Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

3.0

This Doctor Loves The Pharmaceutical Reps show details This Doctor Loves The Pharmaceutical Reps
Mar 30th, 2015

Had Dr. Mishra years ago. Absolute nightmare. Didn't realize it. Emergency nurse was the best.

by Paulette (Bonnie) Keul on Jan 30th, 2015

Dr Mishra has been my Dr for many years and I wouldn't trade him for all the doctors in the world! he is the best! He takes his time with each patient as if you are his only one. He has a heart for every individual. You may have ti wait a while for your appointment but you get equile treatment when it is your turn. I love him!

7-11 quality of service show details 7-11 quality of service
Jan 13th, 2015

This has to be my worst medical experience ever. I had a bad head concussion and needed doctor to refer me to get a CT scan. My appointment was at 11am; at 11:30 his front desk calls the lady before me whose been there since 10:30am. I said to her “I have to be out by noon, what is the holdup” and she explained replied that the doctor had an emergency in the morning to tend to, so had to delay us all. Ok, I thought to myself, be patient and ignore the fact that a hospital trip for the doctor is more financially profitable than seeing me. So 15 mins later my name comes up, yay an hour later. I am placed in the “next” room. At 12:00 Dr. Mishra shows up, asks me why I’m here and then says “take your shoes off so I can test you, I’ll be right back.” I wait 15 mins and start to wonder what happened? I put my shoes on and walk out, I see the Doc having a lovely conversation with his staff about dining in NY, he can’t see me so I wait to see when he notices, he eventually does after 10 mins. He turns around and says oh sorry let’s talk in the room, at that point I was livid. I tell him how unprofessional he is and rude, guess what he replies? Doc says “you obviously don’t understand the medical profession and don’t understand I had to run to the hospital” That’s when I say, so why did you tell me 30 mins ago to take my shoes off and run away to have a hall conversation. He responds “let me explain to you the medical profession”. I cut him off and said” you already wasted my time, you assume you know what I know and don’t know (I am a Doctor but didn’t want to tell him at that point), and your too arrogant to apologize.” He then says “ok obviously you broke (yes he’s referring to me) the doctor/patient trust and Ill give you a slip to do some tests and next time you can see my partner.” Ok first, he still didn’t check me out and he was about to write some tests for me, second he assumes I broke the trust because I refused to wait for two hours, and third why would I want to come back. Lord help me, I said “no don’t bother I’ll just go to ER.” I did and got scanned and sent home in 3 hours at ER. Do you see the irony 3 hours tested and scanned at ER while at Mishra’s joint, two hours waiting for his arrogant self to show up? Seriously I cannot still believe this happened at a doctor’s office, felt like a trip to 7-11.

Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Bibhuti B. Mishra is arrogant, self centered and makes you wait over an hour til he see's you.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Humera jahani on Sep 24th, 2014

He is a great Doctor, I wish I didn't have to wait that long to see him.

So unproffesional staff show details So unproffesional staff
by What-a-bad-place on Jul 25th, 2014

Very rude staff- unprofessional and inefficient. It is amazing how a place like this can be in practice. I called today and ask for a follow up on a MRI that was supposed to be scheduled Wendy said: "doctor decided not to do it" I asked why she didn't call to notify me, Wendy started screaming at me, I told her to lower her voice and she scream one more time and hanged up on me. They must be getting patients because of the referrals. I called her back and asked to speak to a supervisor, Wendy said she is the supervisor. Wendy now refuses to let me speak to the doctor, because she knows I will complaint about her.

Rude staff show details Rude staff
Jul 20th, 2014

The staff I talk to ( Wendy ) was very rude , abrasive, unprofessional in her demeanor, and has poor communication skills with patient and their families. Her behavior is not only rude and unprofessional but she is insulting to the patient's intelligence

by MR on Nov 24th, 2013

Start to finish, wonderful experience. Very friendly staff. Friendly nurse. And Doctor Mishra himself was extremely attentive, caring, knowledgeable, and professional. I never once felt like he was in a hurry, or anything bothered him. 10/10 experience. I trust him and defiantly will recommend him to family and friend.

