Dermatologist (skin)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Dr. Bethanee Schlosser Northwestern Memoral Hospital  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2013

Was really looking forward to my appt as I have a chronic condition which causes me continual discomfort and pain. I have been to several doctors. I have never met anyone like her. Rude, condescending, nasty. Her attitude was disgraceful. I will stick with her as maybe she can help me. As a family full of Northwestern graduates, the school should be embarrassed to have someone with her attitude on their staff.

|  Great Derm Experience  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

This was my first visit to a dermatologist for a mole check (which might feel invasive if you aren't prepared!), and it was great. Dr. Schlosser was kind and explained a lot about my moles, and was very reassuring when everything was okay. She was really great, and I would recommend her to anyone.

|  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

worse doctor experience of my life. I felt like I was being abused by Dr Schlosser. At one point in the visit I had to stop and ask her if something was wrong, and ask her "why she was treating me like this". The only thing I can think of was that I let the nurse know before the visit I did not what a resident in the exam room, I only wanted to deal with the doctor, no one else.

|  IN THE YEAR 2525  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

I called Dr. Schlosser office for appt on 9/5/2011. I was told I had to completethe necessary papers on myself & my referring physican also had to send thempapers. I got a skin condition called lichen. You know if this is not treated it does get pretty bad. Prior creams did not help. My referring doctor stated theysent my papers to Dr. Beth the week of 9/27. Meanwhile my condition is growingworser by the day. I called that office 3 times in tears with no return call if any - days later. Billie the nurse there called me first 10/4 & stated they had mypaperwork & Dr. Beth was reviewing them& she would call me after Dr. Beth had reviewed all. On 10/5 Billie called me &stated she wanted to schedule me for anappt first mind you, JANUARY 13th, 2012!Is this a joke or what? I am in utter pain on the verge of crying for thiscondition is to my last nerve. This office does not care about new patients.In the meantime tired of waiting, I looked into another skin doctor namedDr. Omeed Memar (50 East Washington). Hisstaff was so caring & understanding as they had asked if I could come in that same day at 1:30. I did keep the appt &I am very happy with this doctor's office. He is treating my condition withuva rays & after one treatment, I am back being myself happy & smiling. I lookforward to happy times again. As for Dr.Schlosser's office & staff,if you don'tmind waiting 4 months or so for an appt, they may be ok,but if you got anythingmore serious, I do not recommend them. Ithink Dr. Beth does a poor job in handling its patients! I have no faith inher nor her staff! They themselves havecaused me to feel this way. I most highlyrecommend Dr. Memar! For the attitude Dr.Beth's office showed to me, they are notworth my time!

|  Love this doctor!!!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

I've been twice to see Dr. Schlosser. Both times I got in very quickly, then had to wait a little bit for her to come in (about 15-20 minutes). That is not that bad, considering some doctors are about an hour wait. I loved her down-to-earth attitude and her thoroughness. She's fun and nice, and made me feel at ease immediately. I highly recommend her!!!

|  Very rude  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

I was looking forward to this appointment to try to answer some of my questions. Took me 2 months to get an appointment. Instead, I felt that she was more interested in talking about one of my other health issues and how she felt that wasn't being treated properly. Excuse me, you aren't the specialist treating that. I'm here to talk to you about vulvar issues.I'm sure she is very knowledgeable about skin issues and she did answer some of my questions, but her bedside manner was horrible. She made me feel stupid for being there, and I know that I am not stupid. Just because you are a knowledgeable doctor and you are at a good hospital, that doesn't mean you are a GOOD doctor. Don't know if I will go back or not. I'll see how my issues progress. The ob/gyn was better--still an odd bedside manner, but definitely not rude and willing to listen to my questions.Dr. Schlosser acted like I was wasting her time. Well, you're getting paid no matter what, aren't you?

|  Rude, condescending and uninformative  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2011

At first, we were off to a good start. For once the doctor was not more than 10 minutes late. However, when I finally saw her, she completely dismissed my concerns as frivolous and didn't want to talk about the reason I was there giving stupid excuses. She obviously didnt' want to treat me. Then, she wanted to do a skin check and see my genitals when that is NOT what I was there for in the first place. I didn't need a skin exam. So rude, condescending, uncaring, and just totally missed the point of the visit. AND want to add unnecessary exam components to upcode her billing. Totally unethical.

|  rude, condescending, and uncaring  |  show details
by PBJ19 at Citysearch on Apr 30th, 2011 on citysearch.com

At first, we were off to a good start. For once the doctor was not more than 10 minutes late. However, when I finally saw her, she completely dismissed my concerns as frivolous and didn`t want to talk about the reason I was there giving stupid excuses. She obviously didnt` want to treat me. Then, she wanted to do a skin check and see my genitals when that is NOT what I was there for in the first place. I didn`t need a skin exam. So rude, condescending, uncaring, and just totally missed the point of the visit. AND want to add unnecessary exam components to upcode her billing. Totally unethical.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

Are you kidding? One of the best Dermatologists in Chicago.

|  Pelvic pain is out of her skill set  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

She doesn't have a handle on all the available options for treatment and relies too much on the OB that works with her.Too hard to get an appointment.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
May 14th, 2010

If you are looking for a doctor that is patient, listens, caring, and sensitive to your needs then your look is over! I have been seeing Dr. Schlosser regularly for over a year now, and although my procedures may be very painful at times,, she does everything she can to make me feel as comfortable as possible. Not very often are doctors this personable, but I have to say that I have been very forturnate.