Internist

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
My Open Heart Surgery show details My Open Heart Surgery
by Lori S. on Feb 5th, 2016 on doctor.com

My Open Heart Surgery show details My Open Heart Surgery
by Lori S. on Feb 5th, 2016

Dr. Ivkov is an excellent and caring physician. He and his partner Dr. Galluccio followed my chronic condition meticulously for six years and sent me for heart valve replacement in a timely manner so that I am back in the gym two months after the surgery in full force. It is not easy and it is nerve wracking to live for years with the knowledge of having a heart defect and knowing that at some time it will deteriorate to the point of damaging the heart muscle. Dr. Ivkov was willing to answer all my questions and address my concerns in a professional and caring manner both before and after my surgery.

Deeply Disappointed show details Deeply Disappointed
by J Miller on Nov 19th, 2015

I am deeply disappointed and upset with Dr. Ivkov. I made an appointment for my annual physical and expressly stated so while at my visit. He performed several diagnostic tests which are not covered under a typical physical exam and I am now stuck with over $1,000 in bills. After jumping through hoops with his office, the billing department, and my insurance company, I am left trying to figure out why the extra tests were done.. I've been trying to speak with the doctor for over a month but he refuses to return my calls. I've called every day this week, and still nothing. The level of disrespect this practice is showing for its patients is disgusting.

Jul 22nd, 2015

Dr. Ivkov is a seasoned, knowledgeable physician who inspires confidence the minute you meet him. He's a straight shooter who answers any questions you have and doesn't talk down to you. He's also open-minded about alternative and Eastern schools of medicine, which he has studied.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Apr 27th, 2015

Dr. Ivkov is a very capable and thorough physician. I have been going to him for fifteen years and he is very, very good.

outstanding show details outstanding
by B. B. on Dec 15th, 2013 on doctor.com

I am 69 years old and working full time. Dr. Ivkov has been my physician since 1998 and in part thanks to his outstanding care I am able to keep doing ...

outstanding show details outstanding
by bobstillman on Dec 15th, 2013

I am 69 years old and working full time. Dr Ivkov has been my physician since 1998 and in part thanks to his outstanding care I am able to keep doing so.

Horrible Desk Staff show details Horrible Desk Staff
Feb 11th, 2013

It is a sad state of affairs when you have to leave your Dr. do to his staff. They do not answer the phone and when they do you will be put on HOLD. Then 5-10 mins later someone else will answer and you will have to start again. I don't know about you but I do not have time for this incredible ineptitude. Simply pitiful!!!

Very knowledgable show details Very knowledgable
Jul 18th, 2012

Dr. Ivkov has always answered my questions with clarity and precision, stated his trepidation regarding the unknown facts to current medicine, and offered reasonable advice including some alternative approaches. The treatments he recommended worked well for me in critical moments both as outpatient and inpatient at Lenox Hill Hospital. When Dr. Ivkov was on vacation, his partners took as good care of my health.

Great! show details Great!
May 3rd, 2012

Great doctor, as well as his partners, competent office. Feel lucky I stumbled upon this office.

Excellent show details Excellent
Jan 8th, 2012

My best doctor so far. Very knowledgeable and caring, changed my life with his down to earth dietary and lifestyle advice.

Excellent show details Excellent
Sep 17th, 2011

Excellent physician. Listens to me, explains what is wrong in words I can actually understand and always cautions me about possible side effects of treatment. Same goes for his partners in the practice.

Dr. Ivkov saved my life show details Dr. Ivkov saved my life
by Anonymous on Mar 16th, 2011 on doctor.com

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr.Ivkov saved my life show details Dr.Ivkov saved my life
by Anonymous on Mar 16th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Dr Ivkov saved my life show details Dr Ivkov saved my life
Mar 15th, 2011

I've known Dr.Ivkov for over five years. He is attentive, listens to my problems, explains the problems in layman's terms , speaks several languages and is a true european gentleman. He is very straight forward in his instructions, a no nonsense physician. Dr.Ivkov is also a humble person with a dry self effacing sense of humor (willing to admit when he is not sure regarding a particular clinical problem and explaining alternative options) considering he trained at prestigious institutions like Lenox Hill Hospital and at Harvard. I admit to be heavily biased in his favor as my former doctor treated my shortness of breath with asthma pumps for two years until Dr Ivkov diagnosed me with heart failure, literally threw the pump into the garbage can and initiated pills for heart therapy. He saved my life and I still have a reasonable and active lifestyle, as he found the right combination of medicine to arrest the progression of the heart disease.

5 stars show details 5 stars
by Anonymous on Nov 17th, 2010 on doctor.com

5 stars show details 5 stars
Nov 17th, 2010

I passed out at a party and bumped my head, no big deal, but my Mom insisted that I see her doctor because there was a small bruise around my eye. I visited Dr. Ivkov, first time ever, he looked at my eye and inside my nose and said I had to go to the hospital for surgery right away. I protested, I mean you just met me one minute ago and are telling me surgery??? All of a sudden the doctor become a buddy, put his arm around my shoulder, talked about his youth and drinking days and I really liked him and believed him. He also told me that I am the best doctor as I know my body better than anyone else. Then he asked me, in a very kind voice would I mind if we spoke with Mom on a conference call, "just to put her mind at ease". I foolishly agreed, and once on the phone he become his real self again, dropped the jokes and friendlyness ( it was all an act) and told Mom the same story how I broke my scull bone and that my brain was hanging out in the nasal cavity waiting to get infected and turn into pus and mush and that I could end up being a veggie. I protested as I felt fine, but than my Mom starting yelling at me over the phone, and I agreed. Two big male nurses came shortly with an ambulance van and drove me to the hospital, where they did X-Rays and operated on my head. Currently I am back in school with a large scar across the top of my head, fortunatelly the hair is growing back. I resent the doctor as he treated me as a child, but my parents oredered me to write this 5 star review.

Solid show details Solid
by Anonymous on Nov 2nd, 2010 on doctor.com

Read Full Review at doctor.com
One solid guy show details One solid guy
Oct 31st, 2010

I have been treated by Dr. Ivkov and his partners at times when he was out of town since 1998. I am one happy patient and feel fortunate I stumbled upon such a solid practice. Over the years Dr. Ivkov diagnosed me twice with serious conditions, one required hospitalization at Lenox Hill Hospital that he personally oversaw, the other, a cardiac catheterization, he referred me to Dr. Moses, at Columbia, as he taught that to be the optimal center for my particular problem. He was right, as he always is when it comes to serious issues. His approach to me as a patient has always been very precise and it all made sense once I learned about his background in the military. On one occasion we had our disagreement over a minor issue, unlike my previous doctors he wasn't stubborn nor vane and was open to understand my point of view. Dr. Ivkov and his partners run a busy practice, and sometimes the visits with him require a longer wait than I would like them to be, but each and every time there was a serious issue at hand I felt he and, in his absence, his partner Dr. Galluccio speared no effort to diagnose and treat me regardless of their time constraints. My criticism, a minor one, is that over the years Dr. Ivkov tended to stand behind his staff members even on occasions where they were not quite efficient. His explanation has always been that although imperfect, his secretaries were under daily pressure from intense patient's personalities and that he was willing to cut them slack due to circumstances.

Pretty shameful show details Pretty shameful
Sep 29th, 2010

Some major concerns about this physician. As a primary doctor, he really should know how to screen for breast cancer risk. I have a high prevalence of breast cancer on my father's side of the family, and from talking to several other doctors, I know that I am at an equal risk to those who are are at risk from the mother's side. He told me it only comes from the mother's side. He was decent enough to say that he'd look into it by asking some fancy surgeon he knows, but I think that as a doctor, he should know how to research such basic info on his own. And if he wants to check with a colleague, shouldn't he check with an oncologist or someone like that, instead of a surgeon, who may or may not be up on genetics? He did a lot of other name-dropping about all the fancy doctors he knows, and not all that much discussing of my symptoms and the matter at hand. Equally as irresponsible, he never called me back to go over test results even though I had called regularly for nearly two weeks. And finally, when I had gone in to get some follow up blood work done, they did not have their scheduling system straight and I ended up having to leave after waiting for a very long time. I was told I didn't need to make an appointment and to just show up during certain hours. But when I got there, I was told by a Esther, a very rude receptionist, that I in fact did need to make an appointment. Even when the tech corrected her in front of me, she didn't give me so much as an apology. And when I called back later, she was equally as rude. The other receptionist, Rose, was very nice when I spoke to her a few times during the many times I called to request a callback which i never got. But Ivkov is not worth dealing with Esther when she's the one there. Anyway, you get the idea. So unless you're looking for a doctor who's out of date and who doesn't call you back, you may want to look elsewhere.

No show show details No show
Aug 11th, 2010

Cancelled my first appointment without notifying me. Reception staff was rude and unapologetic. I will not be going back.

Professionalism and bedside manner.....best I have encountered show details Professionalism and bedside manner.....best I have encountered
by Eli C. on Jul 10th, 2010

After visiting several doctors for my condition. I was referred by a friend of my (ex) wife.Dr. Ivkov was the first to explain the gravity of my situaion in detail in a very caring, sensitive (and funny, if possible) way. He was the first the treat my condition very agressively, after considering all available options. Options that we not even mention by (at least) 2 other doctors I had previously visited.Professionalism and bedside manner are beyond compare to others I had visited....and East Side Medical took my insurance carrier, as well.