Dr. Beverly Harrell-Bruder Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Beverly Harrell-Bruder?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

May 21st, 2013

Rude and Insensitive

My sister and I took my dad to the Emergency Room on May 5, 2013 (Chula Vista Scripps) for a serious surgery complication. The doctor in charged at the moment was Dr. Beverly G Harrell-Bruder. This doctor told my sister, in a rude and non-professional way, that she shouldn't be bringing my dad to this hospital. My sister tried to explain to her that my dad was an emergency case and that this hospital was the closest from home. My dad is 77 years old and he was in great pain and with a lot of blood in his urine at the time. She ended up admitting my dad by making us feel that she was making us a favor with a sarcastic and disrespectful face expression. Later during the day, I called my dad's doctor to let him know what was happening with his patient (my dad). When Dr. Beverly knew that I called my dad's doctor she approached to me and told me in an insensitive and demanding way that I was not supposed to call any other doctor. She literally told me that no other doctor has privileges in this hospital but her. She told me that she was the doctor in charge and that I shouldn't be calling anyone else. By the time she told me this, she was already in communication with my dad's doctor. I strongly believe that she is a rude and insensitive doctor. I also believe that when people get into an Emergency Room, the least thing we need is to be treated in an unprofessional and cold way by a doctor. Show some respect for your patients and profession!

December 15th, 2015