Dr. Bharat Desai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 28th, 2016
I LOVE Dr. Desai and the whole team! I am always treated with such respect and genuine care and concern for my overall health. My feet and I thank him and his team!!

November 1st, 2016
EMT/CCMA
Dr. Desai treated me like I was a friend. His confidence was comforting. I've lived with this condition for many years, Doc is the first to say he could "fix" me even with all the damage I had. Also, he treated my wife like family, which is a very important aspect of treatment.

October 18th, 2016
Dr. Desai is an awesome guy! This is my third foot surgery and I am confident with his care. He takes the time to explain what is going on, what he plans to do to fix it, and listens to my concerns. He is very personable and I feel like he truly cares about me as his patient! I feel I am receiving the best care!

September 28th, 2016
He was great. Listened to all my concerns and answered my questions. Gave me explanations of everything.

September 28th, 2016
Overall experience with Dr. Desai has been good. I was put on antibiotics with that I was told it was precautionary to find that my knee replacement was postponed with Dr. Peace. Dr. Peace assistant informed me that a doctor would not put me on antibiotics if I did NOT have an infection, this caused some confusion and frustration on my part. Also, I had a few stitches pop and it has been draining, I'm unsure why additional stitches were not added as the wrapping has not resolved the opening. Just a bit frustrated and I understand there may not be much Dr. Desai can do other than what he's doing. I would and will recommend him as I know every case is different.

August 11th, 2016
I had two surgeries at the same time (my right foot and my right knee). The doctors and staff did an excellent job of coordinating the surgeries and pre- and post-op instructions.

November 23rd, 2015
Dr. Desai did my foot surgery and was amazing. He is very personable and spends ample time answering my questions. I recommend him to anyone who has foot problems.

March 24th, 2014
Great experience
In all, I went through four surgeries with Dr. Desai to repair two broken talus bones (one was in 11 pieces) and a ruptured tendon. I could not be happier with the results. 6 months out from the accident and I have 20+ days on the skis, 2 days on the mountain bike, and I am about to start climbing again. While I still have some work to do at PT to get full range of motion back in one ankle, I am thrilled with my recovery to date. Dr. Desai is clearly a knowledgeable and skilled ankle surgeon with the capacity to work through and solve complex injuries. Some here have suggested Dr. Desai did not communicate well with them - I found that I sometimes had to ask direct questions to get direct answers, but never felt short on information when I took the initiative to understand my own situation. I did received follow up calls from Dr. Desai after each surgery and regularly from his assistant during my recovery period. Staff was great all around. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Desai to a friend or family member in need of orthopedic ankle surgery.

August 25th, 2012
Terrible
I had read the reviews here about Dr. Desai and should have known better. I had him perform surgery a few months ago and have been extremely dissapointed in the level of care from the beginning. His office is a patient factory that churns through as many patients as possible with very little care given to explain treatment and surgery. They streamline the process so much that you are left wondering what happened. Pushing surgery, anastesia, nerve blocks and drugs on to you without advising the risks and reasons behind each treatment. It is simply "We are going to do this". It is obviously all about the money. If you are reading this and thinking about having Dr. Desai perform surgery, get another opinion and go somewhere else!

January 22nd, 2012
Bunion Botch
Never answered my questions, even when i brought them in, typed up. He just leaves the room and sends in his PA to deal with the "aftermath" of a poor outcome of surgery.Left me frustrated, in pain and kept wanting to do cortisone shots. Oh, I can feel the screw sticking out of my foot.

April 11th, 2011
Lousy Doctor
If you want a Dr. that will answer your questions, talk to you or your family after your operation, give you any advice or information on treating yourself I'd recommend going to another Doctor.

October 29th, 2009
Desai IS the ankle doc you want!
I had an ankle surgery from Dr. Desai. I was very pleased with he and his staff. Right now my ankle feels better than it has in 15-20 years. I am a 48 yr old male, very active and i was in severe pain prior to surgery. He comes across as a bad bedside manner, but I believe that to be shyness, period. He really has done me right as far as taking care of my needs and questions and surgery follow-up. I highly recommend as far as ankle surfery. I looked all over the state and country and I turned to him. I could have gone basically to anyone I wanted to go to in the US! Five stars for surgeon!