Abusive, rude and horrible bedside manners show details Abusive, rude and horrible bedside manners
Apr 21st, 2016

I waited several months until I got her appointment as I suffer for LS was great discomfort she was quick talking with the other doctor assistant all the time and dictating to the nurse who was typing constantly what she was dictating her taking pictures and measurements and all while I was laying on her office bed in gynecological position making me sign lots of forms to authorize her to study me, telling me horrible outcomes that I am still shocked , worse experience I don"t worst experience anybody !

Apr 5th, 2016

Office staff was rude and inefficient. They were terrible with follow-up.

Sucks show details Sucks
by Anonymous on Nov 16th, 2015

I wait and wait weeks for her to call me back about important tests. Not to mention I waited over an hour when I had an appoint to see her . I have been to many doctors that's recommend same treatment as her . A waste of time

Serious about her work show details Serious about her work
by A. nonna on Aug 18th, 2015

Lichen sclerosis sucks, and not many doctors know much about it. Dr. Schlosser does. It's true and annoying that it takes 4-5 months to get an appointment, since the clinic is only one day a week and there aren't many options for people with LS, but she's only one doctor, so I don't consider this a personal flaw, just a drawback to trying to get to see her. She's probably not the most cuddly of doctors, but I'm not looking for cuddly when I'm in a hospital gown, I'm looking for medical help. I'd also say that it helps to be a knowledgeable patient, because she gives amazing detail while dictating her description and you can learn a lot about your condition, and she's happy to answer questions; I have other diseases that overlap and she was breathtakingly clear and detailed about how to tell the difference.

Dr. Bethanee Schlosser Northwestern Memoral Hospital show details Dr. Bethanee Schlosser Northwestern Memoral Hospital
Apr 30th, 2013

Was really looking forward to my appt as I have a chronic condition which causes me continual discomfort and pain. I have been to several doctors. I have never met anyone like her. Rude, condescending, nasty. Her attitude was disgraceful. I will stick with her as maybe she can help me. As a family full of Northwestern graduates, the school should be embarrassed to have someone with her attitude on their staff.

Great Derm Experience show details Great Derm Experience
Apr 29th, 2012

This was my first visit to a dermatologist for a mole check (which might feel invasive if you aren't prepared!), and it was great. Dr. Schlosser was kind and explained a lot about my moles, and was very reassuring when everything was okay. She was really great, and I would recommend her to anyone.

Apr 5th, 2012

worse doctor experience of my life. I felt like I was being abused by Dr Schlosser. At one point in the visit I had to stop and ask her if something was wrong, and ask her "why she was treating me like this". The only thing I can think of was that I let the nurse know before the visit I did not what a resident in the exam room, I only wanted to deal with the doctor, no one else.

Love this doctor!!! show details Love this doctor!!!
Sep 12th, 2011

I've been twice to see Dr. Schlosser. Both times I got in very quickly, then had to wait a little bit for her to come in (about 15-20 minutes). That is not that bad, considering some doctors are about an hour wait. I loved her down-to-earth attitude and her thoroughness. She's fun and nice, and made me feel at ease immediately. I highly recommend her!!!

Very rude show details Very rude
Jun 20th, 2011

I was looking forward to this appointment to try to answer some of my questions. Took me 2 months to get an appointment. Instead, I felt that she was more interested in talking about one of my other health issues and how she felt that wasn't being treated properly. Excuse me, you aren't the specialist treating that. I'm here to talk to you about vulvar issues.I'm sure she is very knowledgeable about skin issues and she did answer some of my questions, but her bedside manner was horrible. She made me feel stupid for being there, and I know that I am not stupid. Just because you are a knowledgeable doctor and you are at a good hospital, that doesn't mean you are a GOOD doctor. Don't know if I will go back or not. I'll see how my issues progress. The ob/gyn was better--still an odd bedside manner, but definitely not rude and willing to listen to my questions.Dr. Schlosser acted like I was wasting her time. Well, you're getting paid no matter what, aren't you?

Rude, condescending and uninformative show details Rude, condescending and uninformative
Apr 30th, 2011

At first, we were off to a good start. For once the doctor was not more than 10 minutes late. However, when I finally saw her, she completely dismissed my concerns as frivolous and didn't want to talk about the reason I was there giving stupid excuses. She obviously didnt' want to treat me. Then, she wanted to do a skin check and see my genitals when that is NOT what I was there for in the first place. I didn't need a skin exam. So rude, condescending, uncaring, and just totally missed the point of the visit. AND want to add unnecessary exam components to upcode her billing. Totally unethical.

Dec 14th, 2010

Are you kidding? One of the best Dermatologists in Chicago.

Pelvic pain is out of her skill set show details Pelvic pain is out of her skill set
Oct 7th, 2010

She doesn't have a handle on all the available options for treatment and relies too much on the OB that works with her.Too hard to get an appointment.

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
May 14th, 2010

If you are looking for a doctor that is patient, listens, caring, and sensitive to your needs then your look is over! I have been seeing Dr. Schlosser regularly for over a year now, and although my procedures may be very painful at times,, she does everything she can to make me feel as comfortable as possible. Not very often are doctors this personable, but I have to say that I have been very forturnate.