A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bhawna Halwan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bhawna Halwan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Halwan graduated from Universidade Federal Da Bahia, Salvador.
Dr. Halwan has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Winthrop University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Halwan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 4 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 15 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan