Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor, Preventive Medicine / Wellness

Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr Pithadias inept care and ignorance ruined our lives  |  show details
by Nick W on May 6th, 2013

In short Dr Bharat Pithadia ruined our lives. For years he under medicated me for a severe thyroid condition which he grossly misdiagnosed by not being able to properly read a simple TSH reading and wrongfully assuming that a high TSH reading meant a HYPER ACTIVE thyroid. In fact it is just the opposite and any doctor should know it. Since an underactive thyroid can exhibit the same symptoms as depression Dr Pithadia prescribed an ongoing chemical soup of mind altering drugs. In that time I gained considerable weight to the point that I couldn't even be weighed on the office scales and eventually reached over 450 pounds. Dr Pithadia still refused to prescribe thyroid saying "Mr Wagner it would be irresponsible of me to prescribe thyroid medication because it could give you heart palpitations". I can STILL hear that ringing in my ears. Like 450 pounds of fat isn't going to harm me. Dr Pithadia is an incompitent moron and he knows who I am so I invite him to sue me if I have said anything false. I would love nothing more than to see him in court and get the truth out. If what I say is true, and he knows it is, he knows it, and pharamacutical records and tests will bare my facts out. I left Dr Pithadias care at the advice of a therapist who shared the same waiting room. Dr Manakis saved my life by recognizing my severe thyroid condition. Under the care of Dr Manakis I lost 150 pounds in just over a year but the years I spent trusting the care of Dr Pithadia I will never get back. He did all of this to me while grossly OVER medicating my wife. What he did to my wife was even worse. Dr Pithadia threw pills at her like they were going out of style. A 38 year old 140 pound woman was prescribed 40 mg of PAXIL, look up the side effects of even 20 mg given to a full grown man, 300 mg of Wellbutrin and 3 mg of XANAX a day. It fried her mind and changed her from the woman I married into a woman I didn't even know.. Look up the side effects and draw your own conclusions. When my wife recalled the behavior she had undertaken while on this chemical soup she told Dr Pithadia and, after going out and checking his computer, he reduced her dose of every one of those drugs that he had put her on but the damage was done. I think he realized at that moment what he had done but he didn't let on it could be his fault. Why would I say these things if they weren't true? I'm sure many of Dr Pithadias patients think he's a fine doctor, as did my wife and I, but they need to know the risk they are taking. It's up to them what they do with the information but I would not wish on anybody the pain and heartache that Dr Pithadia has visited on us. As I said before, if these things are NOT TRUE I invite the incompetent quack to take whatever action he thinks he deems prudent but Dr Pithadia knows these things are true and if he would take legal action the flood gates would open up and the tests, records, pharmacutical records, etc, would all come out. If that happened he would probably lose his license to practice because the cat would be out of the bag. If life were fair he would be charged with criminal negligence but the fact that he IS a licensed doctor proves that life isn't fair at all. Please. Take what I have said and ask yourself it it's worth your health or happiness to risk having Dr Pithadia as your doctor just because some people, many with the same conditions I described, believe he is a caring doctor. A person can be caring and still be incompetent. Don't mistake the jovial smile and cheery bedside manner for something it's not. Con men throughout history have used the same tools very effectively.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Wendy F. on Dec 1st, 2008

Dr. Pithadia is very thorough and will always take the time to find out exactly what is wrong with you. He is the best Doctor I have ever had.