Psychiatrist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Horrible  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2014

It's frightening that this woman is practicing medicine, and especially psychiatry. I don't know what these awards are that she apparently received, but I have to wonder if they're legitimate. She will not listen to the patient or even to other professionals; she is an argumentative, rude know-it-all, and actually gave this patient (a young man) incorrect information to avoid having to say "I don't know." She made a diagnosis and wrote notes about it in the chart before even meeting the patient, and her diagnosis was very wrong, according to subsequent doctors. Nonetheless, when the patient's parents questioned the basis for her diagnosis, she responded by saying that she is "married to a lawyer" and knows how she's supposed to do things. She reportedly harms young patients on a regular basis (according to a medical professional in the same area). I've given her a one-star rating only because there's no option for zero.

Jul 27th, 2010

She is compassionate and sweet. She listened to me and my family, and I am feeling better for the first time in a long time.

|  More Harm than Good  |  show details
May 13th, 2010

This doctor is unsympathetic, argumentative, very quick to diagnose PRIOR TO EVEN MEETING OR EVALUATING THE PATIENT; She is resistant to family members' input, even experts in her own field. This doctor upset a young man who actually asked his mom why the doctor was mad at him. Misdiagnosis, according to 2nd opinion. Stay away. . .

Aug 26th, 2009

Dr. Mcgovern really listened to me and also gave me information and help for my illness. I would recommend her very highly because she really helped me out.

Aug 13th, 2009

I would definitely recommend her. Fabulous experience.

Aug 4th, 2009

I would readily recommend her. Just a caring physician