A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bob Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bob Carter is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bob Carter, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Astrocytoma)
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Intracranial Vasospasm
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Ruptured Aneurysm
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Carter has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- UCSD-La Jolla John M and Sally B Thornton Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bob S Carter MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Bob S. Carter practice?
- Dr. Bob Carter has 6 office locations.
Dr. Bob Carter practices Neurological Surgery near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA and La Jolla, CA.
See San Diego Neurological Surgeons.