Dr. Billy Huh MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2016
No Doctor of Mine
Dr. Huh should no longer practice medicine. He is a butcher, he doesn't listen or care about his patient's needs. He is considered an Anesthesiologist but, can perform Nero-Surgery. That makes a whole lot of sense? Not. He performed four failed surgeries on me, blatantly doing what he felt like doing and what not I (the patient) requested that he do.

May 1st, 2013
My impression was assembly line treatment. Seemed rushed for time and not interested in my situation or history. Basically asked where it hurt and gave injections that helped somewhat for a few weeks. Asked about other options on next visit. He said we had to give injections more time and was out the door with no further elaboration. This time the injections caused bruising and increased pain. Requested a different doctor but it seems Duke doctors are more than reluctant to see another Duke doctor's patient. Unfortunately most doctors on my insurance are with Duke, but I will not go back.

January 22nd, 2013
Just Doesn't care if you are in pain
The most insentive doctor I've ever met in a position where he's supposed to help people. He is the medical director of the pain clinic at Duke hospital and is supposed to be an expert on complex regional pain syndrome. The pain from this condition is excrusiating. He diagnosed me with this condition as well as nerve damage which is permanent. He did speak with me about getting a neurostimulator, but wanted me to get evaluated for my depression first. When I asked him to take over management of my pain medications, he LIED and told me the clinic doesn't do that. He refused to cover me with any pains medication to address my suffering. When I asked him what I was supposed to do in the meantime. He told me he didn't know. I could not get in to see the clinic psychiatrist for months at that time, and I was so depressed from the pain that I sought out a psychiatrist on my own. My daughters best friend's father was a doctor and he recommended someone. I saw him for a period of two years while going to counseling, biofeedback, cognitive behavioral traiining at the Duke Pain Clinic. The psychiatrist I saw prescribed pain medication and tried to address my depression related to pain. A situation came up and he was unable to prescribe pain medication or offer continued psych services, so I returned to the anesthesiology dept in the pain clinic for help again. I was able to see their psychiatrist and he was concerned because Dr. Huh had not offered me any other kind of treatment beside the neurostimulator. When I asked him why Dr. Huh had also told me that the clinic doesn't offer pharmaceutical pain management, he couldn't answer me. This doctor also prescribed pain medicine for me and had me schedule some sort of nerve block with Dr. Huh. Though the medication does not completely relieve my pain, it does make it more toleable. I really can't imagine trying to live with this pain, without some sort of pain medication. It seems Huh doesn't care at all about his patient's suffering and would rather lie about the services available than offer them. What is particularly concerning is that this is supposed to be hospital and clinic that addresses pain for those of us with severe pain issues. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

August 8th, 2012
Expect to be treated as dirt!
No matter your pain or condition affecting it, you will be brought in for an expensive four hour wait. After a treatment plan is devised, you are left hanging on for months waiting for surgery. The office staff will not answer the phone or respond to voice mail at all. You will be left in agonizing pain with a doctor of whom will not even respond to e-mail or voice mail. This person should be arrested and charged with impersonating a doctor. His surgical techniques are antiquated and you will not be given any pain meds at all other than Tylenol,even post-op. He is an irresponsible barbarian whom enjoys inflicting pain and suffering upon other people. It is beyond my understanding as to why Duke University would carry such an unprofessional person on their payroll.

December 6th, 2011
Dr. Huh is excellent. I was seeing an orthopedist after a car accident a year ago, and this other guy could not figure out what was going on and pretty much threw his hands up after six months. Not only did Dr. Huh immediately figure out what was wrong, he listens to my concerns, answers all of my questions, and has been wonderful. I would highly recommend him.

November 2nd, 2011
I have been going to the Duke pain clinic for over 8 years and usually see Allison Taylor and she is the BEST!Allison takes all the time YOU need.Both Dr.Huh and Allison Taylor are concerned with how much and what kind of pain medicine they prescribe for every patient.It is my thought that they want their patients to take as low a dose as possible of pain meds to control pain,that way they can increase the dose if needed.Dr. Huh can be a bit brusque if he thinks you are just looking for drugs or are "doctor shopping".He is there to help patients who want to help themselves and follow his directions.I wouldn't go anywhere else! As it is I travel 1 hour each way every 3 months.

August 10th, 2011
Dr. Huh? Good name.
This man does not read previous medical procedures in a referral patient cases, inquires to the insurance company about procedures he never discusses with his patients, does not answer questions, does not follow the treatment he discusses, duplicates same previous treatments, bills you 320.00 to deliver a letter to his office, he performed a procedure on my wife and went into the wrong vertebrae. Why would anyone in their right mind go to this hack?

April 17th, 2011
complex regional pain syndrome
This was my first appointment with Dr. Huh. I was referred to his office for CRPS. I have been seeing my doctors here where I live for over a year. I have appointments with them at least once a month and to this date they still don't remember who I am and what they have been seeing me for. Not only did Dr. Huh know who I was on the first visit but he had obviously taken the time to review the information forwarded to him in advance of my visit because he was familiar with the results of the tests and MRIs that had been performed over the past year. He listened to my story and laid out a reasonable plan to try to mitigate the symptoms I am experiencing. So far, to this point, Dr. Huh has met my expectations.

April 17th, 2011
great dr. all around
ive sufferd for years been pushed from dr. to dr. this has been the first help ive got since 95 dr. huh is very funny very conpacionate and knows about pain i have five kids and have never been able to enjoy there life untill the last 9 months if your really suffering from pain hes there to help im living proof...

February 2nd, 2011
The most obviously aloof uncaring doctor!
Obviously disinterested in my mother as a person. When she said she couldn't understand what he was saying, he said "That's OK she can tell you" Rude. Does not follow the treatment plan recited to family. It took 5 phone calls over 3 days to get communication from him regarding patient's response to medication. Didn't utter a word when asked why he varied from the treatment plan he had previously outlined. An antithesis to the quality of Duke care!!

October 12th, 2010
worth the wait
The Duke pain clinic often overbooks, then patients take a lot of their providers' time. But Dr. Huh and his PA Alison Taylor are top notch. If I didn't already know it, I only have to compare them to the care I've rec'd since moving to another state. Dr. Huh is funny and he knows his stuff. Alison is excellent, caring, never in a hurry, takes her time.

October 8th, 2010
HORRIBLE!!
Started OK, setting up appointments for CT, physical therapy and biofeedback. When I showed up for a follow-up appointment, I was escorted out by an armed guard! He had discharged me without notification or explanation! I have not gotten the results of the CT scan or the biofeedback (3 hours of testing). The biofeedback doc is in the same clinic as Huh and will not return my calls for results, although he promised he would. Huh, office staff and professionals are arrogant, rude and uncaring.