Dr. Beverly Lewis Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Beverly Lewis?

Posted on October 22nd, 2015

My experience with Dr. Lewis was terrible. I am in the process of changing clinics because of an out of state move. I waited 2 months for an appointment and when I finally met Dr. Lewis I was shocked. She barely spoke with me, asked me only how my medications were working for me, and then told me that she was not comfortable with prescribing a medication that I have been on for years and only offered to prescribe half the dose. When I questioned this, given that I had been on it for years and had tried decreasing the dose, which didn't work well she said "I'm not going to change my position on that." This was also after I had told her that it has been a very stressful time in my life recently. Wow. I was floored that she would treat a patient like that. Doesn't she realize that she's dealing with people who are generally unstable?

meh

Posted on January 28th, 2015

Initially I was impressed by Dr. Lewis - she seemed warm and empathic. On my way out the door, however, she stated that she wouldn't see me if I continued drinking (I had a bit of a problem at the time). Rather than help me through it and refer me to chemical dependency services, she just straight up rejected me. Not cool.

Outstanding and compassionate physician

Posted on May 11th, 2013

She trained at UC Berkeley, University of Minnesota Medical School and Harvard Medical School. She was Chief Resident and she is published. She is down to earth and compassionate.

Look elsewhere

Posted on May 1st, 2013

If you're thinking ahead & researching psychiatrists before making an appointment, do yourself a favor: do not see Dr Lewis. She seems to think that her impressive résumé (which she will, no doubt, recite within the first two minutes of meeting you) makes up for her complete lack of empathic listening & interviewing skills, but it doesn't. Not even close. I found her remarkably arrogant and dismissive and self involved. Spare yourself the hassle: find a good therapist & let your family doctor to do the prescribing.

Very Disappointed

Posted on June 9th, 2010

Dr. Lewis can be very very difficult to reach. Calls rarely get returned;and if she happens to return a call... several days or weeks may pass during the mean time. Very poor follow Up! Over all her approach seemed arrogant, presumptuous,and unprofessional.Sometimes she was encouraging and she appeared to be attentive to my needs as a patient. Other times she seemed to focus excessively on her herself-allowing her own personal issues and opinions to interfere with her ability to address my needs as a patient. Too often,it seemed like she was not really listening to me and I felt unheard and disregarded as she flippantly made too many excuses and inappropriate-off color comments. Although, I did have some positive experiences with Dr. Lewis, the problem was that she was too flippant and unpredictable for me. Dealing with her can be a very difficult,frustrating,and counter productive experience. Dr. Lewis is knowledgeable and her credentials look good on paper, however, I was disappointed with the way that she treated me as well as her substandard performance. I would not recommend her!

Outstanding!

Posted on May 30th, 2010

Doesn't return calls

Posted on May 26th, 2010

She never returned my call about scheduling an appointment. I heard on her voicemal that her husband was not well. She should take time off to be with her husband if she cannot attend to even returning calls.

Posted on May 7th, 2010

I love the Dr Lewis has a chance to get to know her patients in this setting. She is on top of her "game" and has helped me with my meds immensely. She genuinely cares about me as a person and as her patient. Plus her office is so darn comfy and beautiful.

Outstanding and brilliant physcian who listens and cares

Posted on April 24th, 2010

Superb physician. Even when her spouse died very recently, she was available to all established patients and was considerate enough to not take on new patients at the time. She also informed my insurance compnay, Health Partners, and my sister's insurance company, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, of her brief unavailability to accept new patients due to the death of her young spouse. That is professionalism, care and consideration. She has an outstanding resume including UC Berkeley, the U of MN Medical School and Harvard Medical School. She has many awards and honors. She was in the Top Doc issue in 2008. She has fifteen plaques on her office wall of diplomas, patient awards and even an award from MN Association of Psychology. She's brilliant, she listens, she's thorough and the very best doctor I have ever had. She is skilled in internal medicine and she works with other healthcare providers. She is a breath of fresh air! I reccommend her highly!

Poor customer service

Posted on February 19th, 2010

I called to get an appt with Dr. Lewis for months and repeatedly asked her to return even if she was no longer accepting new patients. I never got that call. When I asked her answering service if Dr. Lewis was out of town or something, they put me on hold and then transferred me to another voice message stating she is out for a family death but it was from months ago. Dr. Lewis, if you're going to make your own appts, have the common courtesy to return a message. The fact that you did not after repeated attempts only shows that fact that you are flaky and, more than likely, a poor medical practitioner. I am also contacting Health Partners to let them know of my experience.

Posted on July 13th, 2017