Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Allentown
1251 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Ste 109
Allentown, PA 18103
610-820-0300
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Will be Going back again  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

If you are looking for a warm fuzzy Doctor then Dr. Osterwald is not the Doctor for you. She is very straight forward and doesn't smile a lot. If you are looking for a Doctor who knows her stuff, is very Knowledgeable and is great at her job and very very flexible to do what you want with your birth plan then I would highly recommend her. All the nurses at the hosptal speek very highly of her skills as well. I recently delivered my baby with her as my Doctor and I was very pleased with the way everything went. She was very encoughing durring labor and kept giving me helpful tips. I will defiantly be going back to her.

|  A genuinely good doctor  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

I went to her after being unhappy with my former practitioner. I was interested in having a VBAC and she was very supportive of this. I had a wonderful VBAC and always felt safe and in competent hands under her care.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Osterwald delivered my youngest daughter and I found her to be very professional and on the ball with any issues I had throughout my pregnancy. I would absolutely recommend her to a friend.

|  Recommended 100%  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Osterwalds office for years. She delivered my first child and was absolutely WONDERFUL...Amy took care of my second pregnancy and I continue to make my appoinments with her. Everyone in the office is wonderful. Yes the wait almost every time is VERY long BUT to me it's worth the wait. They are very concerned about their patients and always assuring that all questions have been answered. I recommend Dr. Osterwald and Amy 100%

|  Find a new doctor now!!  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2010

I will never go back to this "doctor"! Not only did I wait 90 minutes to see her (mind you I had the first appointment of the day), but she rushed and didn't ask me if I had any questions until she was half way out the door. She then insulted my weight, which clearly on my chart has decreased by 60lbs. The final straw was that she called in the wrong prescription. I've been on the same meds for 7 years. Again...had she read the chart, she'd have noticed this. When confronted about the error, she said "it's the same thing, you can take it". She had no concern for the fact that the meds I've been on for years cost me $84/year, and because of her mistake I was now expected to pay $300. She was cold, rude and unconcerned for her patient. Luckily, there is one helpful person in that office, Bella. If it wasn't for her working on my behalf with Medco, this would not have gotten fixed. This women should not be allowed to practice medicine, she's horrible!

Aug 9th, 2010

office staff is incompetant and the dr could care less about what bothers you and is disrespectful at times. switch now!!!!!!!!!

|  I LOVE this DR  |  show details
by Danielle C on Jul 12th, 2010

I wil never go to another OBGYN ever she and amy kessler were awesome during my pregnany :)

Apr 18th, 2010

I conceived through IVF, my first appt there the Midwife admitted she didn;t even bother to read my chart. Took 3 visits for them to remember I was having twins. She never seemed like she cared abt anything I said or asked and I was always rushed out of the room..once she even SAID she had to rush me out of the room so the ultrasound tech could get in there. I'm in the process of changing dr's (my ins is changing) and on Friday, thought I was having contractions so I called their office..she actually HARASSED me abt changing Dr's and asked me a bunch of questions abt my new ins before telling me to go to L&D.

|  Not helpful or present during labor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 21st, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Was present for about 30 minutes of a 15 hour labor with my son. I was not happy with her bedside manner and was not happy with how availabl...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Feb 24th, 2010

Very nice Doctor, will visit again; quiet and very knowledgeable, took time to answer my daughter's questions.

|  Great OB/GYN Doctor!  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2009

First Ob doctor who did not rush me or talk over me and use words unfamiliar to me. She was patient, kind and answered all my questions at a most difficult time in my life. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

|  Awful: Not enough time or concern  |  show details
May 20th, 2009

Does not give patient the feeling that she cares, does not have enough time, always seems annoyed or hurried. Office visits have a wait of one to three hours every single time. Does not take patients concerns seriously, blows off issues she thinks are unimportant. Billing is done almost a year later. Is unclear about where she is willing to deliver, works for three hospitals and pressures you at the end to go where she wants. Midwife does NOT do deliveries. If you think about giving it a try a little longer, don't! When you need her, she won't care.