Addiction Psychiatrist, Family Practitioner, Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  I had to go their evey three months  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2014

Dr. wolfrum is more interested in promoting his business then really helping anyone. One time he was acting like he was listening to me, just long enough to promote his pharmacy. He never really did anything for me; I kept going there because at least he wasn't controlling. He never did anything for me. His business is like the Accounting Corporation, Arthur Anderson. This accounting business did nothing for their clients, and just collected money for doing nothing. That's what doctor Wofrum's business is like; he never did anything for me. I saw one of his counselors once, and she said that I was negative because I was too sick to go back to school. I already have a four year degree. His staff forced me two pay twice; and told me if I didn't do it they would throw me out. I tried to explain to them that I paid last time, but they would listen to me. I checked my records form on line banking, and did pay the previous time that I came. I tried to call the office back and the office manager talk to me really bossy, and rotten.

|  Found My Mr Right  |  show details
by Veronica on Dec 5th, 2013

My title is actually a pun. Before seeing Dr. Wolfrum I had no Mr. Right. One relationship after another was falling apart. It was reaching the point where I hated all men and I think they all hated me. I tried many other therapists to no avail. In that regard Dr. Wolfrum was my Mr. Right. He was able to point out to me all the things I was doing really wrong when dating. Now I'm in a great relationship and am engaged to be married. Thank you Doctor from the bottom of my heart.

|  From Sad to Glad  |  show details
by Sue K on Dec 4th, 2013

I had a very severe depression. I had seen many therapists but they didn't help in the least. I was on the verge of suicide. A friend told me about Dr. Wolfrum. I am so glad she did. Not only did this wonderful doctor save the day for me he also saved my life. I look forward with happiness to every new day now.

Oct 8th, 2013

I would like to be able to review this doctor, but I couldn't get past the front desk staff. They seem to be unaware that they are dealing with people and families suffering from mental illness. Sometimes it takes all the strength they have to get to the office and then they encounter the snottiest, most condescending staff. I honestly don't understand why a doctor would allow these people to represent him. They clearly don't understand mental illness. One girl actually rolled her eyes at me and said "well, you don't get to see the dr. then, do you?" All because I didn't have the "right" documentation which I was never told about when I called at least a dozen times trying to get in earlier. It took me a long time to find the courage to try to get help and I would never go back there.

by J Schubert on Aug 13th, 2013

If you want a shrink who is willing to cut the red tape and get right down to your problem at hand, Dr. Blaise Wolfrum is perfect for you. In other words he won't talk about your childhood for 25 sessions. He doesn't have to. It took us only two sessions to determine I had a borderline personality disorder something which shrinks in the past were never able to do despite all the childhood talk. I'm improving now with every session.

|  From Depressed to Happy  |  show details
by Jim S on Aug 12th, 2013

Quite simply I was seriously contemplating suicide when I first started seeing Dr. Wolfrum. Now that is the furthest thing from my mind. Life is good and Dr. Wolfrum is fantastic. Thank you for completely turning my life around.

|  Avoid at all costs  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2013

I have to agree with the below reveiw. I too have been going to this office for some time, only b/c of health insurance reason, but I must say this place is just awful. I do really like 1 dr, which is why I have put up with this place, but after my last visit I am really considering just leaving for good. I think I encountered the same new girl, long brown hair & and an additude I can do without. I honestly thought they had cleaned up their office staff recently but this girl who checked me in last time was very rude and snotty, she didn't have a clue as to what she was talkin about and even swore at me! the rest of the staff is really no better, but they have this additude about them, like they can treat people however they like because we are patients and we need these dr's, well let me tell you something I don't need them this badly! Most of the dr's there are awful to dealwith anyways, or you end up waiting over an hour for a 5 min appt.! If you know whats good for you, you will stay away and find another place, trust me you will soon grow to regret it!!

|  RUDE and a WASTE of time & $$  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2013

I am sad to say I've been going to this office for many years on and off since I was a teenager, and I have to say it is a complete waste of time and money!! The ONLY reason I kept going back was b/c I didn't have heath insurance for some time and they agreed to charge me a less amount, so I was kinda stuck. I was recently told by one of their idiot front staff help (a long brown haired kinda chubby girl) who I think is relatively new that they post their own "excellent" reviews to improve their image. If you look back at early last year and before reviews you will see the real office. The staff is so incredibly RUDE and incompetent!!! when you walk in and you are supposed to be the patient and are greeted with a rude attitude it's ridiculous. This new long brown hair chick was so RUDE to me and to top it off she had NO IDEA what the heck she was talking about! But to be honest it's always like that, you wait over an hour for the doctor, then he sees you for 2 minutes, multiple times he has over prescribed and my pharmacists has had to call him and clarify his prescription, and then they expect you to pay a ridiculous amount of money, that no one can explain the reason to before they will let you see the dr, and if you don't pay or see the dr they will charge you a "no show" charge!!! Please stay far away from this place, really they do not help, take it from a patient who has been seeing him for too many years already!

|  From Sad to Glad  |  show details
by J Shuber on May 2nd, 2013

I'm not a person of many words. But what I would like to say is I attempted suicide in 2006. I was extremely said and felt that everything was hopeless. Here we are now a lucky seven years later and I have a great outlook on life. I owe it all to Dr. Blaise Wolfrum. Thank you for giving me my life back.

|  Worth the Wait in Gold  |  show details
by Harry on May 2nd, 2013

Patience is needed when you visit Dr. Wolfrum. Pun intended sort of. He doesn't really need patients because he has plenty already. Why? Because he's the best, that's all there is to it. The only drawback for us patients is we do need a little patience on the day of our appointments. We're going to have a wait a while. But it's well worth it. He has made my life so much better. I was in the depth of despair when I first started seeing Dr. Wolfrum 5 years ago. Never thought I could turn my life around. But thanks to Dr. Wolfrum I look forward to each new day now.

|  Brought Me Down to Earth  |  show details
by Joe on Jan 16th, 2013

I was one of those aggressive my way or the highway type individuals. I never took no for an answer and always had to have things my way. Needless to say I didn't fare very well in relationships and didn't have many friends either. When I was a kid it was just the opposite, I was almost always denied what I wanted. Dr. Wolfrum has shown me how to be at a happy medium. I've learned how to compromise and more importantly how to get along a lot better with people. My only complaint is once in while I have to wait a long time to see the good doctor. But it is more than worth it.

|  Helped My Daughter  |  show details
by Nicole on Jan 16th, 2013

My daughter who is now 15 has been quite a challenge to raise. She's hyperactive, moody and has had some drug issues. I thought she was beyond help. I don't think that way anymore. Dr. Wolfrum has been wonderful to her and for her. Now a sophomore in high school she has made some nice friends and is much easier to get along with. We still set up appointments with Dr. Wolfrum and my daughter actually looks forward to them now.

|  Team Effort  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I would recommend Behavioral Health Care Associates not only because of Dr. Wolfrum, but also because I love their whole staff. Very friendly, courteous and professional. I feel I've been treated very special in many ways. One time when I had car problems, they actually stayed after closing time for me. Over the years they've done other very nice things for me. I wish all businesses were run like this.

|  A Doctor and a Friend  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

I think Dr. Wolfrum is not only outstanding in his field, he treats me like a good friend during my office visits. That makes me feel very comfortable and at ease during our sessions. I have a bi-polar disorder. But thanks to right combination of therapy and medication, I continue to improve. There were some rough periods we had to get through, but he was always right there for me.

|  Best in the Business  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Throughout my life I've seen several psychiatrists. They were totally unhelpful. Always wanted to talk about my childhood instead of helping me with the problem at hand. I have a history of anxiety and clinical depression. Thanks to Dr. Wolfrum they are now a thing of the past. I still see the doctor on a limited basis but right now my life is doing very well.

|  Saved My Life  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

I was suicidal after having a miscarriage several years ago. The father of the child was in Iraq and not writing so I was all by myself. When this happened my whole world turned upside down. Fortunately a friend told me about Dr. Wolfrum. He's been a real life saver by helping me find other avenues in my life. After meeting another man, I got married recently to this wonderful person. I have Dr. Wolfrum to thank for turning my life around.

