Family Physicians
Physicians of Family Medicine - Oxbridge Office
10130 Hull Street Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112
804-276-6900
Locations and availability (3)

|  n/a  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2014

I went to Dr. Jima recently do to illness and needed doctors' note for the job, along with some additional paper work that I needed filled out due to short term disability for the job. Dr. Jima told me he does not like to fill out this paper work because it is too time consuming. Dr. Jima is a great doctor and excellent listener. I feel better than I have in a while for just going to him in this short time. I however am very upset because I was told that in order for the office to fax this paper work I would be charged twenty additional dollars. Guess what none of the paper work that was faxed by the office on my behalf when through. It is bad enough that I have to pay for the medicine , and the copay, twenty additional dollars is a lot. When I went back in the office to get a copy of the paper work to fax it myself to the third party, the lady behind the counter was really nice and assisted me , but the black lady behind the counter gave me a really nasty look. Like I was causing problems about this paper work. I felt very uncomfortable, stressed out and distressed behind this situation. I really don't like to go any where I am uncomfortable. Dr. Jima is a excellent doctor and I will travel for a good doctor , but this situation is just not cool at all. I don't try to mistreat anyone and don't want anyone to mistreat me.

|  patient  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

I have only visited dr jima a few times and so far the experience was ok, but on my most recent visit I was ill and he prescribed me medications and the office visit vibe was great. I phoned the office and advised that I was still experiencing problems, and was advised he was off that day, I did leave a message, but no one responsed on Monday because the message was not put in the correct box, at least that is what I was advised over the phone. I finally got back in the office to see Dr. Jima and the vibe was not good, they treated me just like I was in a foreign store and was a black person and stole something. I just do not know how the message was deliver, I don't know if something was added or left out. I was advised by the chick from his office to just go back to work and quickly referred to a specialist. I think my job did not want me to be out and called up to the doctors office and got smart with one of the ladies up front. Vibe just changed, it when from sugar to ----. I don't know what I did wrong other than be sick. The insurance per pay check is pretty expensive, and when I go to a doctors office, I just want to be treated right. I don't think I will be going back to this doctors' office because I do not like to go some where that I feel uncomfortable.

|  Dr Jima is very caring and compassionate  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

I have worked in healthcare over 30 years. I've seen alot. After my pcp retired I tried finding a new one and went to 4 in Richmond who either didnt listen or flat out refused to keep me on medication I have been on for years and worked for me because they think they know better than me. One Dr wanted to put me on a medication that has problems associated with liver failure and Lymphoma among other things but she refused to give me a medication I have been on years. Dr Jima took time with me. He kept me on my course of medicines. He really listened and UNDERSTOOD me. I love the man and his staff is great too.