Dr. Blake Pearson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Blake Pearson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 5th, 2017

A little disappointed

My initial impression was positive but it seemed the more questions I asked, the less friendly he became (he did surgery on a relative that I advocate for). The end result was fine but the in-between had a few bumps and it definitely didn't seem that he was concerned with the bumps. Was told "you have to hurt to heal". While I understand that pain is part of recovery, that did not seem a very sympathetic response to someone in distress. Overall, I'm sure he's a fine surgeon but not sure my family would use him again. (Just ran into difficulty trying to get a copy of records. Maybe I'm just impatient?)

July 31st, 2015

Great Experience

He did a great job on my neck surgery. Glad I had it done. Very friendly. Really nice guy.

June 16th, 2014

Blessed to have found Dr. Pearson.

Dr. Pearson is a rarity among medical professionals, highly capable and caring at the same time. I was diagnosed with a rare congenital condition in my spine at age 47. Finding someone to perform this surgery on me as an adult was challenging. We visited several different surgeons in the Birmingham area and even spoke with docs as far away as San Francisco. Dr. Pearson received flawless recommendations from every reference. He was cautious with my diagnosis, making me fully aware of possible complications from surgery. Dr. Pearson, along with Dr. Haynes, spent 8 hours performing my surgery. The first face I was when I woke up was Dr. Pearson asking if I could wiggle my toes. You should have seen the smile on his face when I did! There was no doubt in my mind that he was fully invested in my well being. Both docs had smiles on their faces every time they entered my hospital room and the one post op phone call I had to make was answered by Dr. Haynes instantaneously. I walked out of the hospital after just 4 nights (had been cautioned that the stay may be as long as 7-10 days) and was walking around my neighborhood on a walker within a week. Cannot wait to see what this body can do now!!

June 12th, 2014

I'd give more stars if possible. Great doctor and great staff. Couldn't have been in better hands.

September 16th, 2013

Excellent Medical Care

We would definitely recommend Dr. Pearson and Dr. Haines. Their staff is very courteous and professional. Dr. Pearson is an excellent surgeon and saved our son's life by removing a paraspinal sheath tumor. We could not have asked for a more professional expert or a more professional staff. The staff made the scheduling of the surgery easy and explained the entire process to us and provided us with everything we needed to know. They were very accommodating, reassuring and calm. We are very grateful to all.

October 23rd, 2012

Back surgery

Dr. Pearson zoned in on my problems and listened to me about my pain He gave provided me with excellent care and gave me the options. He then educated me on my options and gave me time to think about it. He also discovered some problems that had not shown up on the MRI and corrected my problems. I have never been so impressed with a doctor!

July 13th, 2012

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Pearson is by far one of the best back surgeons I have come across. Being a military spouse and having to move around; I have had the opportunity to meet different physicians and Dr. Pearson has and will always be remembered by me and my family.

May 10th, 2012

I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. Dr. Pearson pin-pointed my problem and I am free of pain and back to my normal routine.

May 3rd, 2012

Dennis Shellenbarger extensive lumbar surgery.

Very accurately diagnosed problems and discussed what could be done. He was open and honest answering my questions and took time to explain in my level of understanding. Manner made me feel confident and trusting.Then he backed it up by doing what he said could be done.

March 11th, 2012

Dr. Pearson is a very good neuro surgeon! Very professionable!

February 16th, 2012

Dr. Pearson is a caring, thorough, empathetic physician. I hadn't been to him for very long before I decided that I had to have the back surgery he recommended. Throughout that entire experience--some of which was very painful and unexpected--and the subsequent follow-up visits, I trusted him implicitly. I would recommend him without any hesitation!

February 4th, 2012

Dr. Blake Pearson and his staff were very professional and accessible. My surgery was very involved and my condition was rare. Three months after surgery and I am feeling great! I highly recommend Dr. Pearson.