Drs. Bonnie Saks and Dr. Laura Franco show details Drs. Bonnie Saks and Dr. Laura Franco
by Rachel on Feb 21st, 2015

My journey to Dr.Saks has been long and arduous. They have helped me navigate medication safely and intelligently. Unlike previous doctors I felt informed and part of the decision making. I don't feel like a Guinea pig and that's a exceptional experience. I value their expertise and insight. I would, and have, recommended this group to anyone in need of therapy. I respect them and am thankful for their good work.

Worst shrink ever show details Worst shrink ever
by Collette Z on Feb 10th, 2015

This doctor is very arrogant and quick to diagnose. She will tell you all about her Harvard education and has no respect for patients. She likes to hand out her sample pack of the day regardless of your diagnosis. Then you get to see her nurse practitioner, Sandra, who is lazy, incompetent and rude. They'll detox you off their own meds and keep adding more until you finally decide to find another practice. Also her office manager Jennifer, is incredibly mean. It's just a miserable office, there's no mental health going on here. I did notice they're nicer to men, so maybe they just don't care for women.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience, and I would like to clear up a few misconceptions. Our office tries to be thoughtful and respectful of all people. We carefully choose the best and most effective medication for each individual patient, in consideration of the patient's wishes, fewest side effects, and lowest cost. I did not attend Harvard. Our Nurse Practitioner is a highly qualified clinician. I appreciate any direct communication and try to learn from any criticism. Not every doctor/patient relationship is a good fit and any patient is free to consult another physician.

empathetic doctor show details empathetic doctor
Jan 1st, 2014

Dr. Saks is an empathetic Dr. who is extremely knowledgeable. She follows up and does not leave one hanging so to speak.

Fabulous EXPERIENCED Doctor show details Fabulous EXPERIENCED Doctor
Sep 29th, 2012

Highly knowledgeable in her field, Dr Saks is professional and very experienced handling many different issues. You WON'T regret having her as your doctor. When I had a prescription mix up during one weekend Dr Saks called me back herself within 10 minutes. Unheard if in this day of "treat and street" medicine that other doctors practice.

Love Dr Saks and her staff show details Love Dr Saks and her staff
Nov 4th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Saks for several years due to severe chronic illness. She has been very caring, kind, and very concerned about my health and my ability to handle all the issues that go along with my illnesses. She has never been a pill pusher. She stays on top of my meds to make sure of no interactions. She is calming and caring. Her staff is very friendly to me always speaking to me with a smile. It is hard for me to read these other reviews and think it is the same office because my experience there has helped me get stronger and better. I still see her every couple of months and will for as long as I feel the need. JOsenton

caring doctor show details caring doctor
Oct 26th, 2010

She's been very caring and an attentive doctor to me for more than 5 years. when I am not doing well, all I need to do is call her office and Dr.Saks would call me and help me even if it means that she has to call me after office hours.

Pill Pusher show details Pill Pusher
by NeverAgain on Aug 3rd, 2010

This doctor prescribed antidepressant medication to me with no counseling what so ever. She had me stop one medicine and start another with gave me the most horrible withdraw symptoms I can imagine. You does not do therapy - just prescribes drugs.

Apr 7th, 2009

Doctor Saks is the best psychiatrist I have ever consulted -and I have seen many. She is not only easy to talk to, but also unsurpassed at adapting medications.