. Rackow is a great and very knowledgeable doctor. I have been dealing with very painful endometriosis for the past several years and have dealt with many incompetent GYNs and doctors in several hospitals who have disregarded my pain, downplay endometriosis, deny I had endometriosis without doing a lap to diagnose endo. only doing ultrasounds which do not show endometriosis! After my first lap gave me no relief which was not done 100% right to excised all the endo or the right way it was finally great to find a doctor like Dr. Rackow who is knowledge in this field. During my first visit she understood my pain and what I was going through and immediately scheduled and agreed to do surgery to remove endometriosis and scar tissue. Her bedside manner was great, she was very kind and caring before and after my surgery and made sure all my questions were answered and that I was comfortable with the procedure and to lower the chances and amount of endo to grow back she also changed my medication. The surgery gave me great relief, she excised and ablated all my endometriosis from my ovaries and intestines. I would recommend her to anyone, I wish I found Dr. Rackow when I first got sick with endo. And to comment about previous reviews about Dr. Rackow's attitude towards her patients, I can see why they are saying that for she may come off as that to some people in the way she expresses things but she really does care about her patients and is nice. My experience with her in my appointments has always been caring she is not a mean doctor please don't let what other people have felt they experienced to stop you from seeing her and getting great help!

Posted on October 1st, 2013

Surely, she is very knowledgeable in her field but her conveyance of information, good or bad, is lacking professionalism. She shows you her “poor you face” for bad news. When you are or were unclear of directions given, she does not listen to you, she just wants you to listen to her. If you ask a question or make a statement, she just repeats what she just said. People come here and pay for assistance. She acts as if she is giving hand out and we should be grateful. I hope I never have to deal with her again. I feel sorry for anyone that has her as their first Doctor when going through the treatments.

18 year old PCOS patient

Posted on August 23rd, 2013

I went to Dr Rackow for assistance with PCOS and she is the best doctor that I have ever been to. She takes her time, explains things fully and with ease, and made me extremely comfortable. I was really afraid when my first doctor told me that I had PCOS because I am extremely atypical for that diagnosis, but Dr Rackow really took the time to accurately diagnose me and help me understand how I can deal with my condition. She really is the best!