Not going back show details Not going back
Oct 1st, 2013

He is quite pleasant unless you question him or mention that the treatment he has prescribed isn't working. At that point, he just wants you to find a new doctor. He is very condescending. He also is very, very late every time I've been to him and he does not apologize. It is like you should be so happy he is seeing you, any inconvenience and wait should be fine. To be fair, when it is your turn, he does spend time with you. I've been four or five time and I won't be returning. There is no benefit in it for me.

One of the worst doctors show details One of the worst doctors
by F on Jul 29th, 2013

This is one of the worst doctors I have ever been to. his bedside manner is horrible. His receptionist is RUDE. As for an accurate diagnosis forget about that. This doctor makes up his own diagnosis without seeing your medical records. This is definitely not someone I will ever see again.

Dont go there show details Dont go there
Jul 24th, 2013

I went to Dr. Mishra by referral. If I had to deal with his staff in the first instance . . I would never have gone. they are rude, inept and officious. Dr. Mishra is knowledgeable but rushed. If you like being treated like ignorant trash and being made to wait, this is the place for you.

Problems with Doctor AND Staff show details Problems with Doctor AND Staff
May 23rd, 2013

RE the doctor, all was fine until I had a spinal tap that he ordered. I got a headache two days later and finally got in to see him and he gave me migraine medicine! AND turns out if I had gone back to the hospital for a blood patch I would have been spared what turned out to be an 8-day headache that kept me out of work and mostly in bed! I just don't get it. RE the staff, very hard to work with. Took me 4 days to get information emailed (a list of medications recommended). They schedule appointments too close together!

Disability reviewer show details Disability reviewer
Apr 24th, 2013

Called this doctors office to follow up on a request for records that had been pending for over 2 months. The nurse who answered the phone was extremely rude and unprofessional. She hung up on me and then called me back based on caller ID to yell at me again. Our office had called several times and left MULTIPLE messages with no response. STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE. Clearly, the staff are not interested in being patient advocates.

Oct 2nd, 2012

Staff are very poor and Doctor is always late up to 1 hr however he is a good doctor

Practice in Decline show details Practice in Decline
Feb 9th, 2012

Dr. Mishra once had a effective and caring practice. It is now in decline as he is spending increasing amounts of time out of the country and out of contact. The administrative staff are rude, unhelpful, and completely ineffective.

Jul 7th, 2011

Dr. Mishra is an excellent doctor. His staff is curt, rude and unresponsive They all seem to be in foul moods and it is taken out on the patient. I called 5 times to determine if a fax was sent out and on the 6th attempt the man (Tim) who works in the McLean office was very edgy to me. I wonder if this is a case where the Dr. Mishra is completely unaware that his staff lacks professionalism anddo not provide the appropriate courtesies that a patient should expect. I am debating whether or not to go to my follow up appointment because of the bad behavior of the front office.

Professor show details Professor
Jun 13th, 2011

My overall experience was wonderful. Unfortunately, my initial contact with Dr. Mishra was as a minor stroke patient at the ER Fairfax Nova, but everything from there on out was wonderful. He is kind and caring, and I was fortunate to get an appointment in a relatively short time.

by Fred Anklam on Oct 31st, 2010

Dr. Mishra diagnosed my Guillain-Barre syndrome and treated me effectively. I had never met him before he was consulted by telephone (on the recommendation of my family practice doctor) by the emergency room staff late at night. He was at my bedside early the next morning (about 7 a.m.) and reviewed for me what he thought was happening, the tests he had to run to confirm his initial diagnoses and what the course of treatment and recovery would be. He was very compassionate. I saw him numerous times during about a two-three-month period when I was struggling with the impact of the syndrome. When i had a relapse of symptoms and returned to the hospital he brought other specialists, without my asking, to review my case and see if he had missed anything. I found him to be very cary and always willing to answer questions, fill out paperwork for my disability payments and offer encouragement through the course of the syndrome.

Oct 26th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Mishra and his nurse. They are great. I have been to several Neurologists and he is the first doctor that has been able to bring some relieve to my headaches.