inactive

Betty S Jelen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

March 11th, 2015
Doctor is unprofessional and office is run poorly and can't perform basic office duties.
I would NOT recommend this doctor's office to my worst enemy. For starters every time you go in to see the doctor you will be waiting well over an hour. Once seen, my appoint lasted over another hour.... not because Dr Jelen was asking me questions about my health or doing anything diagnostic.. it was because she was telling me about HER life and HER background. I could sit here and write a paragraph about her kids, her ex husband and what she lost in the divorce. Totally inappropriate and unprofessional. Next... this office is run like a farm. They submitted a request for me to have a disease diagnosed to the WRONG insurance company and for 2.5 months I was trying to figure out what happened and why I wasnt getting a result. They didn't return phone calls, would put me on hold for endless amounts of time and treated me with such disrespect. In the end I figured out the problem, told them to resubmit to the right insurance company and instead of doing it properly.. they sent in the wrong codes... another mistake on their end and then referred me to another endocrinologist instead of fixing it themselves. You'd think a doctor's office would know how to submit a request and know which insurance company to send it to. Dr Jelen as a doctor was very unprofessional and their office was completely incompetent in what should have been a simple matter.

January 23rd, 2014
Change my life
I was recommended to see Dr.Jelen by a friend. I had 12.6 HgA1C. It is very high. Dr.Jelen motivational speech paid off.In 3 months my HgA1C was down to 6.3. I followed her recommendations. I lost 20 pounds as well. She is a great doctor!

January 22nd, 2014
She really cares
Dr. Jelen saved my life. I followed he advice and I lowered my blood sugar and feel really healthy now. 4 stars!

December 5th, 2011
she's wonderful

November 17th, 2011
RUDE DOCTOR
I am making this report on behalf of my sister. She was currently diagnosed with Lupus. Her insurance sent her to this office. My sister ( who is on disability and only 22 years old) had no cell phone activated, and was not able to make her appointment. Dr. Betty Jelen, was rude and told her that she should have called her but my sister explained her situation and she complained that she had to drive 25 miles just to see her in the morning, she went as far as saying that most endocronolist dont accept her plan and that she would call and personally tell them my sister was not insterest. Well, obviously with that attititude why would anyone be interested. Bad, Bad Dr!!!!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO THIS DR. SHE IS RUDE.

October 3rd, 2011
Diabetes Patient
I have had several Doctor's in the past, but Dr. Jelen has been the best one I have been to. She has helped me get my Diabetes under control. I would highly recommend her. She she is very knowledgeable and caring.

September 30th, 2011
AWFUL!!!
TERRIBLE DOC!!!! BEWARE!!! Seriously awful person/DR. I can not believe her license has not been revoked. Extreamly rude & is not all together in the head. Dirty bathroom/office. I happen to park next to her small SUV & it was piled high from passenger seat all way back with papers & crap. Do yourself a favor a stay away FAR far FAR away!

August 19th, 2010
Dr. Jelen should be removed from medicine
This doctor should be in jail.She made my mom so upset after several visits that she never wanted to return. The first time she made her wait over an hour, then the next time she made her wait OUTSIDE due to having no staff (they probably quit).She did NOT have the records for the high cholesterol that my mom was going for, nor did she have the changed thyroid medication that she returned for. She then insisted that my mom sign a waiver of legal rights which my mom refused to sign. From all of the complaints online we now see she is probably being sued by a lot of ex patients and that is why she has the waiver.She needs to be removed from medicine.

April 28th, 2010
BAD
Expect to wait 45 min to a hour after your scheduled doctors appointment to actually be seen by the doctor. She does not give the correct diagnosis. Had major health issues and doctor said I was healthy. I ended up in the ER a week after my last doctors visit for major problems that this doctor did not catch.

March 19th, 2009
Not really happy with the service provided