Overall Review

2.6

August 18th, 2016
Dr. Bair has shined during moments of crisis. And, lords knows we have had a few doozies. His biggest downfall is his bedside manner. He's very knowledgeable, but also very dismissive towards women (from my experience).

August 15th, 2016
Refused to see my child again & give him his immunization because I took him to my family doctor & not him.

September 9th, 2015
Rude and unprofessional
After Dr. Lamanna moved to Florida Bair came into play.. He didn't know much in the beginning and I dealt with that because the nurse assistants seemed to know more.He would refer me to a specialist Everytime a problem occurred with my children. My daughter was once tortured from the allergist test just to find she had a cold.. Every visit he would be too worried about the clothes and shoes my children had on than the reason for the visit2.He would yw type into the computer never making eye contact just asking questions saying negative remarks. The wait times were forever and don't let me be 5 minutes late I would have to reschedule. The final straw was when I waited 2 hours to be seen on a scheduled appointment. I was livid and they knew it once I wait 1 1/2 hours with 2 kids in the waiting room they moved me back into a room where I waited 30 minutes until Bair came in to just show his face. I asked how much longer because I'm 2 hours pass the appointment and I had to return my child back to school. He said rudely "not sure you want to reschedule" I said wouldn't be a bad idea. So I did just that once arriving a second appointment I waited 1 hour then I asked what was taking so long I said I would reschedule because I don't have it in me to be there all day..The receptionist then said he would take me after he over heard me talking. Bair was extremely rude and didn't speak a word to me..Once leaving the office I received a letter informing me that he no longer wanted to care for my children. How rude and inconsiderate

June 18th, 2015
A grateful mom
my son Michael has seen Dr Bair from birth,(he was only 4 pounds 12 ounces) he is nine and a half years old now.my son absolutely loves Dr B.my son actually tells me he needs to go see Dr B to make him all better. he has unwavering confidence and faith in him as do I.Dr Bair may use new school technology but he has the heart of an old school Dr. I couldn't imagine my son seeing anyone else but him, as a primary physician. he is a confident young doctor although he does not allow his confidence to get in the way of his wisdom. when he feels there's an illness or injury that needs a specialist he is the first to refer you to one that he would feel is most beneficial for your child.there has never been a visit that I wasn't able to speak, ask questions and at the end Dr Bair would always ask do you have any other questions for me. follow up visits were made before leaving the office and always have the assurance that if I needed him sooner he would be there for my son.it gives me peace of mind to have a pediatrician for my one and only precious child, that really cares about his well being.thank you and God bless you and your staff.

October 28th, 2014
Upset Mom
We have gone to Dr. Bair for 8 years now. As of today we will no longer be seeing him! He has his moody days, but today he was just ignorant and made me feel like I wasted his time for bringing my little girl in for an appointment! I believe thats why I pay him to see her-he is the Dr! My little boy was sick for a long time, I took him to numerous appts. I kept telling Dr. Bair something is wrong with my son! Again, he would say "I don't notice anything!" Long story short...My son was critically anemic and thankfully I worked in the medical field and my employer helped me recognize the symptoms. They prompted to tell Dr. Bair to get blood work, his hemoglobin was 5. Dr. Bair called me on the way home from his office after ordering the Labs, my son was rushed to Akron Childrens needing blood transfusions. The hematologist said my son would have gone to sleep one night and would have died of a heart attack, he was in so much distress from his anemia. Dr. Bair has kids himself, but he lacks feelings for other children! I reminded him as I left today he almost took my sons life and I doubt he thought twice about it.

September 23rd, 2014
I have been in Booker Bair's office several times with my grandchildren. I found him to be rude, arrogant, disrespectful, dismissive and misogynistic. He must have been absent for the classes in medical school regarding bedside manner. I can't speak to his medical knowledge, but its hard to trust someone who never looks you in the eye. I give him a zero in all people skills. He does not appear to possess any of the qualities I look for in a physician. He is a poor excuse for a pediatrician. If you are looking for a compassionate, nurturing physician for your children and one who will treat you will basic respect, take your precious babies somewhere else. You have to give respect to get respect. He will never have mine.

September 22nd, 2014
Well I have to say, I am not surprised by ANY terribly review I have read about this doctor. He rushes in and asks a number of scripted questions, never looking up at the parent or child ever. Aside from hardly making eye contact, he is loud, condescending, and rude. He acts as though any question I ask is ridiculous, even telling me that my question was "silly", to the point where I have stopped asking questions about anything. I would trust any parent on the street and their opinion over his. The only time he is ever a HALF-WAY decent human being is when my husband is there and then he pulls himself together long enough to not act like a complete a-hole to me. The only reason he can even stay in business is because he married someone with money. So he must feel like he doesn't even need to try. And it is quite apparent to everyone. The ONLY shining light about this doctor's office is his staff/nurses who are very friendly. Also- there is never anyone in the office (which should tell you something), so it is fairly easy to get an appointment with a relatively quick wait time.

April 9th, 2014
Awful
Honestly i was best friends with his bother for years. And I left his office in tears and switched after my sons second visit. He's very rough with newborns and he treats patients and mothers/fathers Like crap! Would never recommend him to anyone. No wonder everyone switches after first visit! He's a nightmare and so not personable at all!

February 6th, 2012
My daughter's father and I could not agree on a Dr. So during the court proceeding the judge ordered us to take her to Bair, and all I can say the majority of the people are CORRECT. Since he knows that I have to bring my daughter there he is really doesnt feel that he has to address my concerns. I cant stand it and to be honest I cant stand him either. Definitely no bedside manners. Cant stand having to go to him.

September 16th, 2011
Conflicted
My children started with the practice under the care of Dr. LaManna who was soft spoken, attentive and nurturing with my son. After he left, Dr. Bair took over the practice. He is loud, fast paced and lacks any kind of nurturing for parents or kids and is quick to dismiss parents.I have been with him for five years. I've gone back and forth with wanting to switch. He has been good the few times that my children have had an emergency...and that makes me have some faith in him despite him treating me like I'm a moron. Something I have learned....he talks down to women...but not to men!

September 7th, 2011
Very Good Doctor
Very thorough doctor. Takes plenty of time during office visits and follows up. Fantastic office staff, especially for new moms.

June 8th, 2011
not friendly to my kids. I have an older child and a younger one and neither has ever liked him.