Dr. Bob Shafa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

no change

November 18th, 2016
Get a second opinion. This physician gave me an entirely an appropriate diagnosis. I need surgery and he blew it off as no big deal. Thank God I am now at UCLA and he is no longer practicing there.

November 17th, 2016
Wife
Overall experience with Dr Shafa was excellent! He is knowledgeable and competent in scary situations when operating on the brain on my 80 year old husband. I like Dr Shafa's reassuring manner.

August 12th, 2016
To receive any diagnosis of a brain tumor is horrific, but to have a doctor like Dr. Shafa explain the procedure, prognosis, and recovery helped in calming my fears. His confidence gave me confidence in my full recovery.

August 10th, 2016
Very thorough and complete
I believe Dr. Shafa was very thorough and explanation was complete. I was confident in his recommendation for treatment. I will gladly recommend my family and friends to him. Thanks for everything Dr. Shafa

July 15th, 2016
Dr. Shafa preformed brain, skull and neck surgery on my husband last month. It was a complicated surgery and due to Dr. Shafa's expertise as a neurosurgeon, the surgery was a success. Both he and Roselle were kind, caring and accessible to the needs of our entire family, during this difficult time. We were so fortunate to have him as my husbands surgeon.

July 9th, 2016
Successful back surgery!
I had horrible sciatica pain for 8 months. I tried Physical therapy, pain killers, etc etc. The only option left was surgery. Thank God I got a 2nd opinion from Dr. Shafa, who reviewed my MRI with me in detail on a big screen, which was extremely educational and made me clearly realize I had arthritic bone blocking my nerve channel at L5/S1. The previous surgeon I met with didn't show me anything and his diagnosis was to remove my L4/L5 disc! Instead, Dr. Shafa was able to shave off the arthritic bone at L5/S1 and my sciatica pain was gone right after the operation! It took about 6-8 weeks to recover from surgery (normal recovery time), and now I have my life back and I'm off pain killers!! Yay! Thank you so much, Dr. Shafa! And I can't emphasize enough how important a 2nd opinion is when you're considering surgery!!

July 8th, 2016
FAMILY
Dr Shafa treats his patients like family. We are so blessed to have him around.

June 20th, 2016
Dr. Shafa is very reassuring
Overall experience with Dr Shafa was excellent. He is knowledgeable and competent in scary situations when operating on the brain of my 80 year old husband. Dr. Shafa is very reassuring in his manner. Thank you Dr. Shafa!

May 5th, 2016
He seemed unwilling to help me when he left UCLA I had to see another Dr. I found out that my surgery ( two tumors between c-1 and c-2 ) could have and possibly should have been done sooner. The risk factor is also lower than he originally told me. It seemed like did not want to have the possibility of a lawsuit if the less then one percent risk were to happen. He just told me in not so many words oh we shouldn't do anything until you start falling down and can't function on your own anymore regardless of the pain that you are in. I am so glad that I now have another doctor that is concerned about my well being, The staff was nice though if I need to say something good.

I have a new life!
Dr Shafa is such a wonderful Doctor! He will explain everything to you and will make you feel comfortable about everything. THANK YOU FOR MY NEW LIFE DR SHAFA!!!

May 5th, 2016
Very satisfied with the whole experience!
I was satisfied with the whole experience. From the first meeting with Dr. Shafa he made me very comfortable and explained the whole experience in a way that I understand everything. Thank you so much Dr. Shafa!!!

March 10th, 2016
Don't let him fool you
He looks like jack sparrow and acts like the godfather. Appears he is paying people (or seducing them) to write all 5 star amazing reviews. Don't let this guy fool you.