|  The Best in the Business  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

In the course of my life I have seen many therapists. Some were okay and others were not so okay. Some would just prescribe medication without further ado and others just wanted to talk about my childhood it seemed forever. I'm glad I finally chose Dr. Wolfrum. I've been his patient for four years now and my life is steadily improving now. Without a doubt I think he's the very best!

|  Cured Me Of My Addiction  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2012

Last year I was hopelessly hooked on street drugs. I had nowhere to go but down. When it reached the point where I could no longer afford my habit, I sought professional help. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Wolfrum. A year later I'm am totally free of street drugs. I'm still receiving therapy to discover why I became that way and I'm fully confident that I'll never go back to drugs.

|  A Great Help Over the Years  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

Dr. Wolfrum has been nothing less than outstanding. I've seen him now for nearly 20 years and he doesn't miss a beat. He knows when I need medication along with exactly the right dosage and he also knows when therapy would be more effective than medication. It's usually combining the two. My life has improved about 10 fold since the visits started and I now finally see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Aug 27th, 2011

Dr. Wolfrum is very caring, listens to what I have to say and establishes a plan of care with my opinion in mind. The office staff is amazing, extremely nice and completely helpful. I feel as if Dr. Wolfrum has saved my life and having caring staff helps tremendously in the entire healing process. I believe Dr. Wolfrum cares about the well-being of his patients. I feel secure and grateful for having Dr. Wolfrum in control of my care. My life is certainly better for having seen Dr. Wolfrum.

|  Great Dr. not a pill pusher!!!!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

So many people say Dr. Wolfrum is a pill pusher. What he really is, is a great Doctor. He's quick to prescribe medication when you tell him symptoms because he is a genius. So many doctors wont prescribe high doses of benzos because they are afraid to lose there license. Regardless of how chronic or severe someone has anxiety a regular psychiatrist wont prescribe a cure. Doctor Wolfrum will. I suffered severe anxiety for 8 years before he cured me. He cured me with 6 mgs of xanax a day. Is that a crime? No....he's a saint!

|  Very professional doctor  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

I had a wonderful experience when I went to visit Dr. Wolfrum. I had experienced other therapists and psychiatrists over the years and was used to the usual routine of care. I thought I knew it all but he showed me new things about myself that have helped me to make a lasting change in my life and may eliminate my medications altogether one day. I was on five medications and now am down to only two and feel better than before plus I weigh ten pounds less. Weight had been a challenge for me. I found him warm and supporting of my needs and he has a very friendly office as well. I look forward to my next visit and working together with his team of experts.

|  Uses Your Time Well  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

I like how Dr. Wolfrum gets right to heart of the problem, without playing games like "tell me about your childhood." Like most other people it's not my childhood that's giving me stress. It's today economical climate.

|  Great All Around  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

I've been Dr. Wolfrum's patient for many years and plan on being for many more, if I need to be. However, I'm doing so well now the latter may not be necessary. I give him my highest recommendation

|  The Best is Better  |  show details
by James S on Apr 9th, 2011

I'm a long time patient of Dr. Wolfrum and have been very happy with him over the years. So much so I tried to overlook the things I didn't like. That included rude office staff members and extremely long wait times. Well things have gotten much better now. The wait times are very reasonable and most of the office staff is very nice, except for one person. But I won't mention her name here.:)

