Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist, Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

Carolinas Pain Center PLLC
9735 Kincey Ave
Ste 302
Huntersville, NC 28078
704-500-2332
Locations and availability (1)

|  Best Dr I have ever met.  |  show details
by David Elliott on Feb 21st, 2014

Dr Shah has been a blessing to my family and I. He really cares about his patients and wants to make sure you are taking the right medication for your situation. He does not just load you up on drugs so you are walking around like a zombie. He wants you to be able to enjoy life again. He never gave up on me unlike many other Dr's in the past. He has a wonderful staff who are very helpful and professional. They have always worked with me on my appointments if something came up and I needed to change my appointment. Never before have I met a Dr like him. I highly recommend him to anyone!

|  Amazing Doctor!  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2013

Dr. Shah has taken the time to get to know me and my family. He is compassionate. He remembers personal details. Dr. Shah tries his best to keep my pain under control and I could not recommend him more.

|  Very knowledgeable, compassionate  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Shah does not have what Americans consider a great bedside manner. He can be abrupt. But he is by far one of the most compassionate drs I've seen (and I've seen a lot!). He cares about dealing with pain, and will keep working until he finds a way to give you as much relief as is possible. He is NOT a pill pusher--don't be mistaken. Don't go there looking for a drug handout. But he will guide you to the options you have.

|  I do not recommend  |  show details
by Jane Doe on Aug 6th, 2013

When I saw the doctor, I had 4.5 years worth of pain management records with me, along with my scans, showing my severe spinal damage. The doctor did not review ANY of them upon seeing me. When he saw the medications I had previously been prescribed, he basically told me, he didn't want to help me in any way, shape or form. When the topic of meds came up, he dropped everything I was on and only gave me 7 days supply of medicine, that was 1/6th the dose of just 1 of my daily doses and told me I would not experience any withdrawals from this.he refused to give me a refill until seeing him again, which was 13 days later, which I've obviously cancelled. In my opinion, a doctor who is supposed to be so qualified and knowledgeable, would know and understand, a person can not drop to such an extreme low dose of meds, without any withdrawal effects. I was very willing to decrease my meds and open to suggestions. But he didn't even examine me or look at my records. He just wasted my time!! I strongly suggest you get a second opinion before seeing this doctor. I have since found another doctor, that by the grace of God, was able to see me right away and she was very upset by the actions this doctor took and did not take!! Horrible experience! Left me feeling like I was a normal, healthy individual, with no issues! 4.5 years of records and scans to prove him wrong, and he didn't care one bit!

|  Good experience  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2012

To start, I despise being in pain. I've been in pain for a while. I had a car accident and had six surgeries. One back, two thigh and hip, and both wrists and belly surgery. I saw him after being recommended by a primary doctor. The overall experience was good.His office was easy to find. It is clean and comfortable. Staff is polite and helpful. I needed help with my insurance for medications and they worked it out fast. The wait was about 30 minutes. He was courteous, considerate and professional. He spent more time with me than any other doctor in the past. It was obvious he had read my chart. He knew about my surgeries. We got some lab tests done and an MRI. he then ordered 4 X-rays. The MRI was normal, but the X-ray was not. We made a plan and are treating my pain.After several appointments, I am feeling better, but not pain free. I like him because he pays attention to details. He is not rushed and he truly seems to care.Overall, I give him an A .

|  HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

I was referred to this doctor by my Primary Care physician after a car accident. I was seeing another pain care specialist, but I was told he was very good with injections in particular. He seemed ok at first, but after the second visit, I felt like he didn't listen to my concerns and pain issues. I reiterated to him several times that my issue was muscular, and he didn't seem to get it. The VERY expensive injection he gave me didn't work at all, and after I told him that, he became extremely dismissive towards me. I don't believe he took my pain seriously, which is extremely frustrating for someone that has been in pain for a long period of time. I think he might be ok for someone with joint pain, but if you have any kind of muscular pain, I would recommend a specialist. NOT this doctor. Very disappointed.

|  Pain is gone  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2012

I battled a bad spine problem for almost 2 years. I was seen by 6 different doctors during that time. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Shah. He is excellent. 4 months after seeing him, I am running 3 miles a day, have lost 28 lbs and am off all pain medications. The first day I met him, he had told me that I'm on too many meds... he decreased my medications and changed them first. Then we did some injections near the joints in my spine. Last thing we did was a radio frequency burning of my nerves. Pain is under control now! Good luck!

|  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

We saw Dr. Shah after a long winded 6 months trying to that my wife's headaches. He spent about 40 minutes discussing this with us. One procedure later, all the headaches were gone! Since then, I have become his patient and he will be treating my low back pain. He calls us back every time!