Dr. Bhaskar Roy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 8th, 2016
Staff is very rude,

April 7th, 2016
Great Doctor and staff provide great service.

November 24th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. BK Roy for over 15 years. He is a very professional doctor and knows what he's doing. He visited me in the hospital after I had back surgery. His Staff Follows up with me at all times. I am very happy and pleased with his staff's service. He couldn't do this without his staff of over 20 years!

January 23rd, 2015
Dr b k Roy is a disrespectful unkind unthoughtful dr. He was rude worst experience ever with any dr. Do not go to him, his staff were slow and lazy. When I asked for a written option of my treatment he said "it's only 3 things" normally a dr would love to write whatever is needed. Again do not go.

December 2nd, 2014
Great Doc... Very Hard to Reach
Dr. Roy has been very thorough with me, accepts input and argues with me in all the right places when I try to show him how much I learned via Google. He's not afraid to make a diagnosis and treat, which is rare in a field that has cowered to evidence-based medicine too often of late. The downside of his practice is the irritating lack of a person to return a call. A live person doesn't answer the phone -- you get to leave a message only after a way-too-long recording, and then you wait, and wait for a return of call... that often results in a voice mail and then a do-loop of more message-leaving and waiting. Patients seeking specialists like Dr. Roy deserve better access to care.

May 8th, 2014
Ridiculous wait time & impolite careless staff
Our appointment was pushed back by 2 hours while dr chose to see his old patients who showed up an hour or so after us before me. The doctor flat out said I have to take care of my current patients before new patients although our appointment was before them. The office was also very dirty and unsanitary. Dr Roy himself barely spent 15 minutes with me and disregarded most of my concerns regarding my metabolic issues as normal. His diagnosis was poor and I had to seek second opinion immediately. I reported my com ain't to office manager who didn't even care to call me back. But my complaint to the board is pending. This doctor is about money and has no passion or care in his practice

May 6th, 2014
Poor experience
Office looked dirty and dusty, lazy staff. Poor bedside manner, spent no time explaining anything to me. Then he so grandly proclaimed to me that I could not have the these issues I was describing to him because I did not have an enlarged thyroid. I leave the office in tears in the way I was treated. Im looking for another Dr. that will be more caring to my medical health needs.

January 10th, 2014
One year after an unscheduled parathyroid/ thyroid removal and seeing an Endocrinologist from Bryan, TX, I still was not improving. Three months after seeing Dr. Roy I had improved 85%. My energy is back, I am able to put in a full day at work, and I can see improvement every day. Dr. Roy is very knowledgeable in many areas and is able to apply it to his practice. He is to the point, blunt sometimes but he is interested in your well being. He is the real deal.

November 25th, 2013
I could share my wonderful experience, however I would just be repeating what everyone else has stated. Dr. Roy is awesome. I am in Kuwait at the moment and I have been given medication for thyroid issue and I'm afraid to take without Dr. Roy giving the o.k. I trust Dr.Roy.... enough said :-)

September 30th, 2013
patient
Dr Roy is excellent doctor. He listens very well and offers options for my treatment of diabetes Very pleasant staff also

June 12th, 2013
Excellent empathetic doctor
Dr B.K . Roy ,spent so much time to understand my problem , he was not in a rush at all to diagnose my problem. He even went to the extent of suggesting me to do yoga and other exercises and was against prescribing medications as he felt i was too young for all that . He is a great doctor who empathizes your problem makes your life better with suggestions (if possible ) just through diet and exercises . He does not believe in prescribing unnecessary medication and rules out most of the common hormonal problems just by examining or inquiring about symptoms. His intention is not to even make us perform unnecessary tests , can understand what he does with his 35 years of experience . I selected him because he graduated from one of the best medical institute from India. Not everyone would get a seat there .

March 19th, 2013
See Him!
Dr. Roy is wonderful! I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism in '07 and have never found a doctor who would listen to me, explain what is going on with my body, and give me the correct meds. 24 hours after taking the correct meds I feel calm and stable. Years after telling doctors something was wrong with my heartbeat Dr. Roy found I had an extra heartbeat. His years of experience has made him a wonderful doctor!