Dr. Billy Clowney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 2nd, 2015
Attentive,Provide Details, actions taken and explains medication and listens to patients concerns.

October 30th, 2012
about staff
i have no problem with dr Clowney.. very good manners and caring...HIS staff on the other hand is worthless...They do not follow through with making appt. for you.Always have an excuse why they dont call back..I can see 1 time but not 3 times of excuses within 4 weeks... Staff like that gives a dr a bad name...

August 11th, 2011
My mother is a patient of Dr. Clowney. The problem is that he has no plan of action. He tries to be very positive, which sometimes can be a bad thing. You can never get a straight answer from him. My mother is currenlty in the hospital, the family doesn't know why and I think Dr. Clowney doesn't know either. Everything is an assumption that it is because of her cancer. No tests have been done to confirm or deny the assumption and if they have done any test Dr. Clowney has not informed the family.

July 26th, 2011
One experience
Dr. Clowney is wonderful doctor and has a great bedside manner. He takes his time with you and answers all your questions without making you feel like he is a hurry. His office staff on the hand is another story. Janie, his receptionist is so rude and unfriendly you wonder how she keeps her job?? The ladies that call you back to take blood and your vitals are extremely unfriendly and the frowns on their faces makes you wonder why they are working there. Now to be fair, if you talk and smile at them sometimes they will smile, a little. Are they unhappy with their job or just unhappy all the time? Which leads to the next question, why does Dr. Clowney keep all these rude people employed when he is so caring?? The chemo nurses, Deana and Kathy are a delight. They always make you feel welcome, even when they are having a rift amongst themselves. (Which should be kept private) Now the cleaniness of the infusion room does make you wonder if they ever clean the place, ugh! The chairs are dirty and the blankets look like they are never laundered. So my advise, if you are having chemo there take a sheet to drape your chair, a pillow for your head and definitely your own blanket. Then you can sit back and relax while they infuse you.

May 30th, 2010
he's the best
after seeing 9 other doctors from sumter, columbia, and orangeburg..I was fortunate enough to get in the care of Dr. Clowney. When all my hope was gone, and feeling like my faith was being tested at this point..I was given a new light, a new direction. He has successfully found out what was my health problem, and has given me hope once again. I thank god for crossing our paths. I never doubt his knowledge or opinions of my treatment. I truly believe he saved me. It's with heartfelt sadness that my family will be pc'sing soon and he won't be treating me anymore. I pray that my next doctor in the other state will be able to pick up where we left off here with my treatment. My family and I will always carry Dr. Clowney in our hearts.

May 20th, 2010
unprofessional office
My mom was a patient there and the staff was so unprofessional that it makes you wonder if Dr. Clowney knows how to run an office! The nurses fight in front of the patients, the receptionists are rude, there is NO privacy when discussing payment, the office manager who has the title of Doctor, doesn't even have a license to practice in this country which leaves a lot of questions????? and the billing department is a joke! You may not get your bill for quite a few months and then they nail you with a Huge amount! Dr. Clowney on the other hand, is overly affection with some of his staff and the rumors of his alleged affairs don't help the situation. The whole group is just sadly unprofessional and I am embarrassed for them.

June 16th, 2009
Dr. Billy Clowney has a excellent bedside manner and he is a very caring man. He see's you as a person, not a paycheck, and his dedication to the welofare of his patients is second to none. The only problem is that Dr. Clowney is the best one of the best oncologist in the state and he see;s so many patients so if you have a 10:00 a.m. appt. you will be lucky to see him before 1:00 p.m. We have waited as long as 6 hours for my mother to be seen. He reception staff leaves a lot of room for improvement. They are rude and lazy. The nursing staff is great.Dr. Clowney does not have a great team of doctors to work with. His choice of radiologist and surgeons is limited to 1 radiologist and a few surgeons in one group. They are not in the same league as Dr. Clowney. They allowed a tumor to grow for six years after saying that they had got all of her cancer. Even when it returned and they sent her 40 miles away for a PET scan, they still missed a new tumor that will probably kill her and she went through massive amounts of chemo and radiation and then finally gave her a colonostomy. Dr. Clowney is now treating her for pain management and in a few months he will usechemo to try and shrink the tumor, but he did not say anything about being able to cure her, and this I blame on her other cancer Dr.s. Dr. Clowney is a great Dr. but he is limited by the hospital and other Dr.s required to properly treat a cancer patient.