Obstetricians & Gynecologists

5801 Research Park Blvd
Suite 400
Madison, WI 53719
608-729-6300
Locations and availability (3)

1.0

|  Not prepared for appointments...rushed.  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2014

I had a midwife for my first pregnancy, for my second I had Dr. Wiedel. She came highly recommended from midwives in the area, but I was not happy with her care. She is very smart, but lacks compassion. We had complications during my pregnancy and at 7 months she called me and asked if I wanted to have an abortion...I had never hinted that I was even interested in this, so I was shocked that she asked. It was not only that she asked, but the way she asked...over the phone. Dr. Wiedel didn't ask how we were coping with the diagnosis, how we were feeling, etc., just did we want to look at abortion. I feel like that is not something you ask over the phone, That phone call made me cry more than the actual diagnosis. I also had multiple ultrasounds at Meriter, and the Perinatologist would say one thing and then I would go to the clinic for my regular appointment and she would say the opposite, like she had not prepared for our appointment at all. Her appointments with us always seemed rushed. The facility is beautiful, the nurses and front desk staff are friendly, but this is not a Dr. you can connect with...despite diagnosis we had PERFECT, HEALTHY BABY!