Dr. Bethany Leighton DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Royal Oak, MI

• Good
  • Bad

January 25th, 2013
Had her since I was 15 & Wouldn't go to anyone else!
Dr. Leighton has been my doctor since I was about 15, she always make a point to ask me how high school and then college was going, asks me how I'm feeling, if I have any questions, etc. She made it a point to get to know me and now I wouldn't go to anyone else! She has helped me with lady-issues as well as simple colds. She is amazing and funny and I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Dr.Leighton!

July 21st, 2012
Disgrace
I am 28. D.O. Leighton missed an intracranial tumor that reduced my testosterone to zero despite my having handed the diagnosis to her on a silver platter. U of M doctors, in a 3 day flurry, gave me proper treatment. At a subsequent visit due to obvious cystic growth, I was met with blunt refusal when requesting an additional M.R.I. To rule out any serious conditions associated with poly cystic thyroid or kidney (a possible serious condition u of m doctors warned could be related to my intracranial tumor) I was told by leighton to come back when I had symptoms. Leighton is an utter disgrace to modern thinking regarding interactive diagnosis and treatment. If she wasn't so busy talking 18 words per second regurgitating second year med school she may be able to actually apply something to a real world situation. Brutal, brutal experience. STAY AWAY

May 30th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Leighton for 3-4 years now, and I can honestly say it is a pleasure working with her to improve my health. Diagnosing my health issues has been quite challenging, but Dr. Leighton works very hard to come up with an accurate diagnosis, and when she feels it is necessary, she does not hesitate to refer you to a specialist. She spends plenty of time with her patients - I know I never feel rushed. She truly listens and has an excellent bedside manner. Her medical assistants are quite friendly. I have rarely had to wait in the waiting room longer than 5 minutes, and the receptionists work hard to get you an appointment quickly. So, needless to say at this point, I highly recommend Dr. Leighton!

September 12th, 2011
Just started going to Dr. Leighton last year for a minor medical issue with my daughter that was resolved quickly. We then switched the entire family to her practice. We still can't believe how much time she spends with her patients and how thorough she is with the exam. We have never felt rushed or dismissed in any way. Any additional concerns are always addressed and followed up on. I would definitely recommend this dr. to anyone looking for a family doctor.

June 14th, 2016