Anesthesiologist, Pain Medicine

8761 E Bell Rd
Ste 105
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480-473-7246
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Doc!!! very caring! Good at what he does...  |  show details
by George W on May 5th, 2013

This doctor is a nice guy!!!. He went beyond his way to get me better. He made me avoid back surgery. Am back to work!!. I Took my wife there. He took care of her issue as well. Cannot recommend him more!!.

|  Couldn't Find a better doc!!  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

He said he will take care of my chronic pain and he did. He took very good care of me and I appreciate that... Thomas J

|  Did great job on my neck, thank you!!  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

I has 2-level fusion on my neck 4 years ago. I hurt my neck wrestling with my teenager son. Surgery above the fusion was recommended. Dr. Shanti said he will take care of the arm numbness and he did. He was great with me and I appreciate that

|  Very caring and knowledgeable Doctor  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Shanti for some time now. He is always professional but also warm and friendly. He shows an interest in hearing input my husband and I want to contribute. If he is unable to relieve the pain, he determines what else can be done. He is very cautious when it comes to medication, which I appreciate greatly. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a pain management physician.

|  Thanks Doc.., Awesome Work!!  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

He got rid of my left leg pain after one injection. Was right on with his explanation and what to expect. Got great sedation and didn't feel a thing with the injection... I highly recommend him.

Sep 28th, 2011

Falsified medical records on multiple occasions.

|  Awesome Doctor!!  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

Very few doctors know how to deal with Fibromyalgia...Dr. Shanti is one of them. He was very professional, caring, and to the point. Thanks to him I can lead my life again. Would definitely recommend him!!

|  What a great Doctor  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2011

I am blessed to have been treated by this very knowledgeable Doctor. After suffering with intense pain for years, he found the problem quickly and relieved it with treatment. He is a kind and caring doctor, who is very interested in helping those who are hurting.

by no longer a patient.... on Mar 30th, 2011

...the most false statement he could have made. Did not care that the plan he put me on would make me miserable. He said, "I know!" Then, I was talking to his office staff about her family, she is a family friend, had not anything to do with my visit... paranoid as he maybe, insist his staff was not a doctor and I was not to talk to her.

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

Today, I've seen an excellent physician like I wished to see from along time ago. Caring, absolutely compassionate, good listner, perfect bed manners and accurate diagnosis. I will have injections with him for my neck so I can cuddle and carry on my little daughter. I will trust this Doctor for all what he decides for me.

|  This is one great Doctor!!!  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

Dr. Shanti spent more time with me than any of the 6 pain doctors I saw for my bad back. He was kind, accurate, and thorough. He gave me diagnosis that nobody else did and gave me a block that worked in one week, just as he said. I will definitely recommend him to my family...

|  Dr. Shanti (Wonderful Doctor)  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2010

I have recommended Dr. Shanti to friends and family members that need a good pain management doc. He is well groomed, kind, quiet, friendly, professional, and was a great asset to my pain management. Dr. Shanti gave me my life back, he took me off many meds, without withdrawals and gave me new meds that actually helped without taking my mind away from me. He has given me back my old self, my family is grateful to him for giving their mom, and daughter back to them. I can say without a doubt, Dr. Shanti, knows what he is doing and can be a great help to those that are willing to do the things required to get them as pain free as possible without all the mind altering drugs given by most doctors. He is my hero! I would send anyone to him with worry.

|  Compassionate Physician, Great Doc!!!  |  show details
by Anthony P. on Aug 18th, 2010

Treated me with respect, spent a lot of time with me, more than any of the other 5 pain Docs I saw before him. He delivered good care and I have very little pain at this time..

|  Doc in Town  |  show details
by Darshan on Aug 4th, 2010

Bilal Shanti is a very good physician. The Services offered by Dr. Bilal Shanti is Good.

|  Excellent Doc.  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2010

Bilal Shanti is a very-very good Doctor...

|  Crook  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

He has been indicted on fraud charges in Texas for practicing without a license. just google his name!!!

|  He knows what he's doing  |  show details
by AJ on Jun 19th, 2010

I've been to many doctors for my back pain. Nobody could take care of me as Dr. Shanti did. He gave me a diagnosis and treated my back problem. He gave me my life back!!

by Mike I on May 10th, 2010

In with a bad back. 10 years, many doctors, every diagnosis in the book. Did not get this solved until I met Dr Shanti.Excellent, excellent, excellent.

