Dr. Bobbie Graves Is this you?

1 Rating with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 1 Rating with 1 Comment

December 11th, 2010

Rachel Pitcher

Dr. Graves, became my Doctor when I was pregant with my daughter who is now 23,there were some personal problems that I don't wish to share, Dr. Graves, was at my bedside while I was being admmitted to the hospital, he was there by my side holding my hand through part of my labor.When my son who is now 20, was born again Dr. Graves was by my side he was supportive.My daughter got older and wanted to see a lady doctor, but my son continued to see Dr. Graves up until he was 18, he performend a surgery on my son when he was about 8 years old and he was right there in the recovery room, when he was released Dr. Graves, called the house checking on him.Dr. Graves, works in community that has a high rate drugs,violence, and he is the only pedi Dr. besides the health center and they don't take new patients so you have to go to SFGH, SF, General Hospital, and a lot parents don't go there for check-ups, shots etc they go for emergancys. Bayview also has a high rate of asthma and most of the kids living in the community suffer with asthma and are patients of Dr. Graves, and advocates for alternative medicines and education along with meds needed.Dr. Graves, has such a caring bedside manner, and he takes time with his patients, when he did my sons physicals for school, he would ask about his grades and his eating habits and suggest diffrent things and I just love and respect him for everyhing he has done for not only my family but for many, many families in Bayview Hunters Point Community.Dr. Graves, office is located in the Coleman Medical building (next door)the late Dr. Coleman was also a pillar to this community he was the first African American Doctor, in Bayview and made house calls. Both Dr.Graves and the late Dr. Coleman should be honored, such as a street renamed in both of their honors.After 35, years in the community Dr. Graves is still going beside a few grey hairs, not much has changed about Dr. Graves, he still has that same high energy and he cares about his patients and know most of them by name, and have become their childrens Doctor.

Childhood Asthma