|  Tough Love  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

I have had one experience with BHCA in which I was attempting to deal with severe depression and thoughts of suicide. While my comments could be slightly tainted by my condition, I experienced the worst interaction with a doctor in my middle aged life. I spent nearly 30 minutes with an Advanced Practice Nurse that listened to my situation and took notes. It was a reasonable interview and touched upon the issues I wanted to address. Once completed the APN called in the owner / director for a consult. After mustering the courage to seek help and spilling my guts about inner fears and issues Dr. Blaise Wolfrum replied with disdain and condescension. His flippant comments and lack of concern is truly troubling for a person supposedly in the profession of helping troubled people. His first comment "why are you depressed when others have it worse than you" was a stinging slap across the face and set the tone for the rest of the time with him. I was stunned that depression was a competition with him. When I described my plans for suicide he ridiculed me. Then when I expressed guilt for not being around when a loved one died he continued with "Did you give her cancer?". Apparently Dr. Wolfrum is an advocate of tough love therapy. This man's attitude and and condemnation might motivate someone training for a race but has no place in the treatment of people who are in need of support and guidance. During the interview I was asked if I was on drugs to which I responded that I wasn't. Dr. Wolfrum didn't believe me and requested I take a drug test. When it came back clean, he replied " I guess you were telling the truth". Then I was billed $354 for a drug test. On a lesser note the reception staff was absentminded and painfully slow. When I called in I had to remind the person 3 times why I was calling and spent nearly 50 total minutes on hold. A red flag went up, but figured I should not judge a professional services organization like BHCA on just the receptionists performance and made an appointment anyway. There are a number of professionals at BHCA and I can't comment on all of them but if they take their guidance from the owner / director Dr. Wolfrum people would be better suited looking for another place for treatment. I would not recommend this organization to anyone looking for compassion or a caring attitude. My impression was that this is just a business looking to prey on the depressed with little regard for their well being.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

I was totally depressed and he saved be by giving me a detox. He is my hero and made me like life and have fun and be normal. He is one of the best doctors, everyone should come to him. People dont rate him that high of a rating though because some people love him and some hate him, it just depends on your personality.

|  We Endured The Hardships  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

My title is a bit tongue and cheek, but I say it because Dr. Wolfrum has not only helped me with my hardships over the years but I think he made the changes necessary to eliminate the hardships that existed at his practice. He had some rude and I'll even go as far as saying mean office people on staff, especially in his accounting office. The wait times were....well, bring a book and read it cover to cover while you waited. Back to the present. His office staff is great and the wait times are more than reasonable now.

|  Problems Solved  |  show details
by Cindy M on Jan 8th, 2011

Problems are solved in more ways than one. Starting with my own. I was addicted to prescription drugs. With the help of Dr. Wolfrum, I have cut down on my medications to a very manageable level. Within another six months, I expect to be off all of them entirely. Meanwhile, Dr. Wolfrum's office problems are solved too. Too often in the past there was a very long wait. Now it's rarely more than 30 minutes. Some of his office staff was rude. But right now all of them are very pleasant and professional.

|  Stay Away!!!  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

Please stay away from this doctor at all costs!! I can't stress this enough, you wait well over an hour sometimes 2 hours for him to see you for 5 seconds and prescribe whatever the drug rep. that was in that day gave him samples on. I went to him when I was a teenager for sever depression and i left with a serious addiction to uppers and downers. For any parents out there who are looking for someone to help your child please stay away from this man, he will NOT help you, infact he will make it worse!!

|  Best in the Business  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Wolfrum for many years and highly recommend him. He's not one of those shrinks who likes to be vague and talk about your childhood. He'll get right to the heart of the matter and help resolve your issues in a relatively short amount of time.

|  Hello  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

Greaat! And well worth the money!

|  Best choice by far  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2010

I was in a crisis and he helped me out. He was there when I needed help and helped me find an alternative to drugs and alcohol. He uses special detox techniques that set him above the rest. I trust him with my life because he gave me back mine.

|  Find another Doctor  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2010

Dont even waste your time with this dr. He dosent listen to you he is off in never never land. Wont be going back!

by James P. on Feb 16th, 2010

Knows what bothers me and how to fix it. Very caring and skilled.

|  A very skilled professional  |  show details
by KathrynA on Oct 22nd, 2009

Having been to many doctors in my life Dr. Wolfrum was able to shed a new light on my illness and suggested some new approaches that really have made a lasing difference for me. I happily recommend him to others as well.

|  On the right track  |  show details
by JOHNNYOBIALA on Oct 15th, 2009

I have been impressed with Dr. Wolfrum's dedication to his patients and to running a good practice. As a patient myself, I found him easy to work with. His specialty is picking the right medication(s) for each patient. Also, he is friendly and well liked by patients and staff.