|  Great Doctor !  |  show details
by Brian on Feb 2nd, 2010

Took time to listen to everything I had to say. Took time to do a physical exam. Got me in for Injections within 2 days to help ease the pain. Easy to talk to and get along with. Was able to explain what was the cause of my pain in a way I could understand it. My last doctor would say try this and let me know how you feel next time your in.

|  Very qualified, kind, and compassionate  |  show details
by P.H. on Jan 21st, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Shanti by my primary care MD. It has since been a wonderful experience with him. My shingles pain has almost disappeared. I saw about 3 doctors for the same issue and they couldn't help me. Dr. Shanti explained to me that shingles pain is challenging to treat and that I will need to be patient while we try a few options and medications. He spent a lot of time with me and explained all about the medications. I had the same side effects that he warned me of initially and now I can enjoy about 90% better pain relief. His staff is courteous and kind. By the way, he has some cool Blues records in his office.

|  I highly recommend Dr. Shanti  |  show details
by Ann Trout on Jan 8th, 2010

I have had surgery and have been to chiropractors, physical therapists and 3 pain specialists since hurting my back. 2 pain specialists were excellent and one was O.K. Dr. Shanti is one of the excellent ones. His bedside manner is wonderful, his knowledge and experience superb and his skill unmatched. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a pain specialist. I am still in a lot of pain but have improved quite a bit since I started seeing him. I know I will just keep improving.

Dec 25th, 2009

So far Dr Shanti has been great. He is very caring and friendly. Spends as much time as needed with me and has been able to ease my back pain and I found I had a condition I didn't know I had which explained the pain I was having. I've had no issue with "money" as a couple of reviews have mentioned, in fact I've never been asked for payment...I just paid. Honestly don't remember being told cash or check only I just pay by check. I like the fact he is so very polite and soft spoken, makes me feel comfortable.

|  Very Good Doctor. I will recommend him to friends and family  |  show details
by Thomas G. on Dec 18th, 2009

Rare to find doctors like him at this time... I was referred to this MD by my chiropractor for long-standing back issues after surgery. He told me that my options are medications, physical therapy, or injections. I had 2 injections with him. I no longer have the pain in my legs.. He did what he said he will do, spent a lot of time with me, and was very kind and compassionate. His bed side manners were very good and he is very polite.

|  Great Doc!!  |  show details
by Kimberly on Nov 5th, 2009

Very Compassionate, knows his stuff, spent a lot of time with me.

Oct 1st, 2009

great physician caring,thorough,accurate diagnosis,and effective treatment.

|  A wonderful caring physician  |  show details
by Rich Landucci on Sep 22nd, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Shanti by my pain management physician for treatment of back pain. Dr. Shanti spent quite a bit of time with me reviewing my previous problems, surgeries, etc. I found him to be quite a gentleman who had a very caring, encouraging, and supportive air about him. He later performed two epidural procedures which helped. Later, I developed very severe pain running down my right leg. Dr. Shanti told me he would perform a procedure and the pain would be gone. As it turned out, he did exactly as promised! My pain was gone immediately and completely! After all of the many procedures I have endured over many years I never have had a doctor promise something of this nature and have it happen.I would recommend Dr. Shanti to anyone looking for a pain management/ anesthesiologist.

|  ignores the patient, rude, insulting,real jerk!!!  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2009

Answers the phone while with the patient and talks about his upcoming meeting, really rude after waiting 35 mins to get in. Just looked at his computer, not my records. Was worried about the fact that I did not have cash or a check on me to pahy for the visit, I told him nobody told me it was cash or check only...he basically called me a liar! He acted like I had no problem at all, well why do I have 17 years of documentation showing I do, but he did not bother to look at any of it! Real jerk, check out his utube video.

|  laila  |  show details
by laila on Sep 7th, 2009

very professional attentive to his patient's needs.provide good quality of care.

Jul 28th, 2009

Bad doctor!! He was more concerned about the money he was getting paid (cash or check)which I was not told until I got in. The doctor just kept commenting about the money, he does not like to treat without the money, he gave no valid treatment or option for me just that it was my fault I was in pain! I am so sick of these arrogant doctors that have no concern with the patient, just the money Hmmmm just cash or check?? Why did he not take care of my pain? is he affraid of the DEA? That seems to be typical. but he got an office visit from me. He only gives shots, shots that I was told cause more problems with arthritis...but it is all of my fault!!