A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bhawna Halwan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bhawna Halwan is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Halwan
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Halwan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bhawna Halwan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Halwan graduated from Universidade Federal Da Bahia, Salvador.
Dr. Halwan has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Winthrop University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bhawna DR Halwan MD is a female Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Bhawna D. Halwan practice?
- Dr. Bhawna Halwan has 5 office locations.
Dr. Bhawna Halwan practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near East Setauket, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Mineola, NY and Brooklyn, NY.
See East Setauket Internists and East Setauket Gastroenterologists.