Dr. Boris Ivkov MD Patient Reviews

February 5th, 2016
My Open Heart Surgery

February 5th, 2016
My Open Heart Surgery
Dr. Ivkov is an excellent and caring physician. He and his partner Dr. Galluccio followed my chronic condition meticulously for six years and sent me for heart valve replacement in a timely manner so that I am back in the gym two months after the surgery in full force. It is not easy and it is nerve wracking to live for years with the knowledge of having a heart defect and knowing that at some time it will deteriorate to the point of damaging the heart muscle. Dr. Ivkov was willing to answer all my questions and address my concerns in a professional and caring manner both before and after my surgery.

November 19th, 2015
Deeply Disappointed
I am deeply disappointed and upset with Dr. Ivkov. I made an appointment for my annual physical and expressly stated so while at my visit. He performed several diagnostic tests which are not covered under a typical physical exam and I am now stuck with over $1,000 in bills. After jumping through hoops with his office, the billing department, and my insurance company, I am left trying to figure out why the extra tests were done.. I've been trying to speak with the doctor for over a month but he refuses to return my calls. I've called every day this week, and still nothing. The level of disrespect this practice is showing for its patients is disgusting.

July 22nd, 2015
Dr. Ivkov is a seasoned, knowledgeable physician who inspires confidence the minute you meet him. He's a straight shooter who answers any questions you have and doesn't talk down to you. He's also open-minded about alternative and Eastern schools of medicine, which he has studied.

April 27th, 2015
Great doctor
Dr. Ivkov is a very capable and thorough physician. I have been going to him for fifteen years and he is very, very good.

December 15th, 2013
outstanding
I am 69 years old and working full time. Dr. Ivkov has been my physician since 1998 and in part thanks to his outstanding care I am able to keep doing ...

December 15th, 2013
outstanding
I am 69 years old and working full time. Dr Ivkov has been my physician since 1998 and in part thanks to his outstanding care I am able to keep doing so.

February 11th, 2013
Horrible Desk Staff
It is a sad state of affairs when you have to leave your Dr. do to his staff. They do not answer the phone and when they do you will be put on HOLD. Then 5-10 mins later someone else will answer and you will have to start again. I don't know about you but I do not have time for this incredible ineptitude. Simply pitiful!!!

July 18th, 2012
Very knowledgable
Dr. Ivkov has always answered my questions with clarity and precision, stated his trepidation regarding the unknown facts to current medicine, and offered reasonable advice including some alternative approaches. The treatments he recommended worked well for me in critical moments both as outpatient and inpatient at Lenox Hill Hospital. When Dr. Ivkov was on vacation, his partners took as good care of my health.

May 3rd, 2012
Great!
Great doctor, as well as his partners, competent office. Feel lucky I stumbled upon this office.

January 8th, 2012
Excellent
My best doctor so far. Very knowledgeable and caring, changed my life with his down to earth dietary and lifestyle advice.

September 17th, 2011
Excellent
Excellent physician. Listens to me, explains what is wrong in words I can actually understand and always cautions me about possible side effects of treatment. Same goes for his partners in the practice.