Dr. Blaine Sayre MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 19th, 2012
ALL PARENTS READ AND PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES PLEASE!!!
While visiting for my two year olds regular checkup today. I had my six year old with me as well. While answering a series of general questions and everything going great. One question that came to surface was if "anyone in the household smoked?" I responded by explaining that my husband and I do smoke however we do not smoke in our home or around our children. He preceeded to get down on one knee at the level of my six year old daughter, call her by name and explain to her that "mommy wants people to believe that she is intelligent but she smokes and that means that mommy is not very intelligent afterall." He began to elaborate on that very point for a couple of minutes. I had to explain to my daughter that I made a BAD decision to smoke and that it is yucky and unhealthy but that did not mean that I was stupid or unintelligent. When someone interferes with a child's perception of their parents, it is wrong but for a doctor to do this is unjustifiable. I fully understand that smoking is a controversial issue but dont feel that he handled the situation appropriately!