Dr. Bharat Parikh MD Patient Reviews

1.8

April 19th, 2016
incompeetent WORST encounter ever; go back and get training

August 28th, 2015
Bad
1st off, how does he even get two stars when - like me - the other reviews only give him one star? Should have been a big clue when the receptionist had me pay the co-pay BEFORE I was seen by him. After the 5 minute visit where I had to pry answers - not good, clear, informative ones either - out of him, I was very disappointed in him. Did not do ANY standard procedures that ANY doctor should do such as taking my weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, etc. Also told me to have my regular doctor prescribe the medicine I need, he would not prescribe me anything, even what he thought I should be taking! Will not see him again. PERIOD!

June 28th, 2014
Arrogant man. Misdiagnosed my mother as having a stroke and Parkinson's. Both WRONG. Then after seizures referred her to an oncologist! After having three seizures - to which he prescribed no anti seizure medicines, we were finally referred to UF in Gainesville and she was diagnosed correctly with a brain tumor and put on anti seizure medicine within 6 hours of admission. Went back to him for medication management and he ends up telling us he doesn't want to see us anymore because we didn't take his advice (we had three other doctors who didn't agree with his advice) and he said we missed a previous appointment (ah because my mom was in the hospital!! Bad doctor who doesn't know his stuff - preying on older people.

November 10th, 2013
Do Not Use this Neurologist!!!
Dr. Parikh is a bad doctor, plain and simple. He has a "hit & run" approach to patient care. He completely neglected to inform my mother & I that she had had at least 2 strokes. He told us she had "considerable brain shrinkage & moderate dementia." He said he would provide a prescription to slow the process, and left the room. I chased him down the hall to ask questions about her ability to live alone, drive, etc. His answers were brief, and he offered no additional information. Here we are, 2 yrs. later, and I've taken my mother to a different neurologist, after getting attitude from Parikh's staff when I called to make her an appointment. Apparently they were annoyed because they had called my mother's number several times to schedule a follow up appointment, and she had not returned their calls. Hello? She has dementia! Working in a neurologist's office, you'd think they'd know to call her caregiver at that point! They had my number, because they read it to me when they told me they'd have to call me back after checking to see if the doctor would even see her again! My point is, the new neurologist showed me that my mother had had at least two strokes at the time of the MRI Parikh ordered & reviewed. He NEVER EVEN MENTIONED THEM!!! It doesn't get worse than that!