A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bjorn Balldin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bjorn Balldin, Board Certified Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Balldin
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Balldin Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Cartilage Diseases
- Cartilage Fractures
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Contracture
- Hip Dislocation
- Hip Disorders
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Knee Dislocation
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Balldin graduated from The University of Texas at Houston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Balldin has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Heart Hospital
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bjorn Christian Balldin MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 5 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Bjorn C. Balldin practice?
- Dr. Bjorn Balldin has 4 office locations.
Dr. Bjorn Balldin practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Schertz, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons and San Antonio Pediatric Surgeons.