Dr. Bobby Newbell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 21st, 2015
Negligent & dangerous
This man cares ZERO for his patients. He is one of the only doctors in Hazel Green which is all he has going for him. I came in with an obvious abcess a child could diagnose. He spent 2 minutes with me and prescribed a topical foam, after I could clearly hear him making jokes about it in the next room. A few days later the toxins were in my bloodstream & I was hospitalized with IV antibiotics. The ER doctor warned me of this dangerous quack but by then I already knew the extent of his negligence. Today I found out he misdiagnosed my mother, now she is in HSV hospital too. Dr. Newbell is a disgrace to the medical field. I'm meeting with a lawyer as soon as my mother is able. We want no money, to protect others we just want his license!

October 16th, 2015
Newbell is bottom of the barrel
Good doctors are hard to find these days, but they are out there. Pass this one up and find a better one. One who doesn't see you as a simple pay check and actually knows his profession

August 3rd, 2015
Very poor bed side manner should never see children. Told me he had a room I could discipline my uncooperative two year old in after we had waited an hour refused to examine my two year old for being uncooperative. I took to another doctor and he had an infection in both ears. Now wonder he was uncooperative.

June 6th, 2015
Prescribed a "maintencance" drug when all that was needed was something that I could take as needed. He told me that doctors no longer prescribed the "take as needed" drugs I inquired about, but told me I could take the drug he prescribed as needed, yet when I phoned my pharmacist and told them what he had prescribed and asked about the price of it, and if I could in fact take it as needed as Dr. Newbell said they were appalled! They said the drug I actually needed was the drug Newbell said doctors no longer prescribed, and that the drug he prescribed was not a take as you need drug...that stopping it abruptly was actually not recommended

January 27th, 2015
Dr. Newbell and staff always takes time to answer all your concerns.

August 29th, 2012
Not Recommended
I've seen Dr. Newbell for around 8 or so years, back when he was in the old office and now. I think the reason I've stayed with them as long as I have is Frances, his nurse practitioner. She is an absolute doll and has a much better bedside manner. I went in to see Dr. Newbell yesterday and while Frances showed concern, Dr. Newbell wouldn't listen to what I was trying to tell him, simply spouting off technical names for different medicines. He didn't bother to check all my symptoms and said they couldn't be related even though they started at the same time. I got so frustrated b/c he simply would not listen to what I had to say. I know my symptoms, I don't know what the diagnosis is, but how can he if he doesn't take the time to listen or check anything except my medical history from 6 years ago (with completely different symptoms).

June 25th, 2012
Retraction
I previously posted false statements regarding Dr. Bob Newbell on this website. I completely retract my previous statements and apologize to Dr. Newbell and anyone who might have been misled by my previous post.

August 5th, 2010
he is..
an awesome doctor. He personally has called to check on me when I was sick. He is very efficient in his office. His setup is great. He's a good doctor.

June 2nd